Covidiots thread

Page 144 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

weblooker2021

Jan 18, 2021
You have a right to not vaccinate. People have a right to not let you in their establishment because you don't mask up or are vaccinated. Businesses have a right to not employ you if you don't get vaccinated.

The push for people to vaccinate is FOR THE COMMON GOOD. It is called the social contract. That is why, not just democrats, but all responsible people are pushing for the vaccine. Anyone who does not honor the social contract does not deserve to be a part of society.

And your comment doesn't address how republicans are hypocrites about "my body, my right" when it comes to vaccination yet are the total opposite when it comes to whether a woman can have choice over her own body. Somehow a woman does not have a right to her body when it comes to a choice of whether to have an abortion or not. Suddenly everyone but the woman has a right to her body. It's called hypocrisy.

For all the claims about freedom, republicans seem to love passing laws that oppress the freedoms of women and minorities.

COVID can go away if the overwhelming majority of the population chooses to vaccinate. Debilitating diseases such as polio has been wiped out, and measles have mostly been wiped out in the US because of vaccines. COVID can be wiped out, or damn near to it, if not for anti-vaxxers. Polio has three serotypes (variations), and type 2 was declared eradicated in 2015, type 3 was declared eradicated in 2018, and type 1 had the last known case in 2018. So don't tell me vaccines don't work. Science shows vaccines work. Measles have mostly been wiped out in the US, and the only major outbreaks are in areas where some ethnic or religious groups refuse vaccination.

Is it a guarantee that COVID will be wiped out if most of the population vaccinates? No. But it sure as hell would reduce the spread of the COVID virus and its ability to mutate if people just vaccinate and mask up and we'd have been back to normal by now if not for the anti-vaxxers.
Sure business have a right to deny service to anyone but that is not what is happening here. It's government demanding business do it. Let business make that decision on their own and we will see what they will decide. I don't remember ever signing social contract, can you show me that contract?

Covid is very different compare to polio in terms of how virus it self and how vaccine works. Unlike polio, Covid protection goes away after 6 months or so, being this virus will continue to circulate the globe, booster will be need to continue to have protection against. Many experts agree that Covid will be endemic. Also it mutates often, we are talking about 3rd variance that is very contagious within 3 years. Covid vaccine works more like vaccine against influenza compare to one that works against polio

Reactions: eikelbijter

rmacd02

Nov 24, 2015
So, a booster may be required from time to time. Such a burden. OMG!

Social contracts are not signed, it is simply part of being a part if society.

Those who eschew it should drop out of society, and not reap the benefits of said society. In other words, F off!

BTW, vaccine is not required, you can be tested on schedule if you choose not to get vaccinated.

• Haha
Reactions: weblooker2021

weblooker2021

Jan 18, 2021

Those who eschew it should drop out of society, and not reap the benefits of said society. In other words, F off!

BTW, vaccine is not required, you can be tested on schedule if you choose not to get vaccinated.
You're welcome to get booster anytime you want, no objection from me. I don't care about "being " part of the society so i will just ignore the norms which i got no problem doing. So enjoy doing whatever your local government tells you and i will just live my life normally.

• Haha
Reactions: Pohemi

akugami

Diamond Member
Feb 14, 2005
Sure business have a right to deny service to anyone but that is not what is happening here. It's government demanding business do it. Let business make that decision on their own and we will see what they will decide. I don't remember ever signing social contract, can you show me that contract?

Covid is very different compare to polio in terms of how virus it self and how vaccine works. Unlike polio, Covid protection goes away after 6 months or so, being this virus will continue to circulate the globe, booster will be need to continue to have protection against. Many experts agree that Covid will be endemic. Also it mutates often, we are talking about 3rd variance that is very contagious within 3 years. Covid vaccine works more like vaccine against influenza compare to one that works against polio

Republican governed states are banning businesses from enforcing vaccine requirements. Just look at states like Florida, Texas, and Mississippi. Again, another lie by the "pro business" party.

Suddenly every anti-vaxxer is an expert virologist and medical researcher and knows exactly how every virus works and how to treat it. Amazing how they will go to a doctor for other illnesses, but these very same doctor do not know as much about viruses and vaccines as the anti-vaxxers.

Anyone who doesn't have their head up their ass has a general idea of what the social contract pertains to. Anyone who doesn't know what it is can easily search what it means. And if you don't want to participate in society, go up a mountain and live in a cave. Leave the rest of society alone. You won't be missed.

Last edited:

rmacd02

Nov 24, 2015
You're welcome to get booster anytime you want, no objection from me. I don't care about "being " part of the society so i will just ignore the norms which i got no problem doing. So enjoy doing whatever your local government tells you and i will just live my life normally.
You may not care about being part of society, but you are part if it.

You get many benefits from being part of it.

Stop being such an asshole!

weblooker2021

Jan 18, 2021
Suddenly every anti-vaxxer is an expert virologist and medical researcher and knows exactly how every virus works and how to treat it.
I got no science background and i am not claiming to have it. What i posted is what being reported by experts. It's pretty clear that vaccine protection last for around 6 months, it's a fact that there is 3 fast moving variance that we had in the last 2 years etc

rmacd02

Nov 24, 2015
I got no science background and i am not claiming to have it. What i posted is what being reported by experts. It's pretty clear that vaccine protection last for around 6 months, it's a fact that there is 3 fast moving variance that we had in the last 2 years etc
You sure sounded like you thought you were a scientist in the quote akugami replied to.

