Confirmed: Paul Ryan sucks (video)

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
The cut is meaningless, since whether or not he laughs while the man is on the ground or after, he still makes a joke at the man's expense.

And yeah, the guy was wrong to interrupt Ryan, but still.

The best way to deal with hecklers is to make fun of them while they are being dragged away. :)

micrometers

Diamond Member
Nov 14, 2010
Here's the thing.

Yes, Paul Ryan is well within his "rights" to be cruel and mean to this guy. He interrupted Ryan and was loud and obnoxious.

However, Paul Ryan wants to be president of the united states. Presidents have to be better than that. Also, given the radical changes Ryan is proposing, he's going to get lots of guys like that guy. He has to figure out a way to handle it.

PJABBER

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2001
Here's the thing.

Yes, Paul Ryan is well within his "rights" to be cruel and mean to this guy. He interrupted Ryan and was loud and obnoxious.

However, Paul Ryan wants to be president of the united states. Presidents have to be better than that. Also, given the radical changes Ryan is proposing, he's going to get lots of guys like that guy. He has to figure out a way to handle it.

Last I checked Paul Ryan was aiming to be the Vice President of the United States.

Link?

:cool:

Atreus21

Lifer
Aug 21, 2007
Here's the thing.

To be honest, I thought it was extreme that the guy was so roughly cuffed. I didn't think his crime merited his punishment (ie being forced onto the ground and cuffed), unless he resisted the cop, and unless he had been heckling Ryan for some time.

If Ryan was being either cruel or mean, the video linked does little to prove it. He chuckled after he told his joke, which took place an unspecified time either before or after the incident, and was not shown to be laughing or jeering at the guy when he was being cuffed.

PricklyPete

Lifer
Sep 17, 2002
This is a ridiculous attempt at trying to make someone look bad. Some jackass starts screaming in the middle of someones speech like a lunatic and I am supposed to feel bad for him when security removes him and the speaker who completely keeps his cool makes a lighthearted remark? Give me a break.

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
If you are going to heckle someone you should at least learn what their actual plans are.

Paul Ryan would not touch the man's medicare. What is he complaining about?

mect

Platinum Member
Jan 5, 2004
There's a difference between making fun of someone I dislike while you're on the floor in pain, and making a joke about it later. We don't even know if Ryan saw the guy on the floor at all. The guy was removed from the room. All Ryan saw, at least by that video, was the man being taken away.

The joke could just as likely been targeted at the fact that the man was yelling and excited, not that he was painfully cuffed.

Actually, if you listen to the video closely, this sounds like exactly what Ryan was joking about. As I hear it, he says, "I hope he took his blood pressure medication, he's apparently a little worked up." If you watch, it is clearly after the guy has been removed from the room, as everything is pretty calmed down. I highly doubt Ryan knew the extent of what security did to this guy. This video doesn't really prove anything.

MrColin

Platinum Member
May 21, 2003
He interrupted Ryan in mid sentence. Of course he should not be allowed to do so. If people started to shout over Obama every time he says anything, I am sure your tune would change.

If they had something worthwhile to say instead of the usual birther nonsense, I think it should be heard. The indefinite detention clauses of the latest NDAA for example are valid concerns. If Obama is talking about stealing from every working American and you think you can hold him accountable, let me know, I'll bring the rope.

The privatization of social security agenda from the right, and talk of "entitlements" is a smoke screen. I can't count the number of times I've thought to myself "I sure wish I could afford to go grocery shopping this month" as I look down at my paystub and see the thousands of dollars garnished from my pay for SS. The GOP will be all too happy to let us choose from a handful of white collar criminals to take that money. Wait, they don't have the money either, they spent it on cruise missiles and five star accommodations at the capitol.

Imagine going to a car dealership, you fork over the money and they tell you it will be ready Tuesday. You show up Tuesday and they tell you "I'm sorry, we don't have the funding for those kind of entitlements. We used your money to remodel the lobby, or Beavis lost it on his way to the bank." How polite will you be then?

Partisan bickering is for tools, its class-warfare stupid!