Covidiots thread

Page 40 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Stopsignhank

Platinum Member
Mar 1, 2014
Wow they are bad at math with that map. Zero cases per 100k people? Google says otherwise.
8F78B1D7-22A2-4AEC-A5C1-D88EA421C689.jpg
2220EDD4-C7E9-4604-9C23-63CEE3397BEB.jpg

105 Floridians died yesterday. Not some to brag about there stinky.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Another one that belongs on a few thousand billboards.

YeiQi9I.jpg

I really hope this anti-mask bullshit starts to fade 1/21. Hopefully just like a lame duck Russian asset fleeing to Florida, bereft of office and twitter account. It will be nice to have some adults at the wheel, even though it will be quite a slog. Fighting covid19 while Moscow Mitch and The Party of No obstruct you at every turn, won't be easy. C'mon Georgia! You can save the country a lot of dying and yourselves a lot of shame by doing the right thing.

Last edited:

Motostu

Oct 5, 2020
i don't even know how they got started with this map

also, rick scott stole billions of dollars from medicare and is a sitting US senator.
Wow. They obviously had a story they wanted to tell, and screwed around with the numbers to come up with a picture that doesn't look so bad if you don't question it...like a majority of their viewers.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Also look at the scales on the map. All the numbers have decimals. I don't think anyone preparing such a map for nationally publicized media would include decimals

Haha, what in the fvck is that map. Fake news, that's what

uallas5

Golden Member
Jun 3, 2005
i don't even know how they got started with this map

also, rick scott stole billions of dollars from medicare and is a sitting US senator.

I'd love to know where they came up with those numbers. This is a graph for Florida and I've highlighted the time period in question.

1607475915597.png

Nov 29th - 320,105
Dec 6th - 366,222

So they had an increase in cases of 46,107 over a 7 day period. I'm no math genius, but last time I checked 46107 ≠ 0.

rmacd02

Nov 24, 2015
The President is going to get top care under any scenario because he is the President. If however it came out that someone pulled strings for Giuliani or Don Jr. to get treatment ahead of another patient, that would be hypocritical BS.
I completely agree with your first sentence, however, for all these guys downplaying Covid-19 as if it's a hoax, and nothing worse than the flu or common cold, it seems a bit hypocritical to then run to the hospital as if they have ebola.

Sorry for the run on sentence.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009

pauldun170

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2011
Another one that belongs on a few thousand billboards.

YeiQi9I.jpg

I really hope this anti-mask bullshit starts to fade 1/21. Hopefully just like a lame duck Russian asset fleeing to Florida, bereft of office and twitter account. It will be nice to have some adults at the wheel, even though it will be quite a slog. Fighting covid19 while Moscow Mitch and The Party of No obstruct you at every turn, won't be easy. C'mon Georgia! You can save the country a lot of dying and yourselves a lot of shame by doing the right thing.

Looks like have to update that
We hit 3124 yesterday
I don't think it's a stretch to say that we will top 3600 in a day.

Reactions: MtnMan

esquared

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000
Yeah, this will work. Another fucking moron.

A megachurch pastor in Florida told his parishioners not to take a COVID-19 vaccine and instead believe in 'divine immunity'

maldonado said:
"Do not [take] the vaccine. Believe in the blood of Jesus. Believe in divine immunity," he said to parishioners at an in-person service.
He also made false statements about the vaccine being used to track people, and claimed the vaccine would "alter your DNA"

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015

A megachurch pastor in Florida told his parishioners not to take a COVID-19 vaccine and instead believe in 'divine immunity'

maldonado said:
"Do not [take] the vaccine. Believe in the blood of Jesus. Believe in divine immunity," he said to parishioners at an in-person service.
He also made false statements about the vaccine being used to track people, and claimed the vaccine would "alter your DNA"
Let Republicans bask in their herd mentality.

At this point, it's pretty clear that if you want to avoid COVID, keep your distance from any Republicans you know.

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005

maldonado said:
not a cult, sure.....

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004

maldonado said:

/Facepalm. Imagine if facts overcame fiction, just for a bit

Last edited:

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008

maldonado said:

I know I'm taking it far too seriously, but I'm academically curious, from a Sci-Fi sort-of-perspective about the idea.

The idea of it 'altering your DNA' seems to me to be marginally less preposterous than it being 'used to track people'. Maybe I've just played too much Resident Evil (as opposed to our President Weevil), but in theory it seems to me there could exist such a thing - a mutagen in injectible form. I can't imagine, even as an SF concept, how on earth a vaccine could be used to 'track people'. RFID isn't microscopic enough to be part of a liquid, and in any case only works if you are right next to the tag to trigger it.

What exactly is the fantasy tech they have in mind when they worry about vaccines 'being used to track people' (which seems to be a common conspiracy meme)? How on earth could you make transponders that tiny with any kind of range?

Is the theory that they have secretly developed self-replicating intelligent nano-bots? That would be _amazing_. We could do all kinds of weird shit with such a tech, why limit it to just 'tracking people'?

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
I know I'm taking it far too seriously, but I'm academically curious, from a Sci-Fi sort-of-perspective about the idea.

The idea of it 'altering your DNA' seems to me to be marginally less preposterous than it being 'used to track people'. Maybe I've just played too much Resident Evil (as opposed to our President Weevil), but in theory it seems to me there could exist such a thing - a mutagen in injectible form. I can't imagine, even as an SF concept, how on earth a vaccine could be used to 'track people'. RFID isn't microscopic enough to be part of a liquid, and in any case only works if you are right next to the tag to trigger it.

What exactly is the fantasy tech they have in mind when they worry about vaccines 'being used to track people' (which seems to be a common conspiracy meme)? How on earth could you make transponders that tiny with any kind of range?

Is the theory that they have secretly developed self-replicating intelligent nano-bots? That would be _amazing_. We could do all kinds of weird shit with such a tech, why limit it to just 'tracking people'?

It's pretty fun but the rabbit hole is essentially endless.

Dave_5k

Golden Member
May 23, 2017
Well, work is ongoing on a passive RFID tag shrink down to ~22 microns, which I believe would be small enough to be suspended in liquid for an injection. But that is still under research, not commercially available. At best get you might get ~10 foot detection range. Although with multiple such chips in an array, passive RFID might be detectable out to 50 feet or so.

Reactions: pmv