Covidiots thread

Page 45 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
What on earth was this about?

Probably belongs in a covmaniacs thread.

Edit - of course the guy was a conspiracy-nut

Last edited:

esquared

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000
It's maybe 50 people in a metropolis of 10M. I wouldn't get too worked up about it.
I posted it bcause I was more amused by this:
"I don't wear underwear over my face! I'll pull off my underwear right now and put them over my face."

Last edited:

feralkid

Lifer
Jan 28, 2002
I posted it bcause I was more amused by this:
"I don't wear underwear over my face! I'll pull off my underwear right now and put them over my face."

Wow, what does that even mean? "I don't wear undies on my face; you wanna see me do it?"

No thanks, lady.

mikeymikec

Lifer
May 19, 2011
It's maybe 50 people in a metropolis of 10M. I wouldn't get too worked up about it.

Look at the infection rates, it really isn't just 50/10M. The figures don't get that high without plenty of fucking idiots walking around.

I bet the neighbouring employees to that market aren't at all surprised.

The ones I feel really sorry for are those trying to make money for rent, trying to take all the precautions they can and probably without particularly supportive management either. Once the infection rates get sufficiently high, I doubt it makes much difference how cautious those employees are.

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008

It is, and I'm very much of the view that Boris's government has completely screwed this up (thanks partly to the prevailing ideology that is obsessed with outsourcing everything to private companies so that your pals can make a profit off of it, and partly to the constant push from the owners of capital to re-open everything to keep the profits flowing in). So I could believe that it's a real thing. I don't think 'population density' is nearly sufficient to explain it.

But at the same time, as one of the twitter thread comments says, I'd want to see how it relates to the level of testing. Looking it up, tests per-capita in Ireland is currently running at about half the figure for the UK.

Tests per million for UK 806,479
for Ireland 483,672

I wouldn't want to risk jumping to conclusions about numbers that are actually down to more testing, which would effectively be encouraging Trump's attitude of "don't test becuase it might make us look bad"

Reactions: KMFJD

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
FhMJpCE.png

compcons

Platinum Member
Oct 22, 2004
Oh noes, he's unable to help them... so sad for them... because selling window blinds for $7000 is something only he can do, no competition in that space, amirite?
I am definitely looking forward to the post where they are complaining that they have not had any income in 16 weeks and their estimated income for the year is at 50% and they will have to go on food stamps.

esquared

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000
well, who didn't see this coming...
you'd think he'd be smarter than this, but then he's apparently an antivacer
There's a lot of anti vaxxers out there but not many flat earthers. This guy is way out there.

I can never read the daily beast, as its blocked for me. Here's a Yahoo link.

Reactions: feralkid

dawp

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
There's a lot of anti vaxxers out there but not many flat earthers. This guy is way out there.

I can never read the daily beast, as its blocked for me. Here's a Yahoo link.

According to divorce records reviewed by Milwaukee ABC News affiliate WISN, Brandenburg’s wife Gretchen told a judge that her husband was storing bulk food and guns in multiple rental units, fearing that the government was planning attacks on the electrical grid and the nation’s computer networks. She said she was so scared for her safety, and that of her children’s, that she left town.
looks like he really went off the deep end.

• Wow
Reactions: DarthKyrie

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
well, who didn't see this coming...
you'd think he'd be smarter than this, but then he's apparently an antivacer

Oh come on, the sky is a "shield put up by the Government to prevent individuals from seeing God"? What do you have to believe in the US to fall far enough outside the 'mainstream' to get a clinical diagnosis?

(That you were sent back from the future to save someone from an unstoppable killer cyborg? Maybe that would do it?)

Edit - though I guess it's already been established that a belief in the existence of secret Jewish-controlled space laser weapons isn't sufficient, so maybe even a belief you were on a mission to stop a cyborg-assasin-from-the-future wouldn't get you a diagnosis...

Last edited:

Viper1j

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2018
What on earth was this about?

Probably belongs in a covmaniacs thread.

Edit - of course the guy was a conspiracy-nut

In a perfect world, his punishment would be to be injected with the Covid 19 virus, in its purest form.

And being left to die a slow, painful, death.

• Love

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
I always feel badly for conspiracy theory flip outs. I hope he can be helped.
Pharmacy is a science based profession. Pharmacy students need a solid grounding in chemistry and physics and may need to complete coursework in microbiology, sociology and microeconomics. Mathematics is essential to science courses, so two semesters of college mathematics are also often required for acceptance into a pharmacy program.

How the fuck does someone that achieves certification in this profession so totally loose their connection to reality and the science they mastered?