come at me bros. i hate breakfast food!!!!!

evident

Lifer
Apr 5, 2005
Why do people look at me weird if I told them i reheated my pork chop from dinner and ate it for breakfast? Or ate some left over pizza or leftover indian? Or if I had some chicken noodle soup for breakfast instead of eating a fucking bagel with cream cheese, cereal or scrambled eggs?! No! I Don't want oatmeal! I want to eat fried chicken for breakfast! I have 3 meals to enjoy during the day. I dont want to waste my calories eating this high carb bullshit that i dont even enjoy!

why are there so many preconceived notions of what a breakfast food should be? I do like bacon though.

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
Breakfast food is my favorite food, but I wouldn't turn my nose up at a porkchop or pizza.

Reactions: pete6032

evident

Lifer
Apr 5, 2005
Breakfast food is my favorite food, but I wouldn't turn my nose up at a porkchop or pizza.
Can you please define your definition of breakfast food. is it limited to the things i've said above? egg things (scrambled, over easy, whatever), sausages, bacon, biscuits, cereal, oatmeal / cream of wheat, bread / bagels? I just find all of them so repetetive and tiresome. my wife loves breakfast food but I really dont care for it and recently have gone out of my way to clean out the fridge of leftovers as it seems like we always have leftovers that go uneaten

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
The ideal breakfast for me would be eggs, potatoes, and some kind of pig. In cool weather, I also like steel cut oats with just salt and butter. I don't typically eat pancakes/waffles, but I like them every so often. Cereal is never for breakfast. That's a snack that pretends to be healthy, usually at night.

edit:
What breakfast usually is, is either a microwave sandwich from aldi, or two mystery meat sausages, and a vegetarian sausage patty. That's during the week when I'm getting ready for work.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
One of the best parts of living alone is eating what you want, when you want.

I tend to only eat one meal per day as well since I'm never hungry in the morning and sometimes I stretch it out long enough and eat lunch late, so by supper time I'm not hungry either. Probably a bad habit though...

Reactions: Captante

[DHT]Osiris

Lifer
Dec 15, 2015
Breakfast doesn't have to be carby. My breakfast for 99% of the last 15 years has just been an over medium egg with some bacon, and maybe some fried bread. If you really want to go crazy, add some green hot sauce to it, that's a good way to kick the morning off.

I do have a special place for Aretha Frankenstein pancakes, those are fantastic.

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999
Cold Pizza is a breakfast food, so not sure what you are talking about OP.

I like breakfast food every now and then, but I get sick of it quickly if I'm somewhere I can get it every day. Omelettes are my favorite, no carbs there, besides what's in the onion/pepper.

Iron Woode

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 10, 1999
Why do people look at me weird if I told them i reheated my pork chop from dinner and ate it for breakfast? Or ate some left over pizza or leftover indian? Or if I had some chicken noodle soup for breakfast instead of eating a fucking bagel with cream cheese, cereal or scrambled eggs?! No! I Don't want oatmeal! I want to eat fried chicken for breakfast! I have 3 meals to enjoy during the day. I dont want to waste my calories eating this high carb bullshit that i dont even enjoy!

why are there so many preconceived notions of what a breakfast food should be? I do like bacon though.
99% of people don't care what you eat for breakfast. The other 1% should just be ignored and you should live your life as you see fit.

My .02 cents worth.

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
breakfast while working is usually two home made egg mcmuffins...hit's the spot every time, i've become so efficient at it that i can make and eat them in my 15 minute break

love eggs , eggs/spam and rice are another favourite of mine, soaking up that yolk with the rice is awesome

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Cold black tea, multi-vitamin and a blueberry-almond Kind bar.

Every once in awhile blueberry pancakes! :D

Exterous

Super Moderator
Jun 20, 2006
My metabolism couldn't quite handle my old eating habits and I started slowly gaining weight. One option was to cut back on alcohol, pizza, chips etc.

Instead breakfast these days consists only of black or green tea. I'm comfortable with my decision

snoopy7548

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2005
Breakfast is my favorite meal because there is so much variety. Savory? Sweet? You can have a nice omelette with home fries, bacon/sausage, and toast/jelly, or you could have french toast with some fruit, and everything in between.

Once you add in coffee, there's really no competition.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Breakfast is my favorite meal because there is so much variety. Savory? Sweet? You can have a nice omelette with home fries, bacon/sausage, and toast/jelly, or you could have french toast with some fruit, and everything in between.

Once you add in coffee, there's really no competition.
Yeah hard to beat brunch back in the before times.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
Eat whatever you want, who cares about breakfast traditions in one country vs another. Eat whatever you like whenever. Eggs & bacon only became a standard breakfast because of a marketing campaign anyway.

That being said, a good eggs benedict is truly a thing of beauty. So is steak and eggs. A solid corned beef hash with eggs and home fries, also excellent. The eggs should be up or over easy or poached, poached of course for Benedict. Eggs should never be over medium or over hard. Hard boiled only for egg salad. Runny egg yolks are a gift from baby jeebus. Omelettes should be soft and runny on the inside like a proper French omelette or Japanese omurice. If you want to overcook eggs just don't eat them, it's offensive. If you are going to eat breakfast foods, at any time of day, you must do it right. The time is not the issue, the preparation is :)

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
You are doing it right. Leftovers, it's what's for Breakfast - [/BigRefrigeration]

Speaking of Breakfast though, I recently discovered the wisdom of the Individual Portion boxed Variety Pack cereal. It's like having a quarter(est) of the Cereal aisle in your Home. I felt Decadent.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
fried chicken or porkchops isn't really that far off from what "breakfast food" is commonly accepted to be.

breakfast also isn't great for you if you are trying to lose weight. wake up time--"after the fast"--is when your body is ready to start processing your fat reserves for needed energy; so it's generally better to skip it altogether and let your body go whole hog on your....hog stores.

sactoking

Diamond Member
Sep 24, 2007
I had leftover homemade chicken parm for breakfast today and it was still crispy, even after a stint in the fridge and a reheat in the ol' nuke box.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
You are doing it right. Leftovers, it's what's for Breakfast - [/BigRefrigeration]

Speaking of Breakfast though, I recently discovered the wisdom of the Individual Portion boxed Variety Pack cereal. It's like having a quarter(est) of the Cereal aisle in your Home. I felt Decadent.

we used to get cases of those for our family beach vacations way back when. I always thought the little cereal boxes were the coolest things ever. Always felt super special when I had access to them.