Covidiots thread

Page 49 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Paratus

Lifer
Jun 4, 2004
Texas Rangers Baseball Sold out Stadium Yee Haw!

c38391fd-9fa9-4409-b743-3cef8dc848ae.jpeg

Can’t see anything bad happening from this!

• Haha
Reactions: DarthKyrie
Feb 4, 2009
Texas Rangers Baseball Sold out Stadium Yee Haw!

c38391fd-9fa9-4409-b743-3cef8dc848ae.jpeg

Can’t see anything bad happening from this!

By all measurable values TX seems to be holding out well. While I agree lifting mask mandates and such seems slightly early especially since we are so close to having the majority vaccinated.
This could be a thing where everyone is more aware and careful and that cuts down on the infection rate.
There definitely is something to study about FL & TX.

feralkid

Lifer
Jan 28, 2002
First class weasel.

Reporter is also kind of a dipshit: "Ironically, Sills was sitting at the front desk when we walked in."

Where's the irony in a man sitting at a desk at his own office?

Feb 4, 2009
Sigh......

Facebook announcement from my City saying anyone who is unable to leave home to be vaccinated click here to schedule a home appointment.
Vaccine will be Johnson & Johnson schedule now.

Bunch of idiots saying really dumb things like
I’m really busy working at home can you come by (this may be sarcasm but I am not sure)
Why the crappy J&J vaccine I want Pfizer....
Why does the city not care about the disabled and give them the crappy vaccine
If you are home bound why do you need a vaccine?
And my personal favorite:
How much does this cost we should cut taxes.

So much wrong to unpack here so I’ll stick with the basics.

J&J vaccine because it is a one shot and done, no need to schedule follow up. Also it is far easier to transport
No moron being home bound does not include being too busy to bother leaving the house
Yes this costs the city money, want to end this fucking pandemic? If so money needs to be spent
No dumb-dumb J&J is not the crappy vaccine and it is likely the better choice for someone who is unable to leave home

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Well finally went to an indoor gun range that I'd planned on getting a membership at pre-covid after moving down to Texas. Nary a mask in sight except for me. Yee haw, gentlemen.

On the plus side I didn't shoot horrifically for not firing a round in a few years at a pistol range.

Last edited:

desy

Diamond Member
Jan 13, 2000
I'd happily take the J&J vaccine if it was available here. Any needle is a good needle and I think I'd prefer the one and done

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
Fucking Florida:

Covid and Cruise ships have worked so well already.

"We don't believe the federal government has the right to mothball a major industry for over a year based on very little evidence and very little data. And I think we have a good chance for success," Republican Gov. Ron DeSantis said during a news conference at the Port of Miami.

Ron DeSantis wouldn't know evidence if it hit him.

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
Fucking Florida:

Covid and Cruise ships have worked so well already.

"We don't believe the federal government has the right to mothball a major industry for over a year based on very little evidence and very little data. And I think we have a good chance for success," Republican Gov. Ron DeSantis said during a news conference at the Port of Miami.

Ron DeSantis wouldn't know evidence if it hit him.
the great thing is that most of the large cruise lines when they return will only be accepting passengers that are vaccinated (so far just Carnival and HAL haven't signed on of the majors), i wonder how that is going to play out in light of this

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
Lately, my Trumpie anti mask anti vaccine relatives have added to their BS from a different angle, posting crap on their FB that the covid vaccines are killing people. This, I guess, justifies for they're not taking the vaccine, none of those offered. But we all know by now that you can't argue with these people, they have fallen off the cliff of reality. Frankly, for them I'm not even sure if this is still a Trump thing, or some type of insanity that goes far beyond Donald Trump? I'm beginning to believe they were already insane, hid it well, no one knew, and Donald trump had little to do with it.

Untitled.jpg

Lanyap

Elite Member
Dec 23, 2000
And once again, we're the problem. It'd be interesting to know where exactly the trash is coming from. Are people just discarding it on the street?

