Looks like a lot of people dont follow much about Apple.
1. This is likely not Apple Specific, much like the Iris Pro, but it is definitely made to Apple's requirement.
2. Apple has always been using AMD graphics, the only times when they do Nvidia was to tell AMD to play nice.
3. Nvidia never worked well for Apple, Apple needs full control, that is something Jensen wont give up on.
4. Apple also write their own Graphics drivers, or at least in deep collaboration with AMD. This actually goes further back to the ATI era.
5. In GPU, hardware is cheap, software is expensive. It is highly likely Apple dont want another GPU drivers stack to work with ( Nvidia ).
6. Those who continue to say Apple has little to no volume, despite its pricing and focus on higher end segment, Apple is the 5th largest PC vendor in the world, and this year they might enter Top 3 Vendor in market revenue.
7. In an recent interview, the number given out for Mac were 80% Notebook and 20% Desktop. I dont think there is any argument that Intel has always had the better Mobile CPU, and 10nm version coming soon. Hence why AMD APU didn't get the chance.
8. To an earlier post has mentioned this, The biggest threat to Intel is ARM, i would argue the biggest thread to both Intel and AMD is ARM. Microsoft has already announced their plan for Windows on ARM. Intel knows Microsoft has always tried but failed, their execution has never been good, and with a few moves and tricks they could get Microsoft tamed. On the other hand they know if Apple decide to switch to ARM, they will move earth and mountains to get it done, and there will be no turning back. Then Intel would have themselves kickstarted the biggest avalanche to x86.
9. Hence it is mutual benefits to both AMD and Intel, they both need to milk the x86 for as long as possible. GPU only makes you so much money, x86 is their real deal.
10. It is highly likely to be a custom Polaris, given Intel's time frame of 2018 1Q, i doubt a custom Vega were made and started 6 - 9 months ago.
11. This would give a single fan cooling design to use for Macbook Pro 13, MBP 15 will likely continue to have a dual fan design for CPU and GPU sperated.
12. I wonder what Macbook will use? Continue to use of iGPU from Intel? ( Hell no, please )
13. In case you are wondering, Apple is making way into AR and VR, hence the need for powerful GPU. Highly unlikely they have gaming in mind. ( PLEASE PROOF ME WRONG )
14. Given Intel will have to have their design fits to EMIB, i wonder if they took the chance to make custom die, no GPU included..... and might as well have an memory controller that support 32GB Memory...........