Covidiots thread

Page 29 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Reactions: hal2kilo

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
Well here it comes..... Those Covidiots who now cry I'M SORRY, I'M SORRY, I WAS WRONG, I GOT COVID, I SHOULD HAVE LISTENED AND WORE A MASK. BOO HOO HOO ON ME.
Frankly, I don't want to hear it. These Covidiots like Chris Christie, and like many republican senators, and like most Whitehouse administration staff who dismissed mask wearing by reasoning I'M TESTED ALL THE TIME, I SOCIAL DISTANCE WHEN I CAN, I JUST WORE A MASK... OH LET ME SEE.... MAYBE THREE WEEKS AGO? And then, they get hit with the Covid. And NOW, after the fact, they are sorry? They want to warn others? They want forgiveness? I say GET LOST LOSERS and DROP DEAD YOU LOSER. You thought you knew it all and knew more than the medical experts knew and then the BIG SURPRISE... YOU WERE WRONG. So, as more and more of these Covid deniers, now recovering FROM the Covid, as more of them come out of the woodwork JUST IGNORE THEM. They were idiots before the fact, and they will continue to be idiots after the fact. Covidiots to be exact.

killster1

Banned
Mar 15, 2007
how about i go to the beach every week with my kids, we just got back from san Diego SeaWorld. was a great time, a lot of people wore the masks under their noses and the employees really didnt enforce it at all. i wore my n95 and kids had on k94 masks. But at the beach we dont wear masks and stay 20' away from others. Wonder when ill get the covid, im excited since ill get to take off 2 weeks paid from work :p Sure looks like kids are not in great danger like all you seem to be spouting.

1603651246064.png

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
I went to the beach in July and we wore no masks and it was fine. We wore masks inside stores and while being seated for outdoor dining, and then took them off. Everybody was doing the same thing and it was entirely reasonable.

killster1

Banned
Mar 15, 2007
I went to the beach in July and we wore no masks and it was fine. We wore masks inside stores and while being seated for outdoor dining, and then took them off. Everybody was doing the same thing and it was entirely reasonable.
that is where i disagree, i think people that go to restaurants are total morons, its not spaced out like the beach its just asking for issues, i was angry with my parents for doing the same thing and then the next day they said they got the flu. YUP GO FIGURE

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
that is where i disagree, i think people that go to restaurants are total morons, its not spaced out like the beach its just asking for issues, i was angry with my parents for doing the same thing and then the next day they said they got the flu. YUP GO FIGURE
This was in NJ where we took the virus seriously after we got walloped. Tables were spaced apart very well. Outdoor transmission is difficult if you aren't in close proximity to someone. We had no spikes from this type of behaviour at all in the summer. The data shows it was done responsibly

Paratus

Lifer
Jun 4, 2004
Saw a yahoo at the local grocery store today who wasn’t wearing a mask. This isn’t surprising, I’ve seen plenty of folks not wearing them elsewhere or wearing them pulled under their nose etc, although most of the people at the grocery store wear them.

However this particular elderly gentleman had on a custom Trump 2020 hat, a large gold cross suitable for Mr T. and wearing a printed piece of paper that said the CDC had admitted 85% of COVID sufferers had worn masks.

Also he was holding a dust bin.

Mar 11, 2004
Saw a yahoo at the local grocery store today who wasn’t wearing a mask. This isn’t surprising, I’ve seen plenty of folks not wearing them elsewhere or wearing them pulled under their nose etc, although most of the people at the grocery store wear them.

However this particular elderly gentleman had on a custom Trump 2020 hat, a large gold cross suitable for Mr T. and wearing a printed piece of paper that said the CDC had admitted 85% of COVID sufferers had worn masks.

Also he was holding a dust bin.

I think what stores should do is when someone comes in not wearing a mask, have everyone stop and start clapping and singing the happy birthday song at them. It'll almost certainly get them to leave. And then the next day they come back do it again if they're not wearing a mask. And if they ask why they can go "well clearly it must be your birthday if you think you can walk around not wearing a mask in here".

killster1

Banned
Mar 15, 2007
I think what stores should do is when someone comes in not wearing a mask, have everyone stop and start clapping and singing the happy birthday song at them. It'll almost certainly get them to leave. And then the next day they come back do it again if they're not wearing a mask. And if they ask why they can go "well clearly it must be your birthday if you think you can walk around not wearing a mask in here".
wow you think singing happy birthday to someone will get them to do anything? delusional!

killster1

Banned
Mar 15, 2007
They should just refuse to check them out. No mask no cashier will ring you up.
thats a very good idea, except you admit you dont wear a mask while out at restaurants ;P also the kinda place that has people like this are target walmart etc with self checkout. at costco i see 99% in compliance. one couple didnt have their maks on and got told to put them back on. i only go to costco and a few other places, sometimes walmart but try not to go there often, just to stock up on a few things every few months like cereal.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
thats a very good idea, except you admit you dont wear a mask while out at restaurants ;P also the kinda place that has people like this are target walmart etc with self checkout. at costco i see 99% in compliance. one couple didnt have their maks on and got told to put them back on. i only go to costco and a few other places, sometimes walmart but try not to go there often, just to stock up on a few things every few months like cereal.
I have done outdoor dining since July less than ten times. Like I said up here in NJ and NYC at least at the few places I've been to they spaced the tables out quite a bit or they had plexiglass barriers between tables. It was safe. I believe we can do certain things safely like that. I don't think it's right to ban outdoor dining when there is adequate space available.

I've never gone into a store without a mask and have seen 100% compliance around here besides a few people wearing their mask wrong or one woman using a sheer scarf which was practically useless.

killster1

Banned
Mar 15, 2007
I have done outdoor dining since July less than ten times. Like I said up here in NJ and NYC at least at the few places I've been to they spaced the tables out quite a bit or they had plexiglass barriers between tables. It was safe. I believe we can do certain things safely like that. I don't think it's right to ban outdoor dining when there is adequate space available.

I've never gone into a store without a mask and have seen 100% compliance around here besides a few people wearing their mask wrong or one woman using a sheer scarf which was practically useless.
you missed the whole part about self check out i guess. oh well.. you can justify how eating out is essential but it isnt important to me at all. of course i have a chef that lives with me and makes the most delicious food ever. we do get sushi take out but never have dinned in for hmmm 9 months now.