FWIW, I use re-usable face masks as much as possible, and only use a latex glove at the gas pump. Don't lick you hands, rub your eyes, use hand sanitizer / wash your hands...and the transmission risk from touch is greatly reduced.

Snipping the loops of disposable masks is a good idea, and I haven't been doing that, but will now!

My daughter taught me a long time ago to cut up six pack plastic rings before throwing them away because birds at the landfill get caught up in them and die when they are left intact.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
My daughter taught me a long time ago to cut up six pack plastic rings before throwing them away because birds at the landfill get caught up in them and die when they are left intact.

yea man, I've been doing that for a long time. the mask loops just didn't occur to me, but it's new territory so gotta learn!

Reactions: cytg111

Lanyap

Elite Member
Dec 23, 2000
Lately, my Trumpie anti mask anti vaccine relatives have added to their BS from a different angle, posting crap on their FB that the covid vaccines are killing people. This, I guess, justifies for they're not taking the vaccine, none of those offered. But we all know by now that you can't argue with these people, they have fallen off the cliff of reality. Frankly, for them I'm not even sure if this is still a Trump thing, or some type of insanity that goes far beyond Donald Trump? I'm beginning to believe they were already insane, hid it well, no one knew, and Donald trump had little to do with it.

View attachment 42830

You just need to man up and find the biggest, baddest, mofo relative (male or female) and just slap the shit out of them and yell WTF is the matter with you? Did God give you any brains? Now go get your vaccine and STFU.

Just my opinion.

esquared

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000
You just need to man up and find the biggest, baddest, mofo relative (male or female) and just slap the shit out of them and yell WTF is the matter with you? Did God give you any brains? Now go get your vaccine and STFU.

Just my opinion.
Not to mention that the newsbreak website he referenced is shit.
This is why misinformation on COVID-19 continues.
I read some of the comments on that article and the collective IQ of the lot of them is a turnip.
One said more people died from COVID-19 vaccines than from COVID-19 itself.

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
And once again, we're the problem. It'd be interesting to know where exactly the trash is coming from. Are people just discarding it on the street?

FWIW, I use re-usable face masks as much as possible, and only use a latex glove at the gas pump. Don't lick you hands, rub your eyes, use hand sanitizer / wash your hands...and the transmission risk from touch is greatly reduced.

Snipping the loops of disposable masks is a good idea, and I haven't been doing that, but will now!
The surface contamination didn't really turn out to be the transmission vector it was first thought to be. People were submerging food in a bleach solution when they first brought them into the house, simply because it was an unknown.

Especially do not use hand sanitizer and rub your eyes.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
You know, if we started seeing a wave of political assassinations targeted against those like DeSantis, who kicked so many Americans into a grave, I'm not so sure I'd care all that much.

Not saying I'd condone it, but I'd understand it. The GQP has the blood of hundreds of thousands on their hands, and they don't seem interested in changing direction. At some point their alt reality is going come crashing down, shattered by someone destroyed by grief and without a whole lot left to lose.

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
You know, if we started seeing a wave of political assassinations targeted against those like DeSantis, who kicked so many Americans into a grave, I'm not so sure I'd care all that much.

Not saying I'd condone it, but I'd understand it. The GQP has the blood of hundreds of thousands on their hands, and they don't seem interested in changing direction. At some point their alt reality is going come crashing down, shattered by someone destroyed by grief and without a whole lot left to lose.
That would only turn them into Martyrs.

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012

More like the "million idiot march". they didn’t get a Million. Apparently they got “hundreds of idiots”

Couple of gems:

“No masks,” said protestor Sandra Chase. “They don’t work and everyone knows that they don’t work. Their time has come and gone and they’re just trying to lock people down. It’s all political.”

“I don’t think anyone should be told they need to wear masks because no, that cuts off your oxygen supply and really affects your health,” said Marni, a protestor.

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
Reactions: Sunburn74