• Guest, The rules for the P & N subforum have been updated to prohibit "ad hominem" or personal attacks against other posters. See the full details in the post "Politics and News Rules & Guidelines."

coffee upsets my stomach

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

IGBT

Lifer
Jul 16, 2001
..no. just take a dump/pzz and get it overwith and enjoy your coffee.

imported_Imp

Diamond Member
Dec 20, 2005
Nope, but tea upsets my stomach in the morning. For a few days I trid having something warm to drink before going to school/work, and I felt like crap all morning. Coffee, I'm ok with, but I usually just go for milk to shut up the bowels.

Descartes

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Caffeine is a stimulant. I believe for many it stimulates the bowels in that manner. I have that problem every once in a while, but not everytime. Never figured out what really caused it.

Otaking

Diamond Member
Mar 13, 2000
Likewise, my stomach gets upset from both Coke (Coca-Cola) and Coffee. Ugh.

But they all taste so good!

AMCRambler

Diamond Member
Jan 23, 2001
Coffee gives me acid reflux but you don't see me making threads and whining about it on ATOT. Eat a Rolaid, man up and get over it. Gees! And yes, caffeine makes you pee.

MrBlahh

Sep 15, 2004
Yep, coffee and to a lesser extent energy drinks make me poo if I havent gone already that day. It sucks during the week since I cant drink coffee in the morning (Not a big fan of pooing outside my house) and there are some days where I could really use the caffeine jolt. On the other hand its great on the weekends if Im doing something like going to an amusement park. Ill just wake up a little early and have a few cups...Its almost guaranteed to work.

Aquila76

Diamond Member
Apr 11, 2004
www.facebook.com
Originally posted by: QuantumPion
My bet is lactose intolerance due to the creamer. I first discovered I was lactose intolerant after drinking frappacinos on my way to work and having bloating, cramps, and if it was really bad, diarrhea soon after arriving :eek:

Black coffee in general gives me a slight upset stomach in the morning anyway, but I think thats due to drinking a bitter acidic liquid on an empty stomach.
That's what i was gonna point to. Cream, especially from those counter-top aluminum dispensers that most places use, can go into turbo-lax mode very quickly. Try using a fake cream or drinking it black.

Have you tried those low- or no-acid coffees? There's a few available at most grocery stores.

Oceandevi

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2006
Originally posted by: Zysoclaplem
Since I started drinking coffee, I have gained 2 inches in length on my penis, and my love life has never been better.
Is that a gay penis or a normal one?

nonameo

Diamond Member
Mar 13, 2006
it's either the caffeine or the linseed oil. The oil is there to preserve the flavor, I think. Also, lactose intolerance FTL if you are.

Anyways, you can get both caffeine free and linseed oil free coffee. Try one, the other, and both.

ASK THE COMMUNITY