Not open for further replies.

huh2142

May 3, 2008
Based on my prescription the following machines are recommended:
1. Fisher & Paykel HC604 ThermoSmart
2. Icon Premo ThermoSmart
3. ResMed S9 Elite + H5i climate control
4. Respironics RemStar Pro with C-flex and SD card

Reviews seem to favor the ResMed model. Has anyone had experience with any of these models and could you provide your experience/recommendations?

The recommended mask is a A7034 Nasal Mask/Pillow.

I'm in the Dallas-Fort Worth area so suggestions as to places to buy this stuff from would be greatly appreciated as well.

Thanks for your help.

Cstefan

Golden Member
Oct 6, 2005
I have #3. It's fantastic and whisper silent. Also if your apnea is weight related, it's easy to drop the pressure without paying that 2k sleep study every 3 months while losing weight.

I hated the pillows, they tore the hell out of my nose. I got the Mirage FX mask which is rather minimal compared my old getup.

Do it through your insurance if you have/can. They have the resources to get you set up properly.

huh2142

May 3, 2008
I have #3. It's fantastic and whisper silent. Also if your apnea is weight related, it's easy to drop the pressure without paying that 2k sleep study every 3 months while losing weight.

I hated the pillows, they tore the hell out of my nose. I got the Mirage FX mask which is rather minimal compared my old getup.

Do it through your insurance if you have/can. They have the resources to get you set up properly.

Thanks for your feedback.

I tried a full mask a Mirage FX, I believe, as well as the nose pillow. I slept better with the nose pillow. My insurance allows a new mask every 6 months so I may switch to a full face if the nose one isn't effective.

I'm just looking to get as many opinions as I can.

I don't think it is weight related but it could be. I'm 5'7", 188 lbs which puts me very close to the obese BMI but I do work out so I have some muscle. :)

Thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.