County worker FIRED for doing what anyone would do.

Page 9 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

NetGuySC

Golden Member
Nov 19, 1999
Does anyone here believe that the guy's intent was anything other than to check on the welfare of anyone inside?

wirednuts

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2007
I figured it was the only level you'd understand. In the time this thread has been active my black Lab has learned calculus, but you can't seem to grasp very simple legal issues. Congratulations. You've been passed by on the evolutionary road by a breed that licks its own ass and eats feces. I'm sure your parents are proud.

im not the one saying cops have more rights then civilians. because they really dont. not in this situation anyway.

Londo_Jowo

Lifer
Jan 31, 2010
londojowo.hypermart.net
Interesting point, maybe she can press charges!

I believe the police investigated and didn't find any criminal intent however, that doesn't protect the city from being sued for his actions. He violated her right to privacy while working on behalf of the city.

This guy is damned lucky that he didn't get shot.

wirednuts

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2007
Does anyone here believe that the guy's intent was anything other than to check on the welfare of anyone inside?

nope. nobody has said that despite multiple attempts from me asking them. nobody is really arguing with us, they just want to win an argument and make somone feel bad while doing it. small penis effect, i believe.

wirednuts

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2007
I believe the police investigated and didn't find any criminal intent however, that doesn't protect the city from being sued for his actions. He violated her right to privacy while working on behalf of the city.

only after she violated her neighbors rights to decency.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000

no or eh would have done it. BUT saying that he still broke the law, invaded her privacy, and lied to his boss.

on what grounds? because the place was dirty (they knew that witch is one reason she was getting served) and as he claims the door was open when he banged on it?

nope sorry he had NO right to enter her house.

but anyway the OP is trolling but im bored and don't want to go work in the fields lol

now the civil lawsuit won't go anywhere though.

lotus503

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2005
nope. nobody has said that despite multiple attempts from me asking them. nobody is really arguing with us, they just want to win an argument and make somone feel bad while doing it. small penis effect, i believe.

Because once he lied to his boss about it, why he went in takes a backseat to the lying about it part.

You can't put your employer at risk lie to them about it and expect nothing to happen. To think otherwise is just plain ingnorant.

wirednuts

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2007
no or eh would have done it. BUT saying that he still broke the law, invaded her privacy, and lied to his boss.

on what grounds? because the place was dirty (they knew that witch is one reason she was getting served) and as he claims the door was open when he banged on it?

nope sorry he had NO right to enter her house.

now the civil lawsuit won't go anywhere though.

and why wont the civil suit go anywhere? because he really didnt do anything wrong.

xj0hnx

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2007
um, yes he did. watch vid

No, he didn't. He knocked on the door, and then let himself in when he didn't get an answer.

is your house trashed and appear abandoned? thanks for calling me a dumbass by the way, that really helps

Doesn't matter, he knew someone lived there. This isn't some nosy parent checking into their teens room, this is a stranger letting himself into someone's house uninvited while they were sleeping. You're welcome.

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
that is multiple points all hinting towards something wrong. use your brain.

Yes, and we know that code enforcement is tasked with the responsibility of personally investigating whenever there's a "hint" of something that might be wrong. They should investigate by entering a private home without permission ;)

wirednuts

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2007
you have abide by the regulations. but if you don't it does not give him the right to enter the house.

probable cause gives you the right to enter a house. which he clearly had, thats why he wasnt charged with any crime.

wirednuts

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2007
Yes, and we know that code enforcement is tasked with the responsibility of personally investigating whenever there's a "hint" of something that might be wrong. They should investigate by entering a private home without permission ;)

its got little to do with him being an inspector and more to do with him being a compassionate human that tried to do the right thing.

he doesnt need permission if the situation seems dire and the door is open with no answer. he was not charged with a crime because he did not break the law.

NetGuySC

Golden Member
Nov 19, 1999
Legally I see everyone's point, but it seems as though we're argueing aginst human descency.

If you see someone in need ignore them.

If you neighbors house is on fire, it is really none of your business unless the fire could spread to your house then you should call 911 since you would be personally affected.

If you see a car that has crashed into a river or lake with people trapped inside. Even if you are able to respond to help those inside, even if you have the skillset to rescue those people,it not really your business and you would be interfereing with an official government matter. You may want to call 911, surely one of the persons in the car has a phone It just makes sense that one of them would call 911 being that they are IN the car.. Your call to 911 just may cause a busy signal for someone else in need. Who knows your call to 911 just may cost someone else their life. Yeah we better wait on the professionals.

Yes the guy was legally wrong. Yes if the guy just ignored the rare human need to help someone he would still have his job.

This so much reminds me of the recent case of the life guard that was fired because he saved someone from drowning in an area he was not assigned to.

Yes doing the humane and descent thing isn't always legal. Just as if a child is trapped in a burning house it is not legal to break the window and pull the child out. How many charges is that? 1. Kidnapping 2. Breaking and Entering 3. Assault and if it is a female child you could very well have to register as a Sex offender for life.

Great job guys. Now everyone has even less reason to help in any type of crime or emergency situation.

Last edited: