crazed gunman shot buy tulsa police. all caught on camera **Graphic pics inside.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

monovillage

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2008
And Magnum rounds was a bad word in the past, too. Oh, and 5.7mm rounds apparently are cop killers.

Or rubber sabot rounds.

IMO, yes. You open fire in public, you need to be incapacitated. Firing in the air, well...what goes up, must come down.

I don't think you're kidding about using rubber sabot rounds against a dangerous opponent. Good luck with that.

RampantAndroid

Diamond Member
Jun 27, 2004
No doubt. Might as well just bring the Nerf or Super Soaker. :whiste:

Clearly you've not been following the effectiveness of rubber rounds in taking out targets.

However, in this SPECIFIC instance, it sounds like they just reacted.

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
The sequence of events: 1. he brandished and fired randomly, 2. police approach him, 3. he points gun at police, 4. police shoot. How do you think the cops should have handled this?

thats not what the article said. Please show links.

1. he brandished a firearm and shot in the air
2. police approach him
3. he stands up
4. police fire a measily 5 rounds hitting him twice and 3 bullets end up in a library window, a mans leg and unknown.

Those are the facts per the article.

Kadarin

Lifer
Nov 23, 2001
Surprised the police only fired five rounds. Usually in situations like this we hear that they fire about 30. Still, this situation smells like attempted suicide by cop.

OutHouse

Lifer
Jun 5, 2000
Also for all you pro gun people - this man was gunned down for brandishing a firearm. Doesnt this man have the right to carry a firearm?

he got shot for shooting at the cops.

Deputies stationed inside the courthouse ran to the scene after hearing gunshots and exchanged fire with the gunman, leaving both the suspect and a sheriff's deputy wounded.

get out troll.

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
1. I speculate the shot at him first.

2. you speculate they didnt

3. We both speculate

go gently caress yourself. this troll stays.

shiner

Lifer
Jul 18, 2000
According to multiple eye witnesses the nutjob was firing into the air and then sat down. When the deputies approached he stood up, pointed his firearm at them and fired 1 shot, which struck a deputy in the hand, and then was taken down by the officers.

That jives with what I heard from my office.

I cannot see the actual area where the shooting took place, I'm on the third floor of a building 1/2 block away and angle is off by a bit for me to fully see the area of the plaza where the shooting took place.

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
According to multiple eye witnesses the nutjob was firing into the air and then sat down. When the deputies approached he stood up, pointed his firearm at them and fired 1 shot, which struck a deputy in the hand, and then was taken down by the officers.

That jives with what I heard from my office.

I cannot see the actual area where the shooting took place, I'm on the third floor of a building 1/2 block away and angle is off by a bit for me to fully see the area of the plaza where the shooting took place.

If thats the case then they had every right to shoot him.

The police still shot a innocent man and fired 2 other shots that thankfully didnt hit anyone.

Somebody is getting reamed out tonight thats for sure.

xBiffx

Diamond Member
Aug 22, 2011
If thats the case then they had every right to shoot him.

The police still shot a innocent man and fired 2 other shots that thankfully didnt hit anyone.

Somebody is getting reamed out tonight thats for sure.

Keep trollin, keep, keep trollin..... :whiste:

Sorry if you think that letting this gunman shoot likely more than one innocent person is better than what happened. Police acted accordingly. As was stated earlier, some more experienced would have probably helped with the stray shots, but they happen. Of course your answer for everything is to blame guns. I'll bet this would have ended up much better if they police just brought sharp sticks instead of guns. :rolleyes: