CONFESSION: I LIKE THIN GIRLS.

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

AbAbber2k

Diamond Member
Mar 1, 2005
"15 pounds overweight" to me means "15 pounds in all the wrong places." If she's 15lbs heavier than AVERAGE but most of that is in her D cup and her ghetto booty... I'm not gonna complain. There's a big difference between weight from muscle and/or T&A and weight from a belly.

There are plenty of athletic girls who are heavier than you'd guess (or maybe not due to social conditioning) but look great simply because muscle weighs more than fat.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
my wife is thin, after the baby she's more womanly now. I feed her like woah so she keeps that shape now :p

imported_Pablo

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2002
Originally posted by: AbAbber2k
"15 pounds overweight" to me means "15 pounds in all the wrong places." If she's 15lbs heavier than AVERAGE but most of that is in her D cup and her ghetto booty... I'm not gonna complain. There's a big difference between weight from muscle and/or T&A and weight from a belly.

There are plenty of athletic girls who are heavier than you'd guess (or maybe not due to social conditioning) but look great simply because muscle weighs more than fat.

That's why I like "thin" girls and not "light" girls. The pounds aren't really the issue.

pinion9

Banned
May 5, 2005
Why is this even an argument? It is like arguing over the fact that I like orange juice and you like tang.

Confession: I like curvy girls with a little extra weight, even if there is a little belly.

Confession: I can't stand HEAVY girls that have a hard time folding their legs when sitting, or get winded walking a half mile.

Confession: I cannot stand tall, thin girls. I find them totally unattractive. 6 foot and 130. I'd rather have 5'2 and 130.

Confession: My best friend loves the tall girls, even if they have no curves and an ugly face. Inexplicable, and he knows it, but he loves them.

Confession: I love penne pasta with arrabiata sauce. It is spicy, and I like it better than Prego.

It is all about taste. To say that someone who has a few extra pounds is ugly is shallow. To say you are attracted to skinny girls is not shallow.

Yes, you can concede that someone is attractive by general standards, yet you aren't attracted to them.

IceBergSLiM

Lifer
Jul 11, 2000
Originally posted by: Pablo
Originally posted by: IcebergSlim
What would you do if you met the girl of dreams in all aspects except that she was 15 pounds over weight.

Being 15 lbs overweight would make her unattractive to me in several areas. She wouldn't be the girl of my dreams. Unless it was a temporary thing where she had a reason, like an injury that prevented her from being as active as she was normally.

how old are you

can we have pics of the last 4 girls you dated.

SophalotJack

Banned
Jan 6, 2006
biased poll question.... thin != fit.

I love fit girls... if they are thin than yay some more.

But girls that just don't eat are not my style.

imported_Pablo

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2002
What would you do if you met the girl of dreams in all aspects except that she was 15 pounds over weight.

Being 15 lbs overweight would make her unattractive to me in several areas. She wouldn't be the girl of my dreams. Unless it was a temporary thing where she had a reason, like an injury that prevented her from being as active as she was normally.

how old are you

can we have pics of the last 4 girls you dated.

Sure! You first.

magomago

Lifer
Sep 28, 2002
Hmmm...

I think this:

Ultimately it doesn't matter to me. I really don't care how thin or how big a person is. What IS important to me is the lifestyle of a person - but only to a specific degree that I want to explain.

A person has to care about their own body the way we care about our PCs and Cars, etc. because it ultimately is a machine. That doesn't mean that it HAS to look one way, but it means that an effort has to be put in to keeping that heart pumping, to keeping our leve of health up. A person does not have to be ripped to be healthy or have flat abs, and more often than not this doesn't apply to "thin girls" because they are too busy thinking everything they will eat will make them fat and some rush to run on a treadmill after eating what amounts to nearly nothing. They, to me, are unhealthy simply because they do not make concrete efforts to ensure their body is getting all it needs. A lifestyle like that is unsustainable, and surely later on they will get sick of it and allow a worse type of lifestyle to affect them, which will ultimately lead to the atrophy of their muscles, the loss of bone density, increase of problems assosciated with lethargy...thus effectively making them "fat".
Being healthy is someting that shows the effect of the body 5% on the outside, and 95% on the inside...and the inside is much more easily affected than the outside.

I'm not a thin ripped guy, but I try to do physical exerscise 3x a week or so and I DO have a belly. Sometimes I can go go 1x a week, and other times i can get up to 5x during the week. I will play lots of tennis, run 4-5 miles , do tai chi, racquetball and a variety of other things because of two reasons:
a) As a Biomedical Engineer I understand the physiological IMPORTANCE of trying to keep myself fit. I understand what the effects of being over weight are on our body from basic back mechanics to the way our body biologically deals with doing someting such as eating too fast. And to be honest -- being too overweight with no physical exerscise isn't a good thing.
There is a health incentive, which is ultimately the BIGGEST key factor, to exerscising and wanting to stay fit.
b) To help yourself feel good about yourself. This isn't about showing off or wearing tight cloths to attract people (which i actually don't like) but the pure biological fact that exerscise will cause you to have "natural highs" more often, and that sunlight elevates your endorphin levels. Tell me who has worked out and REALLLY did not enjoy it afterwards? Or better put, who has exerscised for about 2 weeks continuously and then found they didn't like it?

