(Confirmed) Vote Tampering In North Carolina

Page 8 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Nov 8, 2012
lulz. youtube longhair posts an animated video. I'm glad for you, I guess? that all it takes is for someone with an internet connection and some editing skills to inform you of, well, blatant lies, but whatever.

lol.

"Let's tell you something folks: the history that happened never happened, why? because I drew some pictures!"

this is what you posted.

Try watching it instead of judging.... which, considering the length in which you posted and the length of the video, you never did.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Try watching it instead of judging.... which, considering the length in which you posted and the length of the video, you never did.

I watched the first 5 minutes, twice, actually.

problem is, dude fundamentally rejects history and bases his argument on an assumption of "human belief" within the first minute. I actually had to confirm that's what he said, so I watched the 2-3 minutes twice (I posted first, then watched again, didn't edit...I guess because I was satisfied. I do have a history of correcting myself if I've clearly erred).

The dude's argument is: "blacks did this, because blacks think this, because some other people did a thing" ....without any evidence that any of that thing happened and, of course, without any rational insight into why he should be claiming "a race of people should want to do the thing that I think they should do."

It's fucking insane. That's it. It's just fucking insane, man.

let's just break out the doubledildos and forget this thread ever happened, OK?

Reactions: darkswordsman17

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000

For someone who frequently calls others fucking stupid, your are pretty fucking stupid for posting that garbage. What's next on your watch list, the Holocaust didn't happen? Slavery was actually good for black people?

What a fucking idiot!

Reactions: UberNeuman
Nov 8, 2012
For someone who frequently calls others fucking stupid, your are pretty fucking stupid for posting that garbage. What's next on your watch list, the Holocaust didn't happen? Slavery was actually good for black people?

What a fucking idiot!

Heh, nothing better than toolbags like yourselves. No retort, just mindless partisan banter.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
Admit that your side has major problems. The fact that Hillary could not win states like PA, MI, WI shows that there is a problem. Fix it instead of getting cocky and overconfident in February 2019. If you think that Trump will lose reelection, you got a whole fucking lesson to learn about Middle America.
The subject was election fraud and you accused Democrats of it. Put up or shut up.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

Meghan54

Lifer
Oct 18, 2009

I watched it.

First, the author of that piece seems to miss that the South is the bastion of conservatism. Whether the predominate voting party's label was Democrat or Republican, it was always conservative, preferably Christian conservative, just like today. Those old time Democrats were as conservative as current Republcians, which is the point. Dems didn't leave the South and get replaced by Repubs. as the South's preferrential party changed over the decades. They just changed their party allegiance when the Democrat national party became more liberal vs. the Repub. party becoming more conservative.

And that was happening before the 1960's, but was very much on display in the 1964 presidential election. Nelson Rockefeller, the presumptive Repub. nominee in the initial stages of the GOP primary season, was undermined by a smear campaign orchestrated by the Goldwater camp...a la Rockefeller's divorce of his wife and subsequent marriage to a recent divorcee, in too quick a fashion (they had to be having an affair for her to marry him right after divorcing her husband!!) for these religious conservatives down here in the South. Why, it was scandalous, I tells ya!

Rockefeller represented the centrist/moderate/semi-liberal faction in the GOP (I believe it was referred to as the Eastern Establishment), a faction that had held sway over the party until Goldwater's nomination for the '64 election.

The cherry on top was Goldwater's condemnation of the Civil Rights Act. Yeah, he was for it before he was against it. What drove him to change his position was the so-called Commerce Clause, the public accommodations clauses. That's what drove whites down here crazy. It was one thing to say blacks had equal rights as long as whites weren't forced to share the same spaces. The CRA of 1964 made the "separate but equal" crap illegal, which southern conservatives still haven't forgiven nor forgotten. They were more than willing to entertain the CRA sans the Commerce Clause, but with it....outrageous! Whites would actually be forced to endure mixing of the races, anathema to their collective psyche and historical memory.

Stir in some "nuke N. Vietnam" rhetoric to that and you have the candidate that won 6 states in the 1964 pres. election. And quite the list, too. SC, GA, AL, MS, LA, and Goldwater's home state AZ. Notice anything peculiar about that list? A sea of blue with a particularly interesting red swath across what were the former leading Confederate states. Just odd.

Then the Voting Rights Act passed. Southern conservatives went apoplectic. It got bad enough that some "outside interlopers" came down from NY to MS to assist in voter registration drives. Didn't help that they were Jewish. Got killed. And despite everyone knowing exactly who did it, no one was ever prosecuted.

And guess who southern conservatives blamed for that "catastrophe"? Wasn't Republicans. It took away their poll taxes, literacy tests, civics/Constitution qualifying questions and gave those damned n*****s the right to vote like white people did. Yes, whites were subject to the same poll taxes, literacy and govt. tests, but poll taxes were rarely enforced on whites who voted as opposed to being collected from every black that tried to vote; the literacy test for whites, if even given, as opposed to blacks who always had to pass the test, was akin to the white being asked to read a passage from "Dick and Jane" while the black was given a passage from current molecular biology or physics.

