CoD:MW2 theory - Christmas noobs?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
Ya.. As discussed to death, there are many reasons why Im glad I never bought it. Matchmaking is retarded for a fps. The game is super noob and requires little skill because of how the game runs and the no recoil.... Id bet theres a billion hackers in it now, which just makes me laugh when they claimed it would be "hacker free".

For all who play it and enjoy it, congrats, but I wont be buying that anytime soon.

the game runs fine most of the time and there certainly is recoil in the game. if there isn't supposed to be then my copy is fucked up.

Fallengod

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2001
Its a very small amount of recoil and headshots kill with 1 bullet, which makes any game fairly noob, especially the way mw2 plays...

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
Its a very small amount of recoil and headshots kill with 1 bullet, which makes any game fairly noob, especially the way mw2 plays...

Then my game is broken because there's way more than a very small amount of recoil. Headshots kill with 1 bullet in pretty much EVERY FPS game ever made...

NoSoup4You

Golden Member
Feb 12, 2007
Most of the guns are basically laser beams. You can out-snipe a sniper with any of the assault rifles with ease in most cases. Also, the ACR literally has zero recoil, the gun never moves while firing full auto.

With that said, most of the other guns do have a little bit of jump to them, but it's rather minimal in most cases. Some guns, like the Barrett and the Desert Eagle do have serious kick though.

Joemonkey

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2001
I just put together a great asshole class, any gun w/ noobtube, scavenger, ninja pro, danger close, claymores... almost overpowered

Rezident

Nov 30, 2009
There are so many cheap ways to kill people in this game its not funny. Commando + Lightweight + Marathon fucking sucks. I hate those guys that run around the whole map knifing people. The worst part is that you can see them coming at you, unload a whole mag into them and they still knife you from 15 feet away. .

So true, it makes a mockery of the 'modern warfare' part of the game when you're machine-gunning someone and despite actually shooting them a few times they're able to sprint through the bullets and one-hit you dead everytime. SO MANY cheap kills in this game.

shrumpage

Golden Member
Mar 1, 2004
I just put together a great asshole class, any gun w/ noobtube, scavenger, ninja pro, danger close, claymores... almost overpowered

Add the RPG to that, and you can mop up (if you don't kill yourself) in any large scale game.

For domination I'll swap in C4. You can drop two packs, at separate flags. When the alert comes through one is being captured, double tap reload.

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
I don't know if it's lag or what, but I'm getting really tired of shooting a guy point blank in the face with a shotgun or hitting the knife button and it not registering the button press, or i see the shot go off on my screen but yet when you watch the kill cam, you never see yourself shoot.

FuzzyDunlop

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2008
I could mop up in COD:4 but for some reason in MW2 Im just getting owned consistently.
I've found that Hardcore matches are a little less hectic, and more skill based. I dont understand why they dont have an 18 person HC game.

Some problems with this game:\
1) No dedicated servers
2) Hackers. everywhere. everytime. boring
3) the whole shoot a guy three times intheface and hes still running bullshit lag thing.
4) small maps, small games.

is there a new game similar to 1942 ever coming out?

badnewcastle

Golden Member
Jun 30, 2004
I could mop up in COD:4 but for some reason in MW2 Im just getting owned consistently.
I've found that Hardcore matches are a little less hectic, and more skill based. I dont understand why they dont have an 18 person HC game.

Some problems with this game:\
1) No dedicated servers
2) Hackers. everywhere. everytime. boring
3) the whole shoot a guy three times intheface and hes still running bullshit lag thing.
4) small maps, small games.

is there a new game similar to 1942 ever coming out?

1) Over it.
2) Stick with it soon you'll be called a hacker..
3) I'm sure you've been shot 3 times and some poor kid is crying to his parents because you didn't die...
4) It's a different game then COD: 4 run more shoot more/use less skill.

digitaldurandal

Golden Member
Dec 3, 2009
The way it is currently set up having 3 bars means over 150 ping. You can change your config to show ten bars

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
Glitch in the game? yeah some of those are next to impossible

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
I'm an XMas Noob, however, for the moment y'all have been spared due to a Hardware issue on my end. My C: Drive is failing(developing Bad Sectors) which seems to consistently affect IE, which causes Steam to crash, which prevents me from playing MW2. :D

Problem will soon be rectified though. :eek:

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
I don't know just looks like a bunch of clips lucky of knife kills strung together. I think luck could be in that. We've all had kills like that.

yeah maybe 1 out of 100 games. this guy played for 2 days and got that many lucky kills?

he needs to play the lottery in that case.