Covidiots thread

Page 142 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

DaaQ

Golden Member
Dec 8, 2018
Well it’s certainly one dumb take to think that drugs have literally anything at all to do with these peoples’ behavior.

I never got drug tested when I was a bag boy as a teenager by the way and have never been drug tested for work in my adult life either despite holding a top secret security clearance, and would never advocate for such a gross invasion of bodily privacy and autonomy
Sounds like government employee/contract employee. Why would you be drug tested. I never mentioned grocery workers btw.

But someone who is not working a living wage, and cannot just get up and move who knows how far, because ALOT of companies will not pay for relocation.
But those people SHOULD be drug tested to get food aid?
I ain't never met a drug dealer that accepts food stamps.

I do admit there is abuse of the system, but the system has let these people down to the point of they have no hope.

I guess I have only had hazardous jobs that require drug testing. But that wasn't a thing when working as a meat cutter as a teenager.

NM I guess holding the people that are allowing the corporations to grossly invade our bodily privacy and autonomy shouldn't be held to the same standard they want us held to.

sactoking

Diamond Member
Sep 24, 2007
People are not exactly rational even in the best of times, and anti-vaxers are the least rational of them all. These are the same bunch of people that already did 180 not too long ago, first they chanted "all hail Trump" for cutting down bureaucracy to speed up vaccine development in record time with operation warpspeed, and it only took them a few months after the election to switch to "I'm not taking this vaccine that did not have proper testing because it was developed in record time".

Again, if COVID starts hitting kids I fully expect them to do another 180 to come full circle personal freedoms be damned.
Also like how refusing to get vaccinated is now about an individual's "right to die" even though it also affects others through virus spread but assisted suicide and the REAL right to die is heinous because BIBLE or something.

conehead433

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 2002
Judge is blocking the vaccine mandate for healthcare workers in 10 states. So 10 states want their healthcare workers to infect and kill as many as possible. Given the way things are going it makes perfect sense to me.

esquared

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005

Lanyap

Elite Member
Dec 23, 2000
And here's another vaccine denier.

Marcus Lamb, head of Daystar, a large Christian network that discouraged vaccines, dies after getting covid-19.

"Lamb’s network during the pandemic has made the virus a huge focus, calling it a satanic attack that should not be treated with vaccines. He was 64 years old."

God can't help him now and will probably give him a lot of shit. "Marcus Lamb, I sent you the damn vaccine. Why didn't you take it? You get angel latrine duty forever."

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
Just insane.

An Italian man is facing charges of fraud after turning up for his Covid-19 vaccine wearing a fake arm.

So determined was he to dodge the jab but still obtain a health pass, the anti-vaxxer may have paid hundreds of euros for the silicone arm.

The bizarre episode at a vaccine hub in Biella, a town close to Turin in the northern Piedmont region, came a week after Italy announced measures barring unvaccinated people from a host of social, cultural and sporting activities.

After completing the bureaucratic formalities, including signing a consent form in front of a doctor, the man, aged 50, sat down and lifted up the sleeve of his shirt as he prepared for a health worker to administer the jab.

Initially, the health worker did not notice anything odd, as the silicone looked similar to skin. But after taking a closer look and touching the arm, the medic asked the man to take off his shirt. His plan foiled, the man, who has not been named, then tried to persuade the health worker to turn a blind eye.

Mar 11, 2004
People are not exactly rational even in the best of times, and anti-vaxers are the least rational of them all. These are the same bunch of people that already did 180 not too long ago, first they chanted "all hail Trump" for cutting down bureaucracy to speed up vaccine development in record time with operation warpspeed, and it only took them a few months after the election to switch to "I'm not taking this vaccine that did not have proper testing because it was developed in record time".

Again, if COVID starts hitting kids I fully expect them to do another 180 to come full circle personal freedoms be damned.

I literally never heard any anti-vaxxers do that. You really don't know what the fuck you're talking about dude. They were saying that shit (untested, blah, blah, blah) all along. Seriously, what the fuck? Did you move to a cave during 2020?

No, they won't. You really do not understand this. They will gladly sacrifice their kids so they can blame it on the insane enemies that they've fabricated in their brains. Just like evangelists have been trying to use that argument for fetuses, it will enable them to further justify their insanity.

Reactions: Heartbreaker

repoman0

Diamond Member
Jun 17, 2010
Hey everyone my state is #1 in new infections, GO NH!!!!!

Impressive for a state of a million and a half people!

I live in Mass but went to my dad’s in NH for thanksgiving. Two of the five attendees (both NH residents) turned out to be covid positive and symptomatic within a couple days after I left. I didn’t manage to catch it nor did my fiancée. Both cases just mild colds essentially since everyone is vaxxed.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

Heartbreaker

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2006
Nothing Surprising, just a continuing trend. Latest study showing Trump Voters are more antivax, and are dying in greater numbers:

RepubAntivax.PNG

And the Consequences of that stupidity:

AntiVaxxCounties.PNG

DarthKyrie

Golden Member
Jul 11, 2016
Nothing Surprising, just a continuing trend. Latest study showing Trump Voters are more antivax, and are dying in greater numbers:

View attachment 53841

View attachment 53842

Why are the Demonrats trying to make the Reichwingers look bad?

Lanyap

Elite Member
Dec 23, 2000

View attachment 53841

View attachment 53842

The master plan is working.

Reactions: hal2kilo

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
Posting this here because apparently this spat between two right-wing conservatives started due to a Twitter argument over vaccines.

Seems to me to be another example of how US right-wingers are so out-there, they can't even get on with their UK equivalents. Andrew Neil is a hard-right Thatcherite and always has been, but he's not an anti-vaxxer, and that apparently makes him the enemy for an American conservative.

Of course it says something about Johnson that this is his American former-girlfriend.

[Edit] Johnson is actually half-American, so maybe that explains a lot. He was a dual-citizen till he gave up his US citizenship to reduce his tax-bill. Quite the man of principle, eh?

Last edited:
  • Haha

conehead433

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 2002
Apparently Covid can cause erectile dysfunction. Unfortunately it doesn't lessen sperm count or cause infertility. Republicans will probably seize on this and claim that Covid was a Democratic invention intended to rid the world of Republicans. Time for a Plan B.

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
Talk about covidiot over reaction:

Right wingers, ever the vanguard of "personal responsibility", will of course blame the government for these senseless deaths. "If only the government hadn't been so Draconian with their anti-Covid measures, then this poor man wouldn't have murdered his family!!! Shame on the gov!!!"

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
Talk about covidiot over reaction:

The deadly tag-team... COVID and ignorance. The consequences of either can kill, but when combined the odds go up.