CoD:MW2 theory - Christmas noobs?

Joemonkey

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2001
I played 4 games of CoD:MW2 tonight and averaged a 3:1 k:d ratio, which is WAY MORE than my 0.65 lifetime ratio. Did a lot of noobs get this for Christmas which allows me to pwn them? It wasn't like everyone was level 10 or below, there were a good mix of level 30's, 40's, etc.

I mean one match I was 20-4-16 but the other were more like 16-4-4 type games... I quit while I was ahead, didn't want to end the play session on a low note!

Does anyone else notice that when you have 3 bars you tend to suck a lot worse than when you have 4? I swear I can shoot a guy 42 times in the face and he turns and sees me and shoots me once, then i watch the kill cam and it looks like I never even shot at the guy. Does lag have THAT much of an effect on the PC version of the game?

Regs

Lifer
Aug 9, 2002
Yeah, the lag penalty for CODMW2 is why I stopped playing it. The hit detection is decided by the hosts computer and you can kill a guy who is ducking behind a 10 foot steel wall and kill him. There is always lag, but MW2 is damn ridicules.

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
Send those noobs my way...i get raped in most games. In previous FPS games I'm generally able to get more kills than deaths, but with MW2, it seems like I get more deaths than kills. I still like the game despite the problems I find.

There are so many cheap ways to kill people in this game its not funny. Commando + Lightweight + Marathon fucking sucks. I hate those guys that run around the whole map knifing people. The worst part is that you can see them coming at you, unload a whole mag into them and they still knife you from 15 feet away. Hell, I don't think commando works for me. Every time I try to knife someone its like the button is broken or it doesn't register. And when I use commando, I can NEVER knife someone from 15 feet away, let alone run right at them while they are shooting me and knife them.

I don't usually have much trouble with lag, but I always love watching the killcam and seeing that the bullets land like 3 feet away but still hit me or i'll be behind a wall (impenetrable) or something but yet it still hits me.

I read somewhere that it takes 4 shots to kill someone. I don't think this is accurate or maybe not accurate for all guns. Some guns I can do the 3-4 shots and they die but others take half a mag or more. Even with the more damaging guns, it sometimes takes a long time to kill someone.

I seem to end up spawning in front of the enemy team more and more often now too.

DangerAardvark

Diamond Member
Oct 22, 2004
Lag was bad in COD4 too. I'd come around a corner and squeeze off 5 rounds to the chest of a guy, die, then look at the killcam and it would show me not firing at all.

Joemonkey

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2001
I had no idea lag played such a big part. I'm tempted at this point to quit all games I'm in unless I have 4 bars, I have enough trouble killing people as it is, I don't need 1 more hinderance

Oakenfold

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2001
It's quite common for an influx of noobs for popular games around holidays. My wife made similar comments about l4d2 (not safe to post, just picture a really hot gamer chic throwing insults at the "pubbers")..

Regs

Lifer
Aug 9, 2002
The worst part is that you can see them coming at you, unload a whole mag into them and they still knife you from 15 feet away. Hell, I don't think commando works for me. Every time I try to knife someone its like the button is broken or it doesn't register. And when I use commando, I can NEVER knife someone from 15 feet away, let alone run right at them while they are shooting me and knife them.

Those are usually people using the auto-knife bot. It's a lot easier when you know where the people are as well.

Farfrumhumpn

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
Hey look, more reasons for me to stay with my CoD4 :) I'm soo not regretting not hopping on the MW2 train.

As far as your K/D. If you have CoD4 and want to improve your skills I can set up a 1v1 and we can play a few rounds over the course of a few days and I can show you how to be a better player. I've helped many peeps and I have no problem taking the time if it means there might be one more person to pose a challange onlien :)

Now is the time for MoH to stirke back.

Modular

Diamond Member
Jul 1, 2005
Forcing people to host a game on their local computer is absolute madness. Half the games you play are probably hosted on a 768k down 128k up DSL connection!

Not to mention, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if there's a way to hack into the "server" computer and release nasties to everyone connected by now.

ViviTheMage

Lifer
Dec 12, 2002
madgenius.com
I got 4 nukes over the weekend, good stuff.

The game is too easy, since I started i've gone at least 3:1 every game...except when hackers come in.

