Contagion spreading among the vaccinated

Feb 4, 2009
Fucking Anger
I am not that angry yet but it is coming. The non vaccinated are getting more irritating every day. I agree with a person in the link. Vaccines are free & easily available. Anyone who is not vaccinated by choice should face medical bills for Covid treatments. They are the problem and are choosing to work against the solution. Testing should be free for everyone. This doesn’t apply to someone who is physically ineligible to vaccinate.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
I am all for society giving incentive for idiots to act responsibly, both carrots and sticks. And I agree, testing should be free. Breakthrough infections were anticipated, no way around it really. Important to note that a vaccinated person who gets it will not likely be able to give it to someone else, at least that was the last I heard of it.

See that rally for dipshit in Arizona they just had? Not a single mask there I think. Get horribly sick and maybe die folks, that will definitely show those dirty liberals who don't let you steal elections.

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
Hmm, and I thought this thread was about breakthrough infections amongst the vaccinated rising (they are).

But you bet your ass we’re angry at the mofos who were screaming for the past year to open up and get back to normal—who when given the chance to help that happen chose to be selfish instead. Make no mistake—the decision to remain unvaccinated against your doc’s recommendation is a selfish one. There’s a reason why Hollywood types and GOP have found common ground here—because they’re the most out of touch with the rest of society.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Yes, I've lost patience with the endless stories about how we need to coddle the anti-vaxxers and the 'hesitant'. The vaccine is free, and it's a near certain way to protect yourself and your neighbors from a deadly disease.

We need to follow in the footsteps of France and make vaccination mandatory for most public events, employment, etc.

Feb 4, 2009
Yes, I've lost patience with the endless stories about how we need to coddle the anti-vaxxers and the 'hesitant'. The vaccine is free, and it's a near certain way to protect yourself and your neighbors from a deadly disease.

We need to follow in the footsteps of France and make vaccination mandatory for most public events, employment, etc.

Yeah macron said it well. Something about unvaccinated are the problem and showing little sympathy for the unvaccinated. From day one when I started to hear about how you should treat a vaccine hesitant like a young child. Acknowledge their fears and provide facts I said this isn’t gonna work because these folks don’t respond to that. They want to be waited on and showered with praise. They respond to people yelling at them and shitting on their stupidity.
Coddling then will never work.

Not a fan of a vaccine passport app tho, if it came to that I would likely just wear a mask everywhere. I don’t like the idea of a vaccine passport. Not that I am afraid of my vaccination status being public because imo it should be for all particularly doctors and politicians and media personalities. I don’t like what other data a vaccine passport is bound to collect and who has access to that data.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Yeah macron said it well. Something about unvaccinated are the problem and showing little sympathy for the unvaccinated. From day one when I started to hear about how you should treat a vaccine hesitant like a young child. Acknowledge their fears and provide facts I said this isn’t gonna work because these folks don’t respond to that. They want to be waited on and showered with praise. They respond to people yelling at them and shitting on their stupidity.
Coddling then will never work.

Not a fan of a vaccine passport app tho, if it came to that I would likely just wear a mask everywhere. I don’t like the idea of a vaccine passport. Not that I am afraid of my vaccination status being public because imo it should be for all particularly doctors and politicians and media personalities. I don’t like what other data a vaccine passport is bound to collect and who has access to that data.
To go to elementary school and college you have to submit proof of vaccination, what is that other than a vaccine passport? It doesn't need to be some app that's tracking where you go and when, it can just be any sort of proof of vaccination. The little CDC card, for example.

Feb 4, 2009
To go to elementary school and college you have to submit proof of vaccination, what is that other than a vaccine passport? It doesn't need to be some app that's tracking where you go and when, it can just be any sort of proof of vaccination. The little CDC card, for example.

Yeah I am cool with showing my vaccination card that is fine just that would never work at a concert for large event. The line would take forever and it would be super simple to scam. Plus business wouldn’t check or would back down at the first resistance. They are in a people business and turning someone away from a sammich is going to be bad wether it is Karen making a scene or jimmy leaving a bad review or some dude who goes somewhere else that will serve him and continues to go there.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Yeah I am cool with showing my vaccination card that is fine just that would never work at a concert or large event. The line would take forever and it would be super simple to scam.
I think you would be surprised. Sure, there are some people who are super committed and would be willing to risk a felony by forging a card just to avoid getting a shot but the vast majority of people would do it to end the inconvenience.

