Covidiots thread

Page 173 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

balloonshark

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
EDIT: what I wanted to mention from your link was that this appears to be the start of their "privatization efforts" seeing as how that district does NOT have private or charter schools available.

Del. Heather Tully, R-Nicholas, said that parents concerned about the elimination of mask mandates, testing, and stricter quarantine rules have other options available to them.

“We have homebound instruction. We have West Virginia virtual school. We have home school options. The parents could elect to send the child to a private school or a charter school if we ever get one up and running eventually,” Tully said.

Way to go Tully.
As far as I know they also took away the option for learning at home this year so she's wrong about that one unless something has changed. I think the only private school we have in the area is a christian school which is a big shocker.

DaaQ

Golden Member
Dec 8, 2018
As far as I know they also took away the option for learning at home this year so she's wrong about that one unless something has changed. I think the only private school we have in the area is a christian school which is a big shocker.
I am a system tech for 5th largest ISP in the country, granted my sub office, covers approximately 10k miles of fiber/coax, I previously worked for a satellite company covering two states. I don't know of a private school within an hour and a half drive of where I live. Including charter schools.

Reactions: balloonshark

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
I am a system tech for 5th largest ISP in the country, granted my sub office, covers approximately 10k miles of fiber/coax, I previously worked for a satellite company covering two states. I don't know of a private school within an hour and a half drive of where I live. Including charter schools.
:oops:

That you know of? Google "private schools near me" and report results.

I live in a small city (90k) and that search return 17 private schools.

DaaQ

Golden Member
Dec 8, 2018
:oops:

That you know of? Google "private schools near me" and report results.

I live in a small city (90k) and that search return 17 private schools.
OK the one that would be under an hour drive has no google reviews, rest are all hour and a half drive distance. and are all Christian Academies. NTY

Would you send your grandchildren here?

Last edited:

esquared

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000
Looks like meat loaf may have been a covidiot too.

No one says whether he was vaccinated or not, but he apparently had COVID-19 along with family members.

"In May, he posted a clip of Eric Clapton’s anti-lockdown song “Stand and Deliver,” and, in what appears to be one of his last interviews, Meat Loaf appeared to be losing patience with pandemic measures.

Speaking to The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette in August last year, he told the interviewer “I hug people in the middle of COVID,” and said: “I understood stopping life for a little while, but they cannot continue to stop life because of politics. And right now they’re stopping because of politics.”

The singer went on to complain about being asked to wear a mask on a plane, stating that he didn’t believe paper masks were as good at N95s at stopping the coronavirus from spreading. “We had to go on the airplane with the paper masks and then on the way back, we got a Nazi: ‘Get your mask on now!’ They’re power-mad now,” he told the paper.

After the interviewer replied, “Oh, God. We’re being controlled by everybody,” the singer responded ominously, “Yeah, I know. But not me. If I die, I die, but I’m not going to be controlled.”

Last edited:

Heartbreaker

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2006
There is something going around, along with COVID.

She had fever last night, 101.2f I think it was, with belly ache. Seems fine today. They could both smell garlic. That was our test we used to see if they could still smell. Can't vax them while sick, our 5 yr old had a negative test on Jan 12th. Have to go get another one for her and her 6yr old sister.

Note that Omicron symptoms are different, and loss of smell is less common, so has little diagnostic value for Omicron:

Symptoms-Revise.jpg

Reactions: pmv, H T C and DaaQ

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
OK the one that would be under an hour drive has no google reviews, rest are all hour and a half drive distance. and are all Christian Academies. NTY

Would you send your grandchildren here?
Uh no... but they are both out of school now, and employed as firefighters/EMTs.

Of the 17 my search produced, 9 have christian, or a religious connotation to their name.

Reactions: DaaQ

DaaQ

Golden Member
Dec 8, 2018
Uh no... but they are both out of school now, and employed as firefighters/EMTs.