NoSoup4You

Golden Member
Feb 12, 2007
Marathon/Lightweight/Commando is definitely broken and you don't need some knife bot or whatever to rack up the kills with it. That combo is just flat out too strong and impossible to counter at times. It does take some decent tactics to be REALLY good with it, but for the most part you're so fast that even when people see you they can't get enough bullets in you before you stab 'em.

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
I got 4 nukes over the weekend, good stuff.

The game is too easy, since I started i've gone at least 3:1 every game...except when hackers come in.

I don't understand why the nuke is in the game. It ends the map immediately as it kills everyone, even your teammates. Other than a "cool" factor, it has no point.

Joemonkey

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2001
.65 kill to death ratio?

Ouch, I am glad I don't suck at video games

I don't "suck" per say, but I really shouldn't run around in the open as much as I do. What really pisses me off is how close they spawn enemies to you when you kill them. I literally killed a guy, then he respawned, ran to where I killed him, and he got the game winning kill because of that. The countdown even showed him getting killed, respawning, running to his corpse, and killing me... wtf is with this spawn logic?

NoSoup4You

Golden Member
Feb 12, 2007
This game really punishes you for charging in, my KD was .95 all the way up level 35. It's been a long road but I've finally gotten it up to 1.20 now at level 60. But I'm playing more defensively now and of course there's the previously mentioned Christmas noobs to help pad my score.

Last edited:

evident

Lifer
Apr 5, 2005
Send those noobs my way...i get raped in most games. In previous FPS games I'm generally able to get more kills than deaths, but with MW2, it seems like I get more deaths than kills. I still like the game despite the problems I find.

There are so many cheap ways to kill people in this game its not funny. Commando + Lightweight + Marathon fucking sucks. I hate those guys that run around the whole map knifing people. The worst part is that you can see them coming at you, unload a whole mag into them and they still knife you from 15 feet away. Hell, I don't think commando works for me. Every time I try to knife someone its like the button is broken or it doesn't register. And when I use commando, I can NEVER knife someone from 15 feet away, let alone run right at them while they are shooting me and knife them.

I don't usually have much trouble with lag, but I always love watching the killcam and seeing that the bullets land like 3 feet away but still hit me or i'll be behind a wall (impenetrable) or something but yet it still hits me.

I read somewhere that it takes 4 shots to kill someone. I don't think this is accurate or maybe not accurate for all guns. Some guns I can do the 3-4 shots and they die but others take half a mag or more. Even with the more damaging guns, it sometimes takes a long time to kill someone.

I seem to end up spawning in front of the enemy team more and more often now too.

seems like this games caters towards noobs just like the first MW did.

Chaotic42

Lifer
Jun 15, 2001
Probably. I picked it up, begrudgingly, after all of my friends did around Christmas (we're all adults). I'm ready for it to stop being the "thing to do", because I suck at it so badly that I get yelled at in just about every match.

I think you have to be a 13 year old on meth to be able to play this game effectively.

I hope they all pick up Civ 4. :p

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
fuck...yesterday I was doing great, i think I even went like 33/3 one game. Today, I'm barely lucky to break even.

I reported a guy for cheating today too. doubt anything will happen but it was ridiculous. He had to be using some sort of wall hack and I wouldn't doubt he was using an aimbot too.

Chaotic42

Lifer
Jun 15, 2001
fuck...yesterday I was doing great, i think I even went like 33/3 one game. Today, I'm barely lucky to break even.

I reported a guy for cheating today too. doubt anything will happen but it was ridiculous. He had to be using some sort of wall hack and I wouldn't doubt he was using an aimbot too.

My KDR is 0.43, if that makes you feel better. :p

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
My KDR is 0.43, if that makes you feel better. :p

how do you find that out? I can't even figure out how to see my Steam achievements any more. There used to be a link on my pofile, right? I don't see that any more.

Joemonkey

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2001
go to your barracks, remember your kills and deaths, open calc, type in your deaths, divide by your kills

Fallengod

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2001
Ya.. As discussed to death, there are many reasons why Im glad I never bought it. Matchmaking is retarded for a fps. The game is super noob and requires little skill because of how the game runs and the no recoil.... Id bet theres a billion hackers in it now, which just makes me laugh when they claimed it would be "hacker free".

For all who play it and enjoy it, congrats, but I wont be buying that anytime soon.