As for concerts and large venues that means we need to add more staff and adjust accordingly. Checking the cards would only take 1-2 seconds extra per person.

Reactions: Muse and DarthKyrie
Feb 4, 2009
I think you would be surprised. Sure, there are some people who are super committed and would be willing to risk a felony by forging a card just to avoid getting a shot but the vast majority of people would do it to end the inconvenience.

As for concerts and large venues that means we need to add more staff and adjust accordingly. Checking the cards would only take 1-2 seconds extra per person.

One or two seconds per person at a 30k event would add about 13 man hours.
Do able but that would impact wait times.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
So there are two kind of distinct groups left unvaccinated.

1) the truly hesitant for whatever reason but ultimately persuadable
2) the ignorant assholes

I'm in favor of whatever outreach is required to get group 1 vaccinated but find myself less and less sympathetic to group 2 as the days go on.

Re: group 2, the increasingly prevailing feeling among my peers is that they've made their choices and no amount of pressure or coddling will make them change their minds so let them suffer the consequences whatever those may be. Make it hard for them to interact with the rest of us and let the chips fall where they may.

Reactions: DarthKyrie
Feb 4, 2009
How about a $500 tax rebate provided you are vaccinated. Have it run for five years, if boosters are needed add them to the eligibility.
Be fun watching Rand and Rubio and Teddy and Moscow Mitch say why this take cut is a bad idea.

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999
How about a $500 tax rebate provided you are vaccinated. Have it run for five years, if boosters are needed add them to the eligibility.
Be fun watching Rand and Rubio and Teddy and Moscow Mitch say why this take cut is a bad idea.
Fuck that. Just make it difficult for people that don't want the responsiblies of living in a society to function in society. If every employer and school required vaccine, we'd be at 97%.

Meghan54

Lifer
Oct 18, 2009
One or two seconds per person at a 30k event would add about 13 man hours.
Do able but that would impact wait times.

Longer than getting wanded for weapons? And bags searched? Seems to me you can show the vaccine card and give your ticket at the same time. Or show it to one person while getting wanded by another. I'm sure it can be done without impacting wait times much at all.

Feb 4, 2009
Longer than getting wanded for weapons? And bags searched? Seems to me you can show the vaccine card and give your ticket at the same time. Or show it to one person while getting wanded by another. I'm sure it can be done without impacting wait times much at all.

It is more than that because it is a new and untested basket to open. For example someone shows up says they are vaccinated but doesn’t have their card. Should they get refunded? If so when and how should they be refunded. How about the person who lost their card or what do you do with cards that get left behind at the vaccine check in and so on.
Yes checking a card at a small place would work fine provided the person checking the cards takes the job seriously.
Checking tens of thousand of cards before a big event just won’t work. Think of voting, my main complaint is who checks the voter ID and what replacement process is in place. Also what happens if you get a dude like me checking voter IDs in Texas and I take my job super, super seriously by inspecting every single voter ID card for 38 minutes per card?
Finally who is the ultimate decider at a concert of wether I am truly Fanatical Meat and is my card stamped correctly.

Meghan54

Lifer
Oct 18, 2009
It is more than that because it is a new and untested basket to open. For example someone shows up says they are vaccinated but doesn’t have their card. Should they get refunded? If so when and how should they be refunded. How about the person who lost their card or what do you do with cards that get left behind at the vaccine check in and so on.
Yes checking a card at a small place would work fine provided the person checking the cards takes the job seriously.
Checking tens of thousand of cards before a big event just won’t work. Think of voting, my main complaint is who checks the voter ID and what replacement process is in place. Also what happens if you get a dude like me checking voter IDs in Texas and I take my job super, super seriously by inspecting every single voter ID card for 38 minutes per card?
Finally who is the ultimate decider at a concert of wether I am truly Fanatical Meat and is my card stamped correctly.

