[ComputerBase] Pascal is ahead of Vega in Wolfenstien's 2 worst case scenarios

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tg2708

May 23, 2013
Wow these GeForce hot fix drivers are hot garbage with gsync. I don't recommend using them. Stutters in so many other games... Running a 1070

Was about to post something similar a day after release but I concur that the game don't feel smooth at the moment.

railven

Diamond Member
Mar 25, 2010
@wolfenstein 2: Does it have two story campaigns like Wolfenstein 1 did? I'm reading game is <5 hours campaign with 2+ hours of cutscenes. Not exactly something I'd be thrilled dropping $60 on.

@NV Drivers: After the Windows 10 Fall Update, I upgraded to 388 (or something) driver and I had horrendous stuttering in the game I was currently playing. Dropped back down to 382.xx and all was better.

If I had to guess, W10 Fall Update gaffed something, I'm sort of remembering a similar issue when the last Creator Update dropped (something to do with G-sync getting borked).

Carfax83

Diamond Member
Nov 1, 2010
Wow these GeForce hot fix drivers are hot garbage with gsync. I don't recommend using them. Stutters in so many other games... Running a 1070

I'm using a G-sync 165Hz panel, and these drivers are smooth as butter with all the games I've tested so far. :confused_old:

Carfax83

Diamond Member
Nov 1, 2010
@wolfenstein 2: Does it have two story campaigns like Wolfenstein 1 did? I'm reading game is <5 hours campaign with 2+ hours of cutscenes. Not exactly something I'd be thrilled dropping $60 on.

No way is it 5hrs. It's around 15 hours or even more depending on whether you do all the extra missions or quests. Looking at Steam, I've pumped around 12 hours into it so far and I haven't even reached New Orleans yet. Right now I'm doing a side mission to kill some of the Uberkommanders.

Carfax83

Diamond Member
Nov 1, 2010
BTW, looking at the Geforce forums, a guy is claiming that the stuttering in the drivers is due to the GPU power polling in various monitoring softwares. This could be true, as I don't have any stuttering, and when I do run MSI Afterburner I don't have GPU power enabled.

So basically if you uncheck the GPU power monitoring, it should fix the stuttering issue, or just don't run any kind of monitoring software.

Source

krumme

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2009
I would like to add that cpu stress in fps game mp bm makes much sense because lowest fps often happens in combat tense critical situations where you either live or die.

I don't know to what degree that is the situation in wolfenstein? Because imo we would have to judge you perf from the same principle.

What is performance when it's most needed.

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
Anyone have a good objection to locking 2 of the 3 threads on this 1 game? We can consolidate as needed.

Reactions: tential

tential

Diamond Member
May 13, 2008
Anyone have a good objection to locking 2 of the 3 threads on this 1 game? We can consolidate as needed.
Given how this thread started and how it seems a couple of people misinterpreted the title, the various benchmarks thread is what I vote to consolidate everything to (or have the primary thread be).

Reactions: nurturedhate
Status
Not open for further replies.