Get the idea blacks didn't vote much before the VRA? That was by design. Creative alternative measures have been dreamed up since, but are simply a continuation of past southern conservative philosophy.

So Nixon shows up, actually a moderate, but pounces on this with the infamous Southern Strategy, and conservatives in the south begin their march to the Republican drum beat.

It's either that---that party affiliation changed over a couple of generations in the South because of what each party evolved into and their message and policies changed---or there was, in one generation, a mass exodus of "liberal" Democrats who used to live here with an equal and sudden mass influx of "conservative" Republicans that changed the political label preferred in the South. From my recollection, the latter didn't happen.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
You spend a fair amount of time demanding respect from people, while you have the clear inability to understand that's not how respect works.

I picture him as an old man wearing a diaper demanding and screaming at people, "LOOK AT MY POOPY! LOOK AT IT!...now talk about it".

DarthKyrie

Golden Member
Jul 11, 2016
Here's the first section of the OP article:

"Mounting evidence of fraud in North Carolina’s 9th Congressional District could indefinitely delay the certification of a winner, as state election officials investigate whether hundreds of absentee ballots were illegally cast or destroyed.

The North Carolina State Board of Elections and Ethics Enforcement has no plans to certify Republican Mark Harris’s 905-vote victory over Democrat Dan McCready, according to an agenda of a board meeting scheduled for Friday morning.

The board is collecting sworn statements from voters in rural Bladen and Robeson counties, near the South Carolina border, who described people coming to their doors and urging them to hand over their absentee ballots, sometimes without filling them out. Others described receiving absentee ballots by mail that they had not requested. It is illegal to take someone else’s ballot and turn it in.

Investigators are also scrutinizing unusually high numbers of absentee ballots cast in Bladen County, in both the general election and the May 8 primary, in which Harris defeated incumbent Rep. Robert Pittenger (R) by 828 votes. In the primary, Harris won 96 percent of all absentee ballots in Bladen, a far higher percentage than his win in the county overall — a statistic that this week is prompting fresh accusations of fraud. [...]"

WOW just wow the chutzpah.

lulz. youtube longhair posts an animated video. I'm glad for you, I guess? that all it takes is for someone with an internet connection and some editing skills to inform you of, well, blatant lies, but whatever.

lol.

"Let's tell you something folks: the history that happened never happened, why? because I drew some pictures!" lol, this "thing" is just more of the "the blacks are perpetually enslaved by the democratic party policy" myth that is just preposterously defeated by any kind of reasonable observation of the people in front of you.

this is what you posted.

Don't bother these people believe that there was a great exodus of Confederate racist traitorous Demonrats that fled to the Union after the Civil War, but don't you dare touch that statue of Jefferson Davis that's my heritage.

Sunburn74

Diamond Member
Oct 5, 2009
I think we should outlaw all absentee ballots except for military members. Then make all absentee ballots be notarized and witnessed by tow people. Then attach your state ID to the form. Plus no one who cant make their own decisions legally should be allowed to vote. Then if the state has a lot of absentee votes, 10% should be verified. Election officials and consultant firms should not be able to obtain the absentee ballots. The individual should request the ballot from a state office and be sent to a valid address. Then the Return address should be verified by the state that received the request.
Seems like quite a bit of overkill. Absentee ballots require payment for a notary? Why not ask for a blood sample whilst you're at it?

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
Seems like quite a bit of overkill. Absentee ballots require payment for a notary? Why not ask for a blood sample whilst you're at it?
Yeah, I don't think I'd want to attach my drivers license to an absentee ballot, don't think he thought this through.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
I watched it.

First, the author of that piece seems to miss that the South is the bastion of conservatism. Whether the predominate voting party's label was Democrat or Republican, it was always conservative, preferably Christian conservative, just like today. Those old time Democrats were as conservative as current Republcians, which is the point. Dems didn't leave the South and get replaced by Repubs. as the South's preferrential party changed over the decades. They just changed their party allegiance when the Democrat national party became more liberal vs. the Repub. party becoming more conservative.

And that was happening before the 1960's, but was very much on display in the 1964 presidential election. Nelson Rockefeller, the presumptive Repub. nominee in the initial stages of the GOP primary season, was undermined by a smear campaign orchestrated by the Goldwater camp...a la Rockefeller's divorce of his wife and subsequent marriage to a recent divorcee, in too quick a fashion (they had to be having an affair for her to marry him right after divorcing her husband!!) for these religious conservatives down here in the South. Why, it was scandalous, I tells ya!

Rockefeller represented the centrist/moderate/semi-liberal faction in the GOP (I believe it was referred to as the Eastern Establishment), a faction that had held sway over the party until Goldwater's nomination for the '64 election.