There are MANY benefits to staying active...but to be active doesn't mean you are thin. Give me a person who is not the thinnest around, but makes a REALISTIC effort to exerscise (ie: not 7x a day for 2 hours...later on in life it gets too hard to maintain that when we get so busy) so that later in life they can minimize loss of muscle tissue, loss of bone density, myelin degeneration, high cholesterol OVER the girl who is extremely thin but is adversely affecting her health when you know that ultimately her lifestyle cannot be sustained and she will bloat up because she WILL eat more in the future.

If a girl doesn't see that importance as well, then there might be a problem because if they aren' willing to attempt to stay HEALTHY (i seperate this from tin b/c many thin women are not healthy) now, what makes them want to stay healthy later? so a girl weighing 300 lbs now, I don't see any change in the future and I would see a compatability issue. But at the SAME time, a twig also violates that rule to me if it is apparant that they are not healthy because to much exersicse and too little food affects you adversely...and what is to say that she isn't just trying to "nab" a guy and then later get lazy?

Its about being trying to be healthy, not trying to look thin. And people with bellies (like me) are much more healthy than guys or girls who are proud of their size zero and eat lettuce all day long...because one kns how to make life enjoyable and long lasting whereas the other is totally clueless and potentially shallow.

dainthomas

Lifer
Dec 7, 2004

how old are you

Ahh, that explains it.

imported_Pablo

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2002
Originally posted by: dainthomas

how old are you

Ahh, that explains it.

Care to contribute any more? What does it explain? Or are you trying to say that the older you get, the less attractive thin girls are?

IceBergSLiM

Lifer
Jul 11, 2000

how old are you

Ahh, that explains it.

Care to contribute any more? What does it explain? Or are you trying to say that the older you get, the less attractive thin girls are?

can you please post pics of your ex's so we can rip your taste in women apart.

T9D

Diamond Member
Dec 1, 2001
I can't stand chunky or fat women. It's just nasty. And I just dont have much respect for anyone who lets their body go or has no self control. That then make them even less attractive to me.

That's how I feel and I have that right. I can't make myself find something attractive that I dont. If I'm looking at a house I can't see that it's all broken down and dirty and smelly and make myself find it attractive (not that fat people are dirty and smelly, you get my point though).

Now that being said I have been very attracted to women that other guys thought were only average looking faces. But they were at least thin and in shape. So I'm not just unreasonable in what I find attractive. I just dont like women that are fat or chunky.

I find it really sad how in places like here in the USA that there are so many fat women and men that it's become "normal" that people think normal is 20 - 30 pounds overwight and expect everyone else to think that also.

Alex

Diamond Member
Oct 26, 1999
Originally posted by: giantpinkbunnyhead
I'm the same way. I'm not gonna get involved with someone I'm not attracted to mentally AND physically. And fat just doesn't do it for me. But again... neither do toothpicks. I like trim yet curvy.

same here... alhough i have dated girls that were borderline and who kinda packed a few lbs during the relationship... it didn't really bother me cause i really liked her though!

:)

imported_Pablo

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2002
Originally posted by: magomago
Hmmm...

I think this:

Ultimately it doesn't matter to me. I really don't care how thin or how big a person is. What IS important to me is the lifestyle of a person - but only to a specific degree that I want to explain.

A person has to care about their own body the way we care about our PCs and Cars, etc. because it ultimately is a machine. That doesn't mean that it HAS to look one way, but it means that an effort has to be put in to keeping that heart pumping, to keeping our leve of health up. A person does not have to be ripped to be healthy or have flat abs, and more often than not this doesn't apply to "thin girls" because they are too busy thinking everything they will eat will make them fat and some rush to run on a treadmill after eating what amounts to nearly nothing. They, to me, are unhealthy simply because they do not make concrete efforts to ensure their body is getting all it needs. A lifestyle like that is unsustainable, and surely later on they will get sick of it and allow a worse type of lifestyle to affect them, which will ultimately lead to the atrophy of their muscles, the loss of bone density, increase of problems assosciated with lethargy...thus effectively making them "fat".
Being healthy is someting that shows the effect of the body 5% on the outside, and 95% on the inside...and the inside is much more easily affected than the outside.

I'm not a thin ripped guy, but I try to do physical exerscise 3x a week or so and I DO have a belly. Sometimes I can go go 1x a week, and other times i can get up to 5x during the week. I will play lots of tennis, run 4-5 miles , do tai chi, racquetball and a variety of other things because of two reasons:
a) As a Biomedical Engineer I understand the physiological IMPORTANCE of trying to keep myself fit. I understand what the effects of being over weight are on our body from basic back mechanics to the way our body biologically deals with doing someting such as eating too fast. And to be honest -- being too overweight with no physical exerscise isn't a good thing.
There is a health incentive, which is ultimately the BIGGEST key factor, to exerscising and wanting to stay fit.
b) To help yourself feel good about yourself. This isn't about showing off or wearing tight cloths to attract people (which i actually don't like) but the pure biological fact that exerscise will cause you to have "natural highs" more often, and that sunlight elevates your endorphin levels. Tell me who has worked out and REALLLY did not enjoy it afterwards? Or better put, who has exerscised for about 2 weeks continuously and then found they didn't like it?

