Covidiots thread

Page 129 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Let's not forget that geek voted for Trump, twice. Basically no interest in healing.
Did he? If so, you’re correct. The threat he posed seemed obvious the first time but hey, maybe some people didn’t see it.

By 2020 there was no excuse. Anyone voting for Trump was voting for a criminal psychopath and they knew it. That’s not a person who cares about their fellow countrymen.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
Shithole state Lt. Gov doesn't think enough of her citizens have died yet:

Idaho Lt. Gov. Janice McGeachin grabbed the reins Tuesday by banning COVID-19 vaccination "passports" and mandatory COVID-19 testing in the state while Gov. Brad Little was away on travel. She also sought information on deploying the National Guard to the Texas border.

Gov. Little was, in fact, in Texas on Tuesday, meeting with nine other Republican governors regarding the Biden administration's handling of border issues.

"I am in Texas performing my duties as the duly elected Governor of Idaho, and I have not authorized the Lt. Governor to act on my behalf," Little said in a statement late Tuesday. "I will be rescinding and reversing any actions taken by the Lt. Governor when I return."

This isn't the first time Lt. Gov. McGeachin (also a Republican) has tried to seize power while the governor stepped away from the state. In May, she issued an executive order banning mask mandates while Little attended a conference in Nashville. Little rescinded the order the next day upon his return, saying local officials should have the power to make mask policy decisions.

That didn't stop McGeachin from trying to assert her authority again this Tuesday. "Today, as Acting Governor, I fixed Gov. Little's Executive Order on 'vaccine passports' to make sure that K-12 schools and universities cannot require vaccinations OR require mandatory testing," she declared in a tweet. "I will continue to fight for your individual Liberty!"

Education camps are starting to seem more appropriate. (It's obvious these idiots have never been educated, so they can't be reeducation camps.)

Reactions: DarthKyrie

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Let's not forget that geek voted for Trump, twice. Basically no interest in healing.

With few exceptions partisanship drives everybody to their inevitable choice eventually. Basically everyone who considers themselves "independent" are actually partisan voters.

allisolm

Elite Member
Administrator
Jan 2, 2001
This is under the covidiot/moron subtitle.

This isn't covidiot/moron, it is a full-blown dysfunctional mental illness.

A full blown mental illness fed by disinformation.

All of this. The height of covidiocy. Killing his own brother (and a couple of other extra people for good measure) for administering covid vaccines - apparently because he believed the vaccine was THAT wrong. And things like this (although usually not as serious as murder) are why I get all hot and bothered about covid misinformation.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
It's really unfair that the same science deniers who refuse to believe in science will be the ones that science saves from covid. Science gave us the vaccine, scientific logic tells us we need to wear a mask to prevent spread, and again that same science is now developing a "magic pill" that will help save people from dying with covid.

Science is helping the deniers in all three stages of denial.
1. We had masks.
2. Then we had vaccines.
3. And soon we will have a pill.
So, the deniers can still be saved from covid even when they refuse the first two stages.

So we have the masks, and the vaccines, and very soon an actual pill to fight covid. Frankly.... THEY DON'T DESERVE IT.
Those deniers, those anti vaxxers, those anti mask-ers, those science deniers DO NOT DESERVE to be saved BY SCIENCE. When THEY get sick or test positive for covid because of their own stubbornness and stupidly.... THEY DESERVE TO DIE. They deserve to die and allow the "sane world" to survive into the future.

It truly is a shame that those who take a dump on the science and what science have given to them to fight covid, it is a shame they too will be saved by the very science they take a crap on.
Someone explain THAT....
It's for this reason I was Ugh, why when a team of doctors pulled out all stops to keep DJTwump alive when he came down with Covid-19 and IIRC needed ventilation at one point. They injected him with antibodies too, ASAP. He gets back in the WH and rips off his mask and shows us his smug face, goes on to cajole the electorate that he didn't lose the 2020 election, that it was stolen from him and he can't find the evidence... but the kind of people that cheer and vote for him don't need evidence for anything. That would be too scientific.

uclaLabrat

Diamond Member
Aug 2, 2007
It appears that the Progressives, Liberals, Democrats have no interest either
Definitely need this, but I think most libs are tired of having their olive branch set on fire and thrown back in their face. Going to take a serious trend of good faith effort from the right to get there. McConnell trying to send the country into default for political points isn't it.

Reactions: BD:) and DarthKyrie

Stokely

Golden Member
Jun 5, 2017
Yes, how many times do you offer a hand only to draw back a stump? A rabid dog isn't going to feel sorry for your mangled hand, and next time he'll bite it again. It takes a special kind of stupid to keep offering it up.

You can't have a one-sided war, not if you don't expect the one side to be winning all the time. There's no "coming together" when one side has no interest in doing so.

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
In the last six months, there have only been two individual days when Faux did not undermine covid vaccination.

And yet they’ve got a strict “get vaccinated or get tested daily with more than 90% vaccinated.

Well, that does go along with the right-wing “government is incompetent and corrupt, but businesses and executives are noble benefactors” narrative.

Dave_5k

Golden Member
May 23, 2017
  • Haha
Reactions: pcgeek11 and MtnMan

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Police should investigate sources of the lies that the moron was fed about vaccines, and charge them as accomplices to murder.
If there's one good thing about the pandemic it's that it's a wake up call to realize the importance of having trustworthy sources of information. Virus or not, we need to understand that.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
Crazy ass people comparing parents who have their children wear masks to rape.

Where is the line between protest and flat out harassment? Personally I think the actions of these nut jobs cross it.

Reactions: DarthKyrie and Muse

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Crazy ass people comparing parents who have their children wear masks to rape.

Where is the line between protest and flat out harassment? Personally I think the actions of these nut jobs cross it.
You gotta pity their kids!

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
they be raising their spawn the same way their cohabiting cousins raised them. Hate and ignorance are a family treasure.
Rare the kid who successfully escapes such a challenging upbringing. Gotta think it's possible, we're all born with tremendous potential. Unfortunately, most parents fuck up their kids.