Solved! Computer , shuts down, when gaming red cpu debug lights turns on fans and rgb lights are still on also only light that go out is the cpu cooler light

johnnylive88

May 9, 2020
when I first got he pc up and running every time I had to restart the pc for updates and things it would do the same thing in the video just buy me restarting it for updates I had to hit the reset button just to get it to boot again I fix that by unplugging the power cord from the back for a few mins then I can restart the pc fine and then that's when I got some games on the pc and start playing then boom cuts off every time here is a video of what it looks like when it cuts off

RYZEN 9 3900X
2080TI
32 GB
1TB SSD
MSI b450 tomahawk motherboard
Cooler Master MWE 650 White PSU

Solution
I'm going out on a limb here and shall suggest your CM MWE 650 White PSU is the culprit. Never had much faith in CM power supplies, no matter what CM claims on their packaging. Have yet to see one test out like CM represents as far as output, stability, etc.

And I'd also tend to think at 650W, esp. given the brand, that it's being pushed to its limit.

Of course, this "guess" is being made on the assumption that your other componentry, such as memory, etc., is good.

Meghan54

Lifer
Oct 18, 2009
I'm going out on a limb here and shall suggest your CM MWE 650 White PSU is the culprit. Never had much faith in CM power supplies, no matter what CM claims on their packaging. Have yet to see one test out like CM represents as far as output, stability, etc.

And I'd also tend to think at 650W, esp. given the brand, that it's being pushed to its limit.

Of course, this "guess" is being made on the assumption that your other componentry, such as memory, etc., is good.

Solution

johnnylive88

May 9, 2020

yea everyone keeps saying that i do have an 850 PSU in my old gaming pc still works fine so i may just take it out i been trying to buy one but there hard to find

aigomorla

CPU, Cases&Cooling Mod PC Gaming Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
650W PSU with a 2080ti + Ryzen 9 3900X

Sorry but this was very poor build planning.

275W for the 2080ti,
220W for the Ryzen 9

495W Approx... on a 650W PSU...

No... just No.... Very poor choice on parts...
I am going with Meghan saying i am guessing its your PSU shooting out, since the shutdown events are always under load, and most likely its your 12V rail shutting out under the high load from your GPU and CPU.

johnnylive88

May 9, 2020
650W PSU with a 2080ti + Ryzen 9 3900X

Sorry but this was very poor build planning.

275W for the 2080ti,
220W for the Ryzen 9

495W Approx... on a 650W PSU...

No... just No.... Very poor choice on parts...
I am going with Meghan saying i am guessing its your PSU shooting out, since the shutdown events are always under load, and most likely its your 12V rail shutting out under the high load from your GPU and CPU.
hi thanks, it was the PSU this was my first build so live and learn for me lol

johnnylive88

May 9, 2020

yup, it was the PSU I have an 850 in there now thankyou!

Reactions: Meghan54