There are MANY benefits to staying active...but to be active doesn't mean you are thin. Give me a person who is not the thinnest around, but makes a REALISTIC effort to exerscise (ie: not 7x a day for 2 hours...later on in life it gets too hard to maintain that when we get so busy) so that later in life they can minimize loss of muscle tissue, loss of bone density, myelin degeneration, high cholesterol OVER the girl who is extremely thin but is adversely affecting her health when you know that ultimately her lifestyle cannot be sustained and she will bloat up because she WILL eat more in the future.

If a girl doesn't see that importance as well, then there might be a problem because if they aren' willing to attempt to stay HEALTHY (i seperate this from tin b/c many thin women are not healthy) now, what makes them want to stay healthy later? so a girl weighing 300 lbs now, I don't see any change in the future and I would see a compatability issue. But at the SAME time, a twig also violates that rule to me if it is apparant that they are not healthy because to much exersicse and too little food affects you adversely...and what is to say that she isn't just trying to "nab" a guy and then later get lazy?

Its about being trying to be healthy, not trying to look thin. And people with bellies (like me) are much more healthy than guys or girls who are proud of their size zero and eat lettuce all day long...because one kns how to make life enjoyable and long lasting whereas the other is totally clueless and potentially shallow.

I totally agree that healthiness is attractive. But I can't agree with this statement

more often than not this doesn't apply to "thin girls" because they are too busy thinking everything they will eat will make them fat and some rush to run on a treadmill after eating what amounts to nearly nothing.

I know very few girls after high school who are thin that think or act that way. Thin does not equal paranoid or insecure. To us, staying in shape by working out, running, or eating healthy is just part of everyday maintenance like taking a shower or getting regular doctor checkups.

imported_Pablo

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2002

how old are you

Ahh, that explains it.

can you please post pics of your ex's so we can rip your taste in women apart.

For the second time, if you would like to post your ex's for critique, I'll post mine. It isn't what this thread is about, however.

dainthomas

Lifer
Dec 7, 2004

how old are you

Ahh, that explains it.

No, I'm just saying that fattie hating is a pretty common trait among the kids on ATOT. Not sure how you consider yourself an oppressed minority.

That said, the older you get the more you (usually) value certain emotional characteristics, and give less weight (no pun intended) to the person having a perfect body.

krunchykrome

Lifer
Dec 28, 2003

how old are you

Ahh, that explains it.

No, I'm just saying that fattie hating is a pretty common trait among the kids on ATOT. Not sure how you consider yourself an oppressed minority.

That said, the older you get the more you (usually) value certain emotional characteristics, and give less weight (no pun intended) to the person having a perfect body.

Agreed

iamwiz82

Lifer
Jan 10, 2001

how old are you

Ahh, that explains it.

Translation: The older you get the easier it becomes to settle any type of sex that may come your way.

;):p

I kid I kid

:D

imported_Pablo

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2002

how old are you

Ahh, that explains it.

I've got a great girlfriend who I totally connect with who has an attractive, thin body. I wouldn't date her if we weren't compatible. I kinda fail to see your point.

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
CONFESSION: I LIKE THIN GIRLS.
I have a confession of my own to make. I didn't read through this thread.

I would just like to say that I am attracted to a broad range of women, based on a whole interlocking matrix of factors, only one of which is my physical attraction to them.

But, again, the matrix of factors are interrelated, and it is amazing how a woman's wit and intelligence, sense of humor and demonstrated kindness (not to me, too easy to fake in the beginning, but to others, like pets or kids or random others she has nothing to gain from) can make that same woman who might have been on the cusp of "teh hotness" for me look better and better and better.

I would also like to say, the basic human body types fall along a big ol'eloooooongated bell curve. The promotion of impossibly "ideal" body types is a fantasy marketing ploy designed to make you insecure and unhappy enough to buy just about anything that you think will make you feel better.

It won't.

imported_Pablo

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2002
Originally posted by: iamwiz82

how old are you

Ahh, that explains it.

Translation: The older you get the easier it becomes to settle any type of sex that may come your way.

;):p

I kid I kid

:D

Well, that's pretty much what I was going to say... but you did it for me! :beer:

davestar

Golden Member
Oct 21, 2001

weird, i'd say fattie loving is more the norm on ATOT. nearly everyone on here (and Fark, etc) complains "she needs a sandwich" or "she has the body of a 14 year old boy". anyone who suggests otherwise is nearly gang-r@ped by the forum.

my theory is that people are conditioned to be attracted to people who reciprocate. if the majority of guys on ATOT pull in 5'2" 135 pounders, then of course they're going to defend that these girls are attractive.