Covidiots thread

Page 128 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
From the batshit crazy "Vaccine Death Report" linked above:

It then goes on… something something something… about newborn transhuman babies with black eyes.

They have to go grow quickly. The plan is to have a bunch of year old children with accelerated growth rush the border and smash the fence down so the rest of the rampaging hordes may invade the US.

But don't tell anyone. Since you're a smart fellow on the internet I'm sure you know to keep the plan quiet.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Not persuaded by a single poll which poses the issue as Trump v. the Republican party. Here is one more recent which shows him as the overwhelming favorite in a hypothetical 2024 primary.

This is the sort of information which led me to wonder why DeSantis would even try.
Latest Pew poll now shows less than half of Republicans want Trump to run in 2024.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Latest Pew poll now shows less than half of Republicans want Trump to run in 2024.

That why the criminal charges against his Org, and other things like trying to commit election fraud in Georgia have to be prosecuted, pronto! Take him out!

nOOky

Platinum Member
Aug 17, 2004
They have to go grow quickly. The plan is to have a bunch of year old children with accelerated growth rush the border and smash the fence down so the rest of the rampaging hordes may invade the US.

But don't tell anyone. Since you're a smart fellow on the internet I'm sure you know to keep the plan quiet.

The Democrats will have them mailing in votes by the time they are 1 1/2. 12 votes per adult mutant.

Sunburn74

Diamond Member
Oct 5, 2009
That's just all kinds of fucked up. This is the kind of shit where the authors need to be identified and held accountable if sane or given appropriate treatment if they are not sane.

Its just so funny to me because these vaccines were developed with the backing of the trump administration. He was touting them, funding them, making claims about how quickly they would be out and how they would fix everything, etc etc. If they were finished before the election he probably would have won because of them and republicans would be pushing them hard. But he lost the election and now the vaccine is something from the devil because a democrat is recommending them.

People are so ridiculously polarized that they have stopped critically thinking as long as it allows them to keep their mental safe space going. It absolutely mindboggling. Trump was probably right about the shooting someone in times square bit and we're lucky someone smarter or more malicious than trump isn't trying to take advantage how utterly gullible 50% of the country is.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Its just so funny to me because these vaccines were developed with the backing of the trump administration. He was touting them, funding them, making claims about how quickly they would be out and how they would fix everything, etc etc. If they were finished before the election he probably would have won because of them and republicans would be pushing them hard. But he lost the election and now the vaccine is something from the devil because a democrat is recommending them.

People are so ridiculously polarized that they have stopped critically thinking as long as it allows them to keep their mental safe space going. It absolutely mindboggling. Trump was probably right about the shooting someone in times square bit and we're lucky someone smarter or more malicious than trump isn't trying to take advantage how utterly gullible 50% of the country is.
I'm not sure if you saw this piece but it is not satire, he is serious. The latest right wing attempt to get Republicans to take the vaccine is to claim that Democrats are trying to mind-judo them into not taking it and dying. How are Democrats doing this? By promoting vaccination.

fleshconsumed

Diamond Member
Feb 21, 2002

Eh... I've talked to a few of my Republican leaning friends all the way back in 2015. They weren't exactly thrilled about Trump, but they hopped onto the train nonetheless. If Trump were to become the nominee in 2024 I suspect Republican voters will circle the wagons once again as they always do.

akugami

Diamond Member
Feb 14, 2005
I only have a small anecdote (which we all know is not representative of the population as a whole). But, all the elderly >65 people that I interact with personally are helping raise kids who are not vaccinated. The reasons differ, but it is from lack of daycare, school Covid transmission, etc. So, at least in my small subset, they should not yet return to life as normal. While they themselves might be fine with a breakthrough case, and the kids are likely to be fine with Covid, it just continues the massive spread of the disease through the world.

In my opinion, stopping the disease is more important than whether or not elderly people's risk is higher or lower than the flu.

As soon as the kids are vaccinated (quite soon) then I'll agree with you. Until then, I have to disagree. It is just a bit too soon.

Agreed.

I've previously posted that I don't get the annual flu vaccine. Haven't in over 30 years. But I got the COVID vaccine. I'm still masked up, as does my wife, because we have young children who are not vaccinated. Now, the chances of them dying from COVID are rare, as children seem to resist it better, but it's non-zero. I'm not risking the life of my child by taking some simple precautions.

But taking precautions does not mean holing up. One thing we've enjoyed as a family are walks in parks. Our country is large and beautiful. Taking a walk in some of our national parks is a wonderful thing. Walking some park trails while maintaining some distance has allowed us to enjoy nature, get some exercise, and bond as a family.

akugami

Diamond Member
Feb 14, 2005
So, I was watching ABC network news last night and they showed protesters on the street holding signs saying stuff like "My body my choice." I got furious and started shouting at my TV.

These nut-jobs rob the pro-choice on abortion people of their slogan and try to apply it to a world wide pandemic that's kicking our ass. HOW FUCKING STUPID CAN THEY BE? Don't they know that there already are vaccine mandates for many diseases, have been for a bloody century? They want the right to fuck things up for all of us by stuffing our hospitals with their dumb asses and making us all continue to have to marshal our resources via social distancing, mask wearing, getting the unstupid people vaccinated, paying for testing, subsidizing the housing challenged, the list is endless. Why don't they just all follow the lemmings over the cliff??? :rolleyes: :oops::eek:o_O

It's insane how the pro-choice crowd overlaps with the anti-vaxxer crowd.

Little 14 year old girl got raped? Too fucking bad. Just because it's your body, you 're not allowed to murder a baby!

Oh my god, you people are not allowed to tell me what to do! It's my body and I will not wear masks or get the vaccine! You are oppressing me!

