Cool Crysis Vid

Paratus

Lifer
Jun 4, 2004
Originally posted by: Soviet
Wow, thats awesome!

It's pretty cool.

I wonder what causes the barrel house and chairs to fly apart into a vortex?

CP5670

Diamond Member
Jun 24, 2004
Crysis has gone up in my estimation after seeing that video. I could spend weeks playing around with stuff like that.

Maximilian

Lifer
Feb 8, 2004
Originally posted by: Paratus
Wow, thats awesome!

It's pretty cool.

Maybe that turbulence affect seen in the dropship level.

Paratus

Lifer
Jun 4, 2004
Ah Spoilers!

(Haven't gotten to the drop ship level yet) ;)

posted via Palm Life Drive

Rubycon

Madame President
Aug 10, 2005
How can you do that? Is there a stacking script? Dominoes are bad enough there is no way I'd spend that much time stacking barrels in a video game.

homercles337

Diamond Member
Dec 29, 2004
Originally posted by: CP5670
Crysis has gone up in my estimation after seeing that video. I could spend weeks playing around with stuff like that.

Heh, i just got my 8800GT today and this video made me think the same thing. I dont own it yet, but i will soon (actually, as soon as my mobo gets back from an RMA :| ).

homercles337

Diamond Member
Dec 29, 2004
Originally posted by: Rubycon
How can you do that? Is there a stacking script? Dominoes are bad enough there is no way I'd spend that much time stacking barrels in a video game.

There is clearly geometry in the game, and if the sandbox (or whatever that is) lets you script, well then you have a "stacking script."

Stg-Flame

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2007
Originally posted by: Paratus
Wow, thats awesome!

It's pretty cool.

The Sandbox Editor has a Gravity mapping option to place gravity and which way the gravity will pull towards. In the demo of Crysis, I had a "tornado" set near some enemy spawn points. I spent countless hours throwing stuff into that invisible tornado and watch everything inside get thrown about.

While I am not a good enough modder to do what the guy in the video did, I will get there soon. Just been a bit preoccupied lately and haven't been able to devote my time to the editor as I used to.

Good stuff.