crazed gunman shot buy tulsa police. all caught on camera **Graphic pics inside.

Texashiker

Lifer
Dec 18, 2010
With the amount of blood coming out of his mouth and chest, it was probably a lung shot.

The guy probably did not even make it to the hospital.

spacejamz

Lifer
Mar 31, 2003
Blatant Police Brutality...Law Enforcement officials should have tried to sing Cumbaya to calm him down. They should do that for every hostile situation so that no guns, tasers or night sticks will ever be needed again...

shiner

Lifer
Jul 18, 2000
happened 1/2 block from my office. I heard the shots and got to watch all the pandemonium out my windows.

Last edited:

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
of course the cops shoot some random person as well. Tax payers prepare to get fucked by that guy.

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
Blatant Police Brutality...Law Enforcement officials should have tried to sing Cumbaya to calm him down. They should do that for every hostile situation so that no guns, tasers or night sticks will ever be needed again...

Looks liek they shot a pedestrian so a little retraint would of probably been a good thing. But of course you are a small government conservative who gently caresses police brutality. Go gently caress yourself.

a777pilot

Diamond Member
Apr 26, 2011

I agree. Maybe that poor man was just upset he didn't have shoes.

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
Also for all you pro gun people - this man was gunned down for brandishing a firearm. Doesnt this man have the right to carry a firearm?

monovillage

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2008
Also for all you pro gun people - this man was gunned down for brandishing a firearm. Doesnt this man have the right to carry a firearm?

He has a right to carry a firearm, but not let off a couple of shots and then hold it in his hand as he waits for a response, but you knew that.

Londo_Jowo

Lifer
Jan 31, 2010
londojowo.hypermart.net

He has the right to own a gun and can carry a concealed weapon in Oklahoma provided he can meet the CCW licensing criteria. Oklahoma prohibits open carry so he was in violation of the law. Additionally it's against the law to brandish a weapon.

CallMeJoe

Diamond Member
Jul 30, 2004
Oklahoma does not allow open carry. An open carry provision for concealed-carry permit holders was just approved by the State House, though it has not yet become law.

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
He has a right to carry a firearm, but not let off a couple of shots and then hold it in his hand as he waits for a response, but you knew that.

is the response to someone shooting a gun in the air to fire wildly at that person hitting other people in the process?

monovillage

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2008
is the response to someone shooting a gun in the air to fire wildly at that person hitting other people in the process?

I said they needed more range time. My bet it that their evaluation in the small amount of time they had was that he was a greater threat to them and the public and they stopped him.
I'm curious if they were using newer technology ammunition like the Glaser slugs or a good hollow point, but that will come out later.

CallMeJoe

Diamond Member
Jul 30, 2004
I said they needed more range time. My bet it that their evaluation in the small amount of time they had was that he was a greater threat to them and the public and they stopped him.
I'm curious if they were using newer technology ammunition like the Glaser slugs or a good hollow point, but that will come out later.
1974 is newer technology?

woolfe9999

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2005

The sequence of events: 1. he brandished and fired randomly, 2. police approach him, 3. he points gun at police, 4. police shoot. How do you think the cops should have handled this?

Londo_Jowo

Lifer
Jan 31, 2010
londojowo.hypermart.net

Based on the MSNBC article the deputies fired 5 rounds, somehow that doesn't meet your description of firing wildly. It's also not known if the one bystander that was wounded was from a round fired from a deputy's gun.

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/03/08/10608473-dramatic-shootout-outside-tulsa-courthouse

He then sat on a cement bench at the plaza, according to local NBC station KJRH. Three deputies reportedly arrived moments later and exchanged fire with Dennehy.

One deputy was shot in the hand, Sgt. Dave Walker of the Tulsa Police Department told KJRH. The deputy is in serious condition with non-life-threatening injuries.

Deputies fired a total of five rounds at Dennehy, striking him in the face and body, KJRH reported. He was taken into surgery and was in critical condition as of Wednesday night.

A suspect later identified by police as Andrew Joseph Dennehy holds a gun as Tulsa County sheriff's deputies and other law enforcement officers surround him on the plaza in front of the Tulsa County courthouse in Tulsa, Oklahoma, on Wednesday.

It is not clear if a bullet from the gunman or from police struck the bystander, who is in fair condition. A woman, who was not hit by gunfire, was "shaken up" and treated at the scene.

monovillage

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2008

RampantAndroid

Diamond Member
Jun 27, 2004
In terms of getting a police department to accept frangible bullets, kinda. There has also been a huge amount of anti-gun hysteria aimed at "hollow point" ammunition.

And Magnum rounds was a bad word in the past, too. Oh, and 5.7mm rounds apparently are cop killers.

Or rubber sabot rounds.

IMO, yes. You open fire in public, you need to be incapacitated. Firing in the air, well...what goes up, must come down.

xBiffx

Diamond Member
Aug 22, 2011

Everywhere that has a law allowing citizens to carry a weapon also has a law making brandishing that weapon illegal you fucking troll. If you brandish a weapon prepare to be shot at, especially if you wave it around at police but like monovillage already said, you knew that.