Coup Possibly Happening in Venezuela

Page 12 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

NostaSeronx

Diamond Member
Sep 18, 2011
Computers don't think.
Modern CPU architecture: computers think about branches, think about fast/cold instructions before slow/hot instructions, etc. They do think, and they are sending all your data to the mainframe. Pathetic meatbag creature you will be assimilated or exterminated your end or fusion is near, beep boop beep.

• Haha
Reactions: pcgeek11

Blackjack200

Lifer
May 28, 2007
That's such a hilarious argument.

"If they are so authoritative, why haven't they beheaded their resistance? CHECKMATE!"

The guy literally tried to overthrow the government. What are the odds he'd be walking around a free man if he tried to overthrow the American government?

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
The guy literally tried to overthrow the government. What are the odds he'd be walking around a free man if he tried to overthrow the American government?
You realize there are lots of people who have been advocating for the overthrow of the US government for many years walking around free right now, right?

Also calling out Maduro’s coup isn’t trying to overthrow the government, it’s attempting to follow their constitution.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
truly a man wanted by the people
This shows how sanctions can often backfire, increasing support for regimes instead of decreasing it.

Doesn’t change the fact that Maduro’s election was illegitimate and that he and Chavez destroyed Venezuela’s democracy and economy.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
This shows how sanctions can often backfire, increasing support for regimes instead of decreasing it.

Doesn’t change the fact that Maduro’s election was illegitimate and that he and Chavez destroyed Venezuela’s democracy and economy.

I'm distrustful of any claims of election fraud by American journalism. What I'm sure of is that Maduro is immensely more popular in Venezuela than Guaido who is widely seen as an American puppet. Trump merely confirmed that impression, I'm sure.

I'm of the opinion that our sanctions are much more damaging to Venezuela than their own ineptitude. It's all crocodile tears from there.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
I'm distrustful of any claims of election fraud by American journalism. What I'm sure of is that Maduro is immensely more popular in Venezuela than Guaido who is widely seen as an American puppet. Trump merely confirmed that impression, I'm sure.

I'm of the opinion that our sanctions are much more damaging to Venezuela than their own ineptitude. It's all crocodile tears from there.

Read this and tell me if that's a rigged election or not:

Nov 8, 2012

Hope that Koolaid tastes great.

Were there new rules against conspiracy theories here?

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Hope that Koolaid tastes great.

Were there new rules against conspiracy theories here?

Wait... so Guaido isn't widely regarded as an American puppet & our sanctions aren't a major source of Venezuelan misery?

But I'm the one drinking the koolaid...

Reactions: KMFJD
Nov 8, 2012
Wait... so Guaido isn't widely regarded as an American puppet & our sanctions aren't a major source of Venezuelan misery?

But I'm the one drinking the koolaid...

No. No he is not.

He is widely considered globally as the leader of Venezuela. This includes plenty of countries that you guys get a hard-on for such as France, Germany, UK, Spain, etc.... Hell - Even China + Russia do.

Yes, you're full on taking beer funnel of koolaid.

• Haha

Blackjack200

Lifer
May 28, 2007
No. No he is not.

He is widely considered globally as the leader of Venezuela. This includes plenty of countries that you guys get a hard-on for such as France, Germany, UK, Spain, etc.... Hell - Even China + Russia do.

lol

Viper1j

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2018
"A military uprising appears to be under way in Venezuela after the opposition leader, Juan Guaidó, posted a video of himself flanked by soldiers, promising to end the rule of President Nicolás Maduro .

“The moment is now,” Guaidó said in a three-minute speech, apparently filmed just before dawn on Tuesday near La Carlota, the main military airbase in Caracas. “We are going to achieve liberty and democracy for Venezuela.”

My hope is that this is not premature and fails. I also hope for as little bloodshed as possible.

Coup Happening in The US

1581645599075.png

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
No. No he is not.

And in Venezuela, where it matters? He made it perfectly clear that he is a US puppet when he let Trump use him as a prop in the SOTU speech. They also know who's giving them the beat down. It's us.