Contagion’s wrist band solution could easily work.

Feb 4, 2009
What data? That you’re vaccinated? That’s not a secret or a HIPAA concern. So your point is…?

Does the person let’s say google housing this data know my bracelet has been scanned 12 times this weekend and at what places/times.
Who else has that data? What other data isn’t uncovered by the scans like when I go to the pharmacy. Will some non medical entity know I go to the Walmart pharmacy frequently?
That type stuff. If the country had better privacy laws and enforcement of those laws I would be more open to these things.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Does the person let’s say google housing this data know my bracelet has been scanned 12 times this weekend and at what places/times.
Who else has that data? What other data isn’t uncovered by the scans like when I go to the pharmacy. Will some non medical entity know I go to the Walmart pharmacy frequently?
That type stuff. If the country had better privacy laws and enforcement of those laws I would be more open to these things.
I have some bad news for you - you almost certainly carry a cell phone in your pocket so there's already a running record of everywhere you go, 24 hours a day.

Feb 4, 2009
I have some bad news for you - you almost certainly carry a cell phone in your pocket so there's already a running record of everywhere you go, 24 hours a day.

Oh yeah I agree and telecoms people who handle that data improperly CAN GO TO FUCKING JAIL. That is a penalty. Having some app that stores data or records data from other sources like who I have been close to is pretty personal data and as of now there appears to be no rules as of how it would be handled and what happens to an entity that mishandled it. We don’t even have a definition of what mishandling that data is.

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999
Oh yeah I agree and telecoms people who handle that data improperly CAN GO TO FUCKING JAIL. That is a penalty. Having some app that stores data or records data from other sources like who I have been close to is pretty personal data and as of now there appears to be no rules as of how it would be handled and what happens to an entity that mishandled it. We don’t even have a definition of what mishandling that data is.
Don't worry, there are apps tracking your every move too, that can sell that to anyone.

Could be as easy as putting a RFID in an ID, if it is there you are vaccinated, if not you're not. The RFID wouldn't have to be uniquely identifying.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
Theres two apps used in the UK.
The track and trace app that is to do with who you come in contact with. This obviously relies on knowing what locations you've been to.
The other app, which has your vaccine passport, doesn't need to know where you've been (I mean it might well do that, but it doesn't need to). It just generates a QR code that's valid for a period of time to show your vaccine status.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
Saw a guy on the news that wasn't vaccinated, got Covid, already lost his wife to Covid. He "just hadn't gotten around" to getting the vaccine. I think every grocery store that has a pharmacy that I've been in the last couple months has a sign up about free vaccinations...

Feb 4, 2009
Don't worry, there are apps tracking your every move too, that can sell that to anyone.

Could be as easy as putting a RFID in an ID, if it is there you are vaccinated, if not you're not. The RFID wouldn't have to be uniquely identifying.

I am a former telecom guy, I know this well.
Also I find the majority of apps just shitty web links.
As of this moment I have five apps on my phone and I admit the worst offender Facebook is one of them.
None of the apps are allowed access to my contacts or location. If it needs location data I allow it the disable it when done. Typically I refuse to use apps that require location data.
I intentionally stuck with windows phones until it became impossible simply because they had the best privacy because nobody was interested in windows phone users. Currently with Apple because at least they allow privacy. Haven’t used an android since 2009 or so.
While I am not perfect I take this shit seriously. I do not like the idea of Gov or Business tracking where we go, whom we interact with and when we are home or not home or out of state.

Reactions: Muse
Feb 4, 2009
Theres two apps used in the UK.
The track and trace app that is to do with who you come in contact with. This obviously relies on knowing what locations you've been to.
The other app, which has your vaccine passport, doesn't need to know where you've been (I mean it might well do that, but it doesn't need to). It just generates a QR code that's valid for a period of time to show your vaccine status.

The EU is a lot better about data privacy & data handling. If that got fixed here and the QR code scan wasn’t stored or stored for a short period I could accept that.
The US isn’t as good about data privacy, storage and handling. As of now I wouldn’t opt in I would just avoid events that require it

Reactions: Pohemi