Iron Woode

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 10, 1999

I am thankful that in my country people like you are a teeny, tiny minority of low information morons. That you actually admit you are a moron is interesting. It's almost as if you are proud of being stupid and selfish.

You aren't convincing anyone that your cause is a just one. It's just more gibberish about things you don't like or understand while spreading covid misinformation.

So, in conclusion, there is an old saying about arguing with a moron. I am sure it applies to you.

Mar 11, 2004

The dumbest part is the anti-vax ones are the ones that believe (and want) collapse of society is eminent, so they can live their off grid fantasies. They want to be shunned by society but they're too goddamned chickenshit to actually follow through and move to the middle of nowhere. Honestly though, I think its because they know they're being selfish dickheads and also that they'd fail so quickly and be begging for help, but they don't want to admit that they rely on others.

Reactions: hal2kilo

nOOky

Platinum Member
Aug 17, 2004
I think we've established that weblooker2021 is not getting the booster, can we not discuss that anymore? :p

Yesterday on a Team's meeting with an employee that used to think covid was the flu, until he was taken down by covid for almost two weeks. "Man, that shit is no joke. I had a fever for 7 days, and the walk in clinic takes 3 hours to tell you to go home because they don't have time for you unless you're near death". Other people in the meeting rolling their eyes. I think pretty much every person that thinks it id harmless needs to get violently ill for two weeks, that may help the general attitude.

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999

Suddenly every anti-vaxxer is an expert virologist and medical researcher and knows exactly how every virus works and how to treat it. Amazing how they will go to a doctor for other illnesses, but these very same doctor do not know as much about viruses and vaccines as the anti-vaxxers.

And they trust deworming drugs dosed for livestock. Like if they believe Ivermectin is the solution, get a Dr to prescribe it. Not take a dose designed for a horse.

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
LOL

Guests invited to a holiday party at the home of the leading anti-vaxxer Robert F Kennedy Jr were urged to be vaccinated or tested for Covid-19 because, Kennedy said, he is “not always the boss at my own house”.

Speaking to Politico, which reported the request before the party in California last week, Kennedy said his wife, the actor Cheryl Hines, was behind it.

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
Covid is not going away, i just don't get why so many people don't understand it. After 2-3 months protection against Covid drops, you will not be able to force majority of the population to keep getting a booster. That is extremely unrealistic, might as well get used to the fact that Covid is endemic. Those that want to keep getting a booster every 6 month or so is welcome and let the rest of us live our life the way we want to.
Because of stupid fucking people. Want to see one, go look in the fucking mirror you stupid fucking twat waffle.

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001

Heartbreaker

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2006
And yet another Republican lawmaker who had called for his Democrat governor to be ousted because of COVID restrictions has died - and it sure looks like it was from COVID.

Washington Senator Doug Eriksen

Is it still Schadenfreude, if it's just absolutely deserved Karma?

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
And yet another Republican lawmaker who had called for his Democrat governor to be ousted because of COVID restrictions has died - and it sure looks like it was from COVID.

Washington Senator Doug Eriksen

cnn.com
Yep, it' all over the local news. I have nothing good to add.
It's the other Washington.

NWRMidnight

Platinum Member
Jun 18, 2001
Being a southerner, know little about Washington state. Would it compare more with Alabama, Florida, or Texas?
It doesn't compare to any of them, as Washington state is blue state with a democratic governor, and majority Democrats in the legislation primarily. The Westside is prominently blue and has the majority of the population. The Eastside holds the minority of the population, and is prominently red, with some democrats mixed in (me for example). The eastside red idiots have fought ever mandate, refused to follow them, and bitched about Inslee. Even when restrictions where being lifted based on a criteria, they couldn't get it thru their thick skulls why Spokane county was being held back as they are to fucking stupid to understand the numbers that where right in front of their faces. (Worst numbers than King county, that has the highest population, and the most dense).

That is why he said the "other Washington state" meaning west vs east.

Last edited:

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Florida Man kicked off an airplane for wearing women’s thong underwear as a face mask.

An appropriate punishment here would be 3 months mandatory wearing of women’s thong over his face any time he leaves home. Same with all the people who walked off the plane in protest.

And not just any women’s thong underwear. Pink granny panties. Or better yet, Trump Jr's tiny Hello Kitty panties.

Thats so fucking funny, if it was me I'd allow it... You sir, have a good day. Shitlol.

• Haha

akugami

Diamond Member
Feb 14, 2005
Best thread is here. https://www.sorryantivaxxer.com/pos...le-wa-state-senator-anti-vaxx-dead-from-covid

Been following his stupid antivax ass since he was medivac'd from El Salvador a month ago.

Climate denying nut job as well. Bye...

What's crazy to me, and this has happened over and over, is the sense of entitlement. I have not been following it but a CNN article says Doug Ericksen sent a request for treatment to be flown to him in El Salvador. Think about that for a moment.

Every damn one of these politicians or those who are wealthy but also a COVID denier has access to the best medical care that the peons like us can't afford. They expect special treatment, but fight against things that are for the common good like free healthcare and free education.

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
Covidiots upset that Whitehouse is telling them what's next because they didn't get vaccinated

"But my kids can't get the vaccine because they're newborns/too young"
A)No shit, and that's exactly why you should.
B)your young children aren't willingly refusing the vaccine

Covidiots are gonna covidiot