cooling an overclocked system

jswjimmy

Jul 24, 2003
i need 2 more case fans for my computer i was thinking of buying 2 Vantec Tornado fans one for case and one for cpu. i want to 80mm heatsink to and use the fan off of it for case. but can the tornado be hooked up to ps my mobo has only 2 fan power connectors. or should i buy one tornado for the cpu and a stealth for the case?

SinfulWeeper

Diamond Member
Sep 2, 2000
Might I enquire on why your wanting tornado's for? With just a few more dollars you can get a water cooling setup that can and most likely will cool more than what your wanting to do. Plus you do not get all the noise polution.

SinfulWeeper

Diamond Member
Sep 2, 2000
$60 more is just a few dollars...

Or there are the FS/FT forums. A lot of times there are some sweet deals out there :).

jswjimmy

Jul 24, 2003
ill stick with air, my 1800 runs at 75F and the room is 80 plus its oc to 1.6 giz its the chipset harddrive and gpu i whant to cool.

SinfulWeeper

Diamond Member
Sep 2, 2000
Here is just a tip (although I myself have not done it as I want to mount the radiator outside... too much work at the moment)

Waterblock (of good quality) ~ $30
Radiator ~ $10 (any automotive salvage place)
Hose's ~ $5
Water pump ~ $10-$40 (from a auto or plumbing store)
120MM fan for radiator ~ $15 (not needed because of my climate :p)

@ most, $100.
@ least, $70.

Of course YMMV. But I live in Alaska where everything is OOP. But I see no reason why you couldn't do it for the same or less, unless of course you fork over the extra money for a complete kit.

---Edit to add---

Never heard of them before. But water cooling is not rocket science, I see no reason why it wouldn't work :)

jswjimmy

Jul 24, 2003
this xmas ill do it. i dont have money now im only 14. i built this computer with birthday money. it shure beats my p2 350mgz. wow you live fare north i thought i had it bad in maine