Compact Gaming Rig Recommendations

Ninjahedge

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2005
Hey all. Have not seen (or heard) from most of you in a while.

Jobs, a decent system and 3 kids can do that to you.

Anyway, I am looking at a 4+ year old I5 system (5300?) in a silverstone case with a 960 card that is startingto see its age.

I got the original spec from here and it worked well, although the 960 upgrade was so cramped that I had to take the plastic casing off the fand and un-mount the motherboard to fit it!

Anyway, thing is, I am looking at a decent mid range system (replacement) that can work with three (existing) monitors. All peripherals are a go, but I would like to have at least 3 HDMI connections and MANY USB connections.

I am also looking for a decent SSD setup, coming from a 1TB Samsung as my root drive and a 2GB disk drive for a data drive (and a Synergy RAID server for bulk server).

So what I am asking here is a startup for a new shoebox gaming system. All the other ones I have Googled seem to go for mini towers, but I do not want to go back to that.

Any suggestions, links or recommendations are appreciated.

Ninjahedge

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2005
My god I am senile....

I posted the same thing in February... I subscribed to this one though!

Please answer either! ;)

Nvidiaguy07

Platinum Member
Feb 22, 2008
Whats your budget?

If you wanted to build your own, I built my girlfriend a relatively small PC inside a P50 case. Was able to even fit my old 970 even though the specs said it was too long. Nothing special, and might be too big for you, but it suited us well.

I have a 1st gen alienware steam machine that I installed an SSD to, and installed windows on that im pretty happy with. The newer versions look pretty decent (with the 960 installed), but im unsure about how many display and usb outs they new ones have. (Why not get a hub?)

If you are willing to spend the money, the Corsair one looks pretty nice. Its very compact, and is powerful.