***Complete list of 2008 PC GAMES***

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Xavier434

Lifer
Oct 14, 2002
Originally posted by: tenshodo13
Originally posted by: Eeezee
Originally posted by: invidia
I haven't looked at it yet, but if Starcraft 2 is up there LMAO....

LOLOLOLROLFMAO SOME MORE.... it is up there. Being a Blizzard fan boy since 1994 with Warcraft 1, SC2 ISN'T coming out this year. Beta at the end of 2008 is possible, but NOT retail.

The game looks like it's almost done though. All of the races are in, the engine is built, they've already made all of the units, and they already have multiplayer support (the latest build on display allowed people to play multiplayer matches)

What else does the game need? All I can think of is a singleplayer campaign, which shouldn't take more than 6 months. Give it a 2 month beta and release.

Blizzard said that they the core stuff, buts its a hell of a long way away from release. Its probably going to be delayed till 2010.

I don't know about 2010 but ya...whenever Blizz says something like that you know it is definitely over a year away at least. I suspect either Q3 or Q4 of 2009 unless they decide to change something massive in the mean time which they have been known to do.

invidia

Platinum Member
Oct 8, 2006
Originally posted by: Xavier434
Originally posted by: tenshodo13
Originally posted by: Eeezee
Originally posted by: invidia
I haven't looked at it yet, but if Starcraft 2 is up there LMAO....

LOLOLOLROLFMAO SOME MORE.... it is up there. Being a Blizzard fan boy since 1994 with Warcraft 1, SC2 ISN'T coming out this year. Beta at the end of 2008 is possible, but NOT retail.

The game looks like it's almost done though. All of the races are in, the engine is built, they've already made all of the units, and they already have multiplayer support (the latest build on display allowed people to play multiplayer matches)

What else does the game need? All I can think of is a singleplayer campaign, which shouldn't take more than 6 months. Give it a 2 month beta and release.

Blizzard said that they the core stuff, buts its a hell of a long way away from release. Its probably going to be delayed till 2010.

I don't know about 2010 but ya...whenever Blizz says something like that you know it is definitely over a year away at least. I suspect either Q3 or Q4 of 2009 unless they decide to change something massive in the mean time which they have been known to do.

Single player campaign design is going to take a while. No information about the zerg units are released yet. Zergs are still in its design/testing phase. Last I hear (December 2007), they were still in early alpha stage. Beta will last at least a good 3-4 months, mainly for balancing issues. (Battle.net type servers are very cheap to maintain, so a long beta would not cost them much unlike a WoW beta).

Q3/Q4 2009 would be a reasonable release date. Anytime after Q2 2010 would be abnormal for Blizzard. I kept track of their announce dates and release dates for their games since Warcraft 3. It's usually 2.5-3 years after announcement that they will likely release the game.

Zenoth

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2005
It's a decent list, I've seen much worse, but it's nothing compared to 2007. With that said, most of the games I want will be released very soon (this month). In fact, one of them has been released today, which is Warhammer 40,000: DoW -Soulstorm-. And then will soon follow Kane's Wrath, which I just can't wait for. And then, perhaps in a few months, STALKER: Clear Sky, which in my opinion has the potential to be the best of 2008. But I must say that within all that list, the only one that I am *very* excited about and hyped for is nothing else than Fallout 3. And, to be honest, I could care less about StarCraft 2.