come at me bros. i hate breakfast food!!!!!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Eat whatever you want, who cares about breakfast traditions in one country vs another. Eat whatever you like whenever. Eggs & bacon only became a standard breakfast because of a marketing campaign anyway.

That being said, a good eggs benedict is truly a thing of beauty. So is steak and eggs. A solid corned beef hash with eggs and home fries, also excellent. The eggs should be up or over easy or poached, poached of course for Benedict. Eggs should never be over medium or over hard. Hard boiled only for egg salad. Runny egg yolks are a gift from baby jeebus. Omelettes should be soft and runny on the inside like a proper French omelette or Japanese omurice. If you want to overcook eggs just don't eat them, it's offensive. If you are going to eat breakfast foods, at any time of day, you must do it right. The time is not the issue, the preparation is :)

Eggs benedict + Bloody Mary = perfect West Coast bar eats for those glorious 10AM NFL start times. Man, I loved those mornings.

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
I've settled on a breakfast of fish+eggs+calcium source.

I'm such a starch addict even plain French toast with no flavoring can suffice the times I want carbs.

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
Those individual boxes of cereal... Too small! Also, any other geezers remember when they came with instructions for slicing the box open and the inner waxed paper bag, and using that as the bowl?

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Those individual boxes of cereal... Too small! Also, any other geezers remember when they came with instructions for slicing the box open and the inner waxed paper bag, and using that as the bowl?
That was how we ate breakfast on family camping trips. I think it worked out to three boxes per kid.