Covidiots thread

Page 27 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
Well thanks to DeSantis, officially reopening Florida. Removing all restrictions. Everything allowed to reopen at full capacity. Overriding any local mask requirements.

Is it Trumpity Dumpity's plan to kill most residents off and buy land for cheap?

Reactions: DarthKyrie

Roger Wilco

Diamond Member
Mar 20, 2017
how exactly does he qualify as a Covidiot?

i don't recall Northam being an anti-masker or promoting anti-science BS.

this thread isn't for everyone who catches Covid, it is for those who catch it because their idiotic behavior and denial of reality.

He doesn't. I apologize for my lazy post, as I was merely saying that yet another governor has tested positive. The tens of millions of covidiots intentionally disregarding basic safety practices every day in this country are likely what led to his infection.

Grey_Beard

Golden Member
Sep 23, 2014
Well thanks to DeSantis, officially reopening Florida. Removing all restrictions. Everything allowed to reopen at full capacity. Overriding any local mask requirements.

Is it Trumpity Dumpity's plan to kill most residents off and buy land for cheap?

It seems that their re-election strategy is to infect supporters at rallies and to kill most people in the states they need to win the most. It is impossible for tRump to win re-election without Florida.

Roger Wilco

Diamond Member
Mar 20, 2017
So using your standard of being infected with COVID places him and over 7 million other Americans in the dumb category?

No. I believe many people in the "smart" category have been infected by the actions of people in the "dumb" category.

I believe I answered this in my followup post, but please let me know if I am missing something.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
how exactly does he qualify as a Covidiot?

i don't recall Northam being an anti-masker or promoting anti-science BS.

this thread isn't for everyone who catches Covid, it is for those who catch it because their idiotic behavior and denial of reality.

Masks aren't 100%. It's not like wearing a spacesuit.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
I don't know where else to put this but yesterday Wisconsin Gov Evers' mandate was put to suit:
https://urbanmilwaukee.com/2020/09/...yh_LtSKpPyJ0eW_CVAu0c0rpzgNPRvZMVTBpgw5r4H644

And today I read this headline:
Wisconsin Health Services Secretary Andrea Palm says it's possible that Wisconsin field hospitals may be needed.
"We are closer to getting to (needing it) than we ever have been," she says.

And there's also this asshole:
WASHINGTON COUNTY — A Washington County football coach was fired after officials say he attended a scrimmage game knowing that he may have been positive for COVID-19. Test results showed that he was positive and the football club has since fired the coach.

Washington County Executive Josh Schoemann said that the coach had been feeling ill with symptoms of COVID-19 and went to his doctor’s office for a test last Thursday.

It’s unclear if he knew he was positive when attending the Kewaskum-Hartford game Saturday, but the County Executive says he knew he had symptoms and should have stayed home.

It was during the game that county contact tracers from the health department called the coach.

I really want out of this state. But there's not many places that are better. Our country is screwed from top to bottom.

Reactions: Pohemi

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
/s just in case anyone actually thinks I'm serious.
I actually know a guy that would very possibly say something like. There is really no surprises what comes from the minds of trumps cult members, for the same reason that legitimate news media headlines often sound like "The Onion" or a New Yorker satire column.

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
Hope Hicks just texted positive for COVID-19.

The real issue is that Hicks tested positive on Wednesday, and was sick. This was NOT released by the WH, but leaked to the press by someone in the WH. They wanted to keep this from the public, but can't now that it is out.

DarthKyrie

Golden Member
Jul 11, 2016
But what do Trumpards do now? Still act like it’s a hoax? Or will they act responsibly now and wear masks and socially distance?

They will say it's fake news even thou the God-Emporer himself has confirmed it.

mikeymikec

Lifer
May 19, 2011
But what do Trumpards do now? Still act like it’s a hoax? Or will they act responsibly now and wear masks and socially distance?

My guesses:

"Biden gave it to him at that debate"
"That's why he was a bit off his game at that debate and said things he didn't mean"

• Haha

Grey_Beard

Golden Member
Sep 23, 2014
My guesses:

"Biden gave it to him at that debate"
"That's why he was a bit off his game at that debate and said things he didn't mean"

I think it will be:
“The deep state did it.”
“He will be fine, just as the other 99%.”
“Biden was so afraid of debating him, he sent someone to infect him.”

CZroe

Lifer
Jun 24, 2001
Earlier at work I saw a guy cough into his hand, then sneeze into both hands, then IMMEDIATELY put his hand on the handrail as he boarded and rode the escalator. Ugh.

I know fomites aren't the main mode of transmission but, I mean, there's a pandemic going on and that shouldn't fly even during normal conditions. Everyone should know better by now.

Edit: ...and no mask, of course.

Last edited:

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
This is from a few weeks ago, but today's story is a current development.

80 year old man in bar approaches younger man and calls him out for not wearing a mask and rude behavior. Younger man pushes him and he falls to the ground. Dies from his injuries days later.

Younger man now charged with criminally negligent homicide.