A follow-up to my post above about the NYC school teacher. She says she hopes the SCOTUS would agree to block the NYC school employee mandate over this weekend so she could keep her job. Well sorry. Looks like no one on SCOTUS is interested in blocking COVID vaccine mandates, because duh, we've been mandating vaccines since the 19th century and it's already been ruled Constitutional.

Oh well, maybe she can find a job teaching in one of those flyover states.

I heard someone argue that George Washington would have been against vaccine mandates. I felt obligated to point out that our Dear First President had a vaccine mandate. They said something along the lines of it being fake news.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
I heard someone argue that George Washington would have been against vaccine mandates. I felt obligated to point out that our Dear First President had a vaccine mandate. They said something along the lines of it being fake news.

Uh, did you read my sig line before posting this... Or maybe that's why you replied in the first place.

Full context:

"That this is truly the case, I firmly believe, and my own People (not less I suppose than between two and three hundred), getting happily through it by following these directions, is no Inconsiderable proof of it. Surely that Impolitic Act, restraining Inoculation in Virginia, can never be continued. If I was a Member of that Assembly, I would rather move for a Law to compel the Masters of Families to inoculate every child born within a certain limited time under Severe Penalties. "

George Washington, On the Treatment of Smallpox To John Augustine Washington MIDDLEBROOK, June, 1777

Seems like these fools know about as much about the founding fathers as they do about the Constitution.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Muse and DarthKyrie

akugami

Diamond Member
Feb 14, 2005
Uh, did you read my sig line before posting this... Or maybe that's why you replied in the first place.

Full context:

"That this is truly the case, I firmly believe, and my own People (not less I suppose than between two and three hundred), getting happily through it by following these directions, is no Inconsiderable proof of it. Surely that Impolitic Act, restraining Inoculation in Virginia, can never be continued. If I was a Member of that Assembly, I would rather move for a Law to compel the Masters of Families to inoculate every child born within a certain limited time under Severe Penalties. "

George Washington, On the Treatment of Smallpox To John Augustine Washington MIDDLEBROOK, June, 1777

Seems like these fools know about as much about the founding fathers as they do about the Constitution.

Was agreeing with you. And highlighting how stupid some of these anti-vaxxers are about what is a fact and what is not. Especially when a lot of is easily re-searchable on the Internet.

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
It's really unfair that the same science deniers who refuse to believe in science will be the ones that science saves from covid. Science gave us the vaccine, scientific logic tells us we need to wear a mask to prevent spread, and again that same science is now developing a "magic pill" that will help save people from dying with covid.

Science is helping the deniers in all three stages of denial.
1. We had masks.
2. Then we had vaccines.
3. And soon we will have a pill.
So, the deniers can still be saved from covid even when they refuse the first two stages.

So we have the masks, and the vaccines, and very soon an actual pill to fight covid. Frankly.... THEY DON'T DESERVE IT.
Those deniers, those anti vaxxers, those anti mask-ers, those science deniers DO NOT DESERVE to be saved BY SCIENCE. When THEY get sick or test positive for covid because of their own stubbornness and stupidly.... THEY DESERVE TO DIE. They deserve to die and allow the "sane world" to survive into the future.

It truly is a shame that those who take a dump on the science and what science have given to them to fight covid, it is a shame they too will be saved by the very science they take a crap on.
Someone explain THAT....

Last edited:

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
Eh... I've talked to a few of my Republican leaning friends all the way back in 2015. They weren't exactly thrilled about Trump, but they hopped onto the train nonetheless. If Trump were to become the nominee in 2024 I suspect Republican voters will circle the wagons once again as they always do.

Well I know quite a few that wouldn't. Me for one. Just too much baggage and we desperately need to heal.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Yeah but more people voted for Donald in 2020. Clearly there is something much more sinister going on.

DarthKyrie

Golden Member
Jul 11, 2016
It's really unfair that the same science deniers who refuse to believe in science will be the ones that science saves from covid. Science gave us the vaccine, scientific logic tells us we need to wear a mask to prevent spread, and again that same science is now developing a "magic pill" that will help save people from dying with covid.

Science is helping the deniers in all three stages of denial.
1. We had masks.
2. Then we had vaccines.
3. And soon we will have a pill.
So, the deniers can still be saved from covid even when they refuse the first two stages.

So we have the masks, and the vaccines, and very soon an actual pill to fight covid. Frankly.... THEY DON'T DESERVE IT.
Those deniers, those anti vaxxers, those anti mask-ers, those science deniers DO NOT DESERVE to be saved BY SCIENCE. When THEY get sick or test positive for covid because of their own stubbornness and stupidly.... THEY DESERVE TO DIE. They deserve to die and allow the "sane world" to survive into the future.

It truly is a shame that those who take a dump on the science and what science have given to them to fight covid, it is a shame they too will be saved by the very science they take a crap on.
Someone explain THAT....

I know I can't even begin to wrap my head around the logic that these "people" use to get through life. Every single fucking day they use things that were made using a process that they don't believe in, to bitch about the very thing that they don't believe in. The part that truly boggles the mind is that suddenly with this 1 specific vaccine they are now worried about what they put in their body when they can't even pronounce half of the ingredients that go into almost all of our foods that they freely stuff down their fat gullets.

I keep being reminded every day why I continue to believe that society turned me into the cold and heartless sociopath that I have become.

Heartbreaker

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2006
Geez, Republican within a state, are vying to see which is the biggest Covidiot:

Idaho Lt. Gov. Janice McGeachin grabbed the reins Tuesday by banning COVID-19 vaccination "passports" and mandatory COVID-19 testing in the state while Gov. Brad Little was away on travel. She also sought information on deploying the National Guard to the Texas border.

McGeachin plans to run for Governor. It seems like there is one key to the GQP base. Prove you are more batshit crazy than your opponents. That is the litmus test for a True Republican now.