Computer Case Poll

Discussion in 'Cases & Cooling' started by Macgruber, Feb 8, 2013.

?

Where do you keep your computer

1. On top of the desk

2. Under the desk

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. thm1223

thm1223 Senior member

Under the sea (desk)!

2. Macgruber

Macgruber Senior member

how often do you under the desk guys clean your case fans, cpu fans, heatsink, or inside your computer :) ?

3. bigboxes

bigboxes Golden Member

Well, my Antec P183 has intake fan filters that keeps a lot of the dust out. I give them a quick go over when I do my weekly vacuuming of my home. About every three months I open up the case and clean up the heatsinks, intakes, case fans and the whatever dust bunnies may have accumulated.

4. Absolution75

Absolution75 Senior member

desk too small

5. Macgruber

Macgruber Senior member

i blow a can of dust off weekly into mine :)
    whered you buy your fan filters from and what kind you have? i been looking to get many to line my case with

6. bigboxes

bigboxes Golden Member

Yeah, I use canned air too. The fan filters are built in the door and came with the case. FrozenCPU has lots of fan filters. I'm sure there are other sites as well.

7. Macgruber

Macgruber Senior member

I got the coolermaster HAF932 im looking for a fan filter for the GINOMORMOUS opening in the side, and one in the front as well as the slot bays :)

i had another case that had mesh stuff in the bay slot ports and on the fan filters, ill have to take a pic i cant find it online its ideally what i want to buy

its somewhat like an air conditioning filter if you know what i mean
    i just dont want something that will actually lower the airflow through these holes :S i guess i need to research some more

8. bigboxes

bigboxes Golden Member

Seems you're not alone in wanting a filter for that 230mm monster. I did find THIS on FrozenCPU. It's a 250mm filter that mounts magnetically.

9. Macgruber

Macgruber Senior member

what im worried about with these filters is the amount of air thats not going to flow through :( or maybe these fans dont have enough intake/exhaust power to be choked by the filters

either way i need alot of filters and alot of materials ^^

the front part of the case has a grill outside the fan which would need a long mesh strip, i got the side panel thats about 1ftx1ft and i got the top and bottom and back where the exhaust is :S this might not be cheap lol

edit - lol didnt even see it was 17.99 ^^ looks like the h100 cost me 130(because i overpaed in store no patience for shipping ) and the filters are going to run about 100 lmao