Of the 17 my search produced, 9 have christian, or a religious connotation to their name.
Yea. We are quite rural, damn staff won't get vaccinated, so schools out for second time this year. since 2022

We cannot afford to drive them an hour and half, nor afford the tuition of a private school. Which was my point of the Idiot R from WV saying parents have choices. IF and WHEN they ever got private or charter schools up and running.

EDIT: Shit we don't even have legal guardianship of them when both biological parents are both out of state and basically abandoned their girls. Multiple times. Only thing we have is power of attorney to make medical school decisions.

Thanks MITCH and RAND bastards.

MrPickins

Diamond Member
May 24, 2003
Del. Heather Tully, R-Nicholas, said that parents concerned about the elimination of mask mandates, testing, and stricter quarantine rules have other options available to them.

“We have homebound instruction. We have West Virginia virtual school. We have home school options. The parents could elect to send the child to a private school or a charter school if we ever get one up and running eventually,” Tully said. “So, there are other options to pursue education outside of the public school system if a parent would be so upset about the lack of a mask mandate or quarantine guidelines.”

Fixed that for Ms Tully.

Snowflakes, every last one of them.

feralkid

Lifer
Jan 28, 2002

No one says whether he was vaccinated or not, but he apparently had COVID-19 along with family members.

"In May, he posted a clip of Eric Clapton’s anti-lockdown song “Stand and Deliver,” and, in what appears to be one of his last interviews, Meat Loaf appeared to be losing patience with pandemic measures.

Speaking to The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette in August last year, he told the interviewer “I hug people in the middle of COVID,” and said: “I understood stopping life for a little while, but they cannot continue to stop life because of politics. And right now they’re stopping because of politics.”

The singer went on to complain about being asked to wear a mask on a plane, stating that he didn’t believe paper masks were as good at N95s at stopping the coronavirus from spreading. “We had to go on the airplane with the paper masks and then on the way back, we got a Nazi: ‘Get your mask on now!’ They’re power-mad now,” he told the paper.

After the interviewer replied, “Oh, God. We’re being controlled by everybody,” the singer responded ominously, “Yeah, I know. But not me. If I die, I die, but I’m not going to be controlled.”

Oh damn it all when someone's pride and ignorance becomes the death of them.

RIP, Eddy!

Rocky-Horror-Meat-Loaf.jpeg

DaaQ

Golden Member
Dec 8, 2018
Fixed that for Ms Tully.

Snowflakes, every last one of them.
You didn't fix anything, here in KY we are suffering due to a lack of a mask mandate and due to quarantine guidelines, because the SC ruled ass backwards, that the public school system doesn't have enough staff to run the schools from exposure. Because the adults won't be adults.

Parents have the option of sending students to private or charter schools, IF big ass fat IF they could get them up and running.

It is a play to try and privatize the educational system same as the prison system. It's the GOP way.

Apologies if /S was implied.

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008

An Irishman who refused to wear a Covid mask during a flight from Dublin to New York and exposed his rear end to a flight attendant faces up to 20 years in prison if convicted of assault, the US justice department said on Friday.

Sounds as if it was the mask thing that caused him to kick off, so I guess it belongs here.

akugami

Diamond Member
Feb 14, 2005
Masks are PPE, and PPE is typically a poorly effective means of hazard control. Cloth masks were always known to be poorly constructed for their intended purpose at that even... But really was a "better than nothing" solution that's easily accessible and implementable (unlike building ventilation systems.)

Vaccines are highly effective, and continue to be as long as we have realistic expectations of what they do. Preventing all infections is not realistic.

There isn't evidence for this claim. The unvaccinated by choicers are a risk, but that's not where the variants of concern have come from.

Delta originated in India prevax rollout.

It's not been established where Omi came from, but leading theories are from an animal reservoir that crossed back to humans, or possibly from an immunocompromised human with a long running (but not lethal) infection that couldn't be cleared from the body.

