County worker FIRED for doing what anyone would do.

Page 8 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

lotus503

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2005
be careful. you are thinking rationally! seriously, i am ruthlessly hated for taking the stance i am. you might want to let me burn alone on this! :biggrin::biggrin:

Your not hated jeez, I'd never fucking hire you, because your have no regard for honesty but I don't hate you.

wirednuts

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2007
His innocence is gone because of the video. You may not be on LSD, but you're smokin' something killer.

all i saw was exactly the same thing i would have done. or anyone in their right mind. the place looked like someone couldnt take care of themselves, and the door was open. if checking to make sure everyone was ok is breaking the law then he would be in jail. but hes not.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
all i saw was exactly the same thing i would have done. or anyone in their right mind. the place looked like someone couldnt take care of themselves, and the door was open. if checking to make sure everyone was ok is breaking the law then he would be in jail. but hes not.

Interesting point, maybe she can press charges!

Pens1566

Lifer
Oct 11, 2005
if you ignore your landlord and break laws on the property, yes they can enter. believe me, i know. i am a landlord.

Based on your display of logic (or lack thereof) in this thread, I'm not believing you on anything.

If that was my house, they guy would be dead and wouldn't need to worry about getting fired.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
The guy's intent was to help someone in what I believe he reasonably percieved possible emergency, not to rob or rape. Yes he could have handled it better.

Reading the responses here I wonder if he had pulled someone from a burning car if many here would say that he kidnapped that person and that he should have just called 911 and went on his merry wait.

If he had discovered inside was an elderly lady that had fell broke her hip and was lying in her own filth for three days, he would be hailed as a hero.

not the same situation at all. A car on fire you know there is danger. a door open is not proof that something happened. it can be anything and many not having to put the owner of the house in danger.

and IF he called 911 and told them his concerns they would have come out and found her. he could have served her and he would still have his job.

Pens1566

Lifer
Oct 11, 2005
The guy's intent was to help someone in what I believe he reasonably percieved possible emergency, not to rob or rape. Yes he could have handled it better.

Reading the responses here I wonder if he had pulled someone from a burning car if many here would say that he kidnapped that person and that he should have just called 911 and went on his merry wait.

If he had discovered inside was an elderly lady that had fell broke her hip and was lying in her own filth for three days, he would be hailed as a hero.

Ridiculous example.

wirednuts

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2007
not the same situation at all. A car on fire you know there is danger. a door open is not proof that something happened. it can be anything and many not having to put the owner of the house in danger.

and IF he called 911 and told them his concerns they would have come out and found her. he could have served her and he would still have his job.

no. by your reasoning the cops couldnt enter either! they dont have permission either!:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
no. by your reasoning the cops couldnt enter either! they dont have permission either!:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

yeah..you are a idiot.

the cops DO have such power a CIVILIAN does not. It's not a hard concept to grasp. If you can be a landlord you can figure this out.

so in other words you aren't landlord are you?

Pens1566

Lifer
Oct 11, 2005
and you would be ok with killing a county worker for being a good samaritan? wow dude....

Unauthorized person in my house without my knowledge or permission, wife and small child around? Yes. In fact, it's a law in my state. Completely justifiable.

wirednuts

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2007
yeah..you are a idiot.

the cops DO have such power a CIVILIAN does not. It's not a hard concept to grasp. If you can be a landlord you can figure this out.

so in other words you aren't landlord are you?

um... no they dont. if a cop was there, legally they can not enter either. are you adolescent or just ignorant to the american justice system?

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
and you would be ok with killing a county worker for being a good samaritan? wow dude....

i would be ok with the idiot getting shot for entering a house without permission.

If the fucker did that to my house he would be needing 911

NetGuySC

Golden Member
Nov 19, 1999
So you're saying the house was on fire?

Of course not, I'm saying that what he articulated an can reasonable be percieved as a emergency situation, just as smoke coming from a house can reasonably be percieved as an emergency situation.

wirednuts

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2007
Unauthorized person in my house without my knowledge or permission, wife and small child around? Yes. In fact, it's a law in my state. Completely justifiable.

if you broke multiple laws and ignored anyone at your door, then i wouldnt have much sympathy for you when someone eventually comes in.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
um... no they dont. if a cop was there, legally they can not enter either. are you adolescent or just ignorant to the american justice system?

yeah they do. the police have the right to enter a residence if they believe someone is hurt or a crime.

A police officer can and will get away with it. a civilian? he guy is lucky he is alive and not under arrest.

wirednuts

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2007
i would be ok with the idiot getting shot for entering a house without permission.

If the fucker did that to my house he would be needing 911

if my neighbors trashed their place to the point where it doesnt even seem like anyone is living there, i wouldnt have any problem with someone coming in and killing them. feels great doesnt it?

Pens1566

Lifer
Oct 11, 2005
if you broke multiple laws and ignored anyone at your door, then i wouldnt have much sympathy for you when someone eventually comes in.

You're too stupid to realize that your "broke multiple laws" bit DOESN'T MATTER AT ALL.

If some jackass walks in my open front door without my permission he is going to be shot at. And I would be legally allowed to do so.

wirednuts

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2007
You're too stupid to realize that your "broke multiple laws" bit DOESN'T MATTER AT ALL.

If some jackass walks in my open front door without my permission he is going to be shot at. And I would be legally allowed to do so.

so you can break all the laws you want, but since it was all done on your property you are immune to those laws?

and then you call me stupid like a child would?

this is just such great entertainment for me. kidz...

Pens1566

Lifer
Oct 11, 2005
so you can break all the laws you want, but since it was all done on your property you are immune to those laws?

and then you call me stupid like a child would?

this is just such great entertainment for me. kidz...

I figured it was the only level you'd understand. In the time this thread has been active my black Lab has learned calculus, but you can't seem to grasp very simple legal issues. Congratulations. You've been passed by on the evolutionary road by a breed that licks its own ass and eats feces. I'm sure your parents are proud.