The cherry on top was Goldwater's condemnation of the Civil Rights Act. Yeah, he was for it before he was against it. What drove him to change his position was the so-called Commerce Clause, the public accommodations clauses. That's what drove whites down here crazy. It was one thing to say blacks had equal rights as long as whites weren't forced to share the same spaces. The CRA of 1964 made the "separate but equal" crap illegal, which southern conservatives still haven't forgiven nor forgotten. They were more than willing to entertain the CRA sans the Commerce Clause, but with it....outrageous! Whites would actually be forced to endure mixing of the races, anathema to their collective psyche and historical memory.

Stir in some "nuke N. Vietnam" rhetoric to that and you have the candidate that won 6 states in the 1964 pres. election. And quite the list, too. SC, GA, AL, MS, LA, and Goldwater's home state AZ. Notice anything peculiar about that list? A sea of blue with a particularly interesting red swath across what were the former leading Confederate states. Just odd.

Then the Voting Rights Act passed. Southern conservatives went apoplectic. It got bad enough that some "outside interlopers" came down from NY to MS to assist in voter registration drives. Didn't help that they were Jewish. Got killed. And despite everyone knowing exactly who did it, no one was ever prosecuted.

And guess who southern conservatives blamed for that "catastrophe"? Wasn't Republicans. It took away their poll taxes, literacy tests, civics/Constitution qualifying questions and gave those damned n*****s the right to vote like white people did. Yes, whites were subject to the same poll taxes, literacy and govt. tests, but poll taxes were rarely enforced on whites who voted as opposed to being collected from every black that tried to vote; the literacy test for whites, if even given, as opposed to blacks who always had to pass the test, was akin to the white being asked to read a passage from "Dick and Jane" while the black was given a passage from current molecular biology or physics.

Get the idea blacks didn't vote much before the VRA? That was by design. Creative alternative measures have been dreamed up since, but are simply a continuation of past southern conservative philosophy.

So Nixon shows up, actually a moderate, but pounces on this with the infamous Southern Strategy, and conservatives in the south begin their march to the Republican drum beat.

It's either that---that party affiliation changed over a couple of generations in the South because of what each party evolved into and their message and policies changed---or there was, in one generation, a mass exodus of "liberal" Democrats who used to live here with an equal and sudden mass influx of "conservative" Republicans that changed the political label preferred in the South. From my recollection, the latter didn't happen.
It's really much simpler than conservative vs liberal with regard to the change in party in the south.
Civil Rights Act of 1964
LBJ even admitted that it would probably be the end of the democratic party in the south.

dawp

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
I'm thinking that the state GOP will try to change the law so that their operatives can do what was done here legally. at least I think they would be that foolish.

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
the gop literally echoed themselves into thinking everyone was cheating and then they actually started doing it thinking nobody gets caught... instantly gets caught.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
How is anyone in that state still part of the GOP? Or support it?

The Republican party might be some sort of new ponzi scheme. You just have to keep recruiting new members and supporting the party line. Eventually you'll reach the payout level where you start earning money through bribes and other corruption.

If that's not the case then I have no fucking idea why anyone would be a Republican unless they are a rich white guy.

DrDoug

Diamond Member
Jan 16, 2014
Just had to bring this back. What a wonderful party that NC GOP is.
GOP chair charged with bribery

Pay attention kids, this is how they are bribing our politicians:

One day after Causey agreed to switch out regulators at the department as Lindberg had requested, Hayes emailed the state party's treasurer requesting an initial wire transfer to Causey's campaign, the indictment states. Causey signed the party's donations over to the U.S. Marshals Service last year. Lindberg also paid to set up an independent expenditure committee for Causey, the indictment states. Presumably, that's NC Growth and Prosperity, for which Palermo was treasurer.

Lindberg gave $1.4 million to the N.C. Republican Council of State Committee, which Forest chairs, and the lieutenant governor said the group would have to meet to decide how to proceed. He said giving up the money is "certainly an option," but he declined to identify other members of the group that would make that decision. The committee was created so Republican members of the Council of State, the GOP's statewide elected officials, could accept unlimited donations, but not all members of the council participate. Another $1 million went to Truth and Prosperity, a PAC run by a Forest supporter, but campaign finance law forbids the lieutenant governor from coordinating with the group on expenditures. Forest distanced himself from the donations Tuesday, noting that Lindberg never gave to his campaign account. But he put out a press release in early 2018, taking credit for all of the donations and lumping the Council of State Committee, Truth and Prosperity and his own campaign committee together for a total fundraising haul of $3 million.

This may be North Carolina they are talking about right now but you can safely bet your ass that this is going on all across the country. The NC GOP released a both sides statement saying it it was "aware of several indictments surrounding the conduct of a major donor to both major political parties and two of his associates." I guess the arrest of the state GOP leader and three GOP donors is both sides in conservative land.

It figures the political mob that wants to run this country like it's theirs and theirs alone are led by a Don whose ring and ass they lavishly kiss.