Vaccines don't eliminate those scenarios. More vaccinations doesn't necc prevent new variants.

Higher vaccination rates create selection pressure for antibody evasion.

Delta is highly transmissible, but only mild reductions in antigenicity. Areas of high vaccination had only mild Delta outbreaks.

Omicron however evades effectively, thus the total cases shoot much higher and it outcompetes.

The problem with the unvaccinated is the risk to the medical system being overwhelmed during an outbreak due to so many severe cases. Not to mention the impact their illness and death does to their families.

I do see what you're saying. And vaccines would not prevent the scenarios you paint, at least not entirely. But having a vaccinated majority, as well as masking up, would reduce the spread of mutations because it would reduce the spread of the virus and its mutations.

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001

There is a post on sorryantivaxxer on him with a giant asterisk. Not proven he's an antivax nut, but he is a fkwit that killed himself.
Old and fat not good for covid.

As far as his career, don't really know his work much, but I best know him as Bitchtits from Fight Club.

He can take down Cornelius, but Covid knocked him TFO.

Last edited:
Reactions: ch33zw1z

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
HE WILL DO ANYTHING FOR LOVE
BUT HE WONT DO THAT, wear a mask.

Charles old buddy Darwin, carry on those wayward sons.
Nobody would have heard of him if it weren't Rocky Horror Picture show. Still can't believe that one album sales record.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
He confuses nothing. Much like cocaine, cognitive dissonance is a hell of a drug.

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
There is a post on sorryantivaxxer on him with a giant asterisk. Not proven he's an antivax nut, but he is a fkwit that killed himself.
Old and fat not good for covid.

As far as his career, don't really know his work much, but I best know him as Bitchtits from Fight Club.

He can take down Cornelius, but Covid knocked him TFO.

I remember getting into an argument with a friend like 10 years ago who had to convince me that Robert Paulson was Meat Loaf. I was convinced he was dead wrong or just messing with me. Obviously I got schooled by a quick IMDB check.

MrPickins

Diamond Member
May 24, 2003
You didn't fix anything, here in KY we are suffering due to a lack of a mask mandate and due to quarantine guidelines, because the SC ruled ass backwards, that the public school system doesn't have enough staff to run the schools from exposure. Because the adults won't be adults.

Parents have the option of sending students to private or charter schools, IF big ass fat IF they could get them up and running.

It is a play to try and privatize the educational system same as the prison system. It's the GOP way.

Apologies if /S was implied.

My point with the fix was that, if there was an actual mask mandate, her statement would work perfectly well in saying that anti-vaxxers have a lot of options to keep their kids away from public schools and the oh so evil mask mandates.

esquared

Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000
Nobody would have heard of him if it weren't Rocky Horror Picture show. Still can't believe that one album sales record.
I have never seen the rocky horror picture show.
I think you're wrong about nobody would have heard of him as he's sold over 100M records world wide in his
career. The three Bat of of Hell albums sold 65M by themselves.
He was working hard in the rock and roll business long before the film. Matter of fact he quit the theater/movie business
in 1974 to concentrate on the music and the album, with Jim Steinman
They got a lot of rejections along the way (Clive Davis and others) until Todd Rundgren decided to produce Bat out of Hell. The rest is history.

Read up on his beginnings, this guy worked hard to get where is/was.
Lots of work, lots of rejections before they made it.

I read this in the wiki somewhere that Meat Loafs band, Meat Loaf Soul opened for Van Morrison's band Them and Question Mark and the Mysterians
back in 68. Remember Gloria, Here Comes the Night and 96 Tears?

Last edited:
Reactions: feralkid

esquared

Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000
Here's another one.

Father dying of Covid regrets not getting vaccine in heartbreaking texts

“I can’t breathe again,” he texted his brother, according to KTLA. “I really regret not getting my vaccine. If I can do it all over again I would do it in a heartbeat to save my life. I’m fighting for my life here and I wish I [had] gotten vaccinated.”