Will23

Jul 26, 2017
Hello,

I have a Deepcool Genome case and sadly past few days, there was a leakage in the pump close to the cpu. The gpu and just one PSU cable have liquid, but not much. The GPU only have liquid in the heatsink and is not too much, it's more like humidity in the heatsink. But my real concern is the SATA connector, as you can see in the links of the attached pictures, there is a bit of coolant inside that connector. I bought a new case and I'm actually installing everything, I will not use that cable. My question is, it is safe to use that power supply even if it have that small amount of liquid inside?

Thanks in advance,
Will

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
Hello,

My question is, it is safe to use that power supply even if it have that small amount of liquid inside?

Only if you like the sound of a PSU shorting out and dying, while possibly taking other components with it. ANY liquid on or inside electronics is very bad.

Fallen Kell

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Only if you like the sound of a PSU shorting out and dying, while possibly taking other components with it. ANY liquid on or inside electronics is very bad.
Depends on the liquid. If it is good coolant, it should be non-conductive, and non-corrosive. The quick fix is just blow some compressed air into the connector and you are good to go. If it isn't good coolant, well, it is conductive, and it is even possibly corrosive. You need a neutralizing agent first to stop any chemical reaction occurring where the coolant came into contact (the agent would need to be purposed for your actual coolant, as one thing's neutralizing agent is another's catalyst). Then you would need to clean it all with a 99% isopropyl solution, and then let it dry...