CO Dem Doesn't Understand High-Capacity Magazines Can Be Reloaded

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

HumblePie

Lifer
Oct 30, 2000
Something I saw pointed out. The Rep doesn't want a "magazine" or "clip" ban but an ammunition ban. Take what she said while is...

These are ammunition, they're bullets, so the people who have those now, they're going to shoot them, so if you ban them in the future, the number of these high-capacity magazines is going to decrease dramatically over time because the bullets will have been shot and there won't be any more available.

See that bolded part there? Replace that with the words "quantity of ammunition" like so...

These are ammunition, they're bullets, so the people who have those now, they're going to shoot them, so if you ban them in the future, the quantity of ammunition is going to decrease dramatically over time because the bullets will have been shot and there won't be any more available.

Now what she is talking about makes perfect sense.

sourn

Dec 26, 2012
You mean the argument that kindergartners are going to mass rush a shooter while he is reloading his 10 round magazines? :colbert:

I guess its a question of if you consider ignorance or massive stupidity worse.

Ya, they expect people to rush a mad shooter (not just kiddies), but when you say you'd rather defend yourself with a gun they say that's non-sense and you would likely fail.

Anti-gun wack jobs have no sense.

chucky2

Lifer
Dec 9, 1999
Amazing, it's like you actually believe me citing Bush's feeble grey matter somehow equals me claiming Biden is some kind of genius - even after I indicated I believe no such thing.

lol "BDS'rs" - yup, there's that insightful creativity you guys are renowned for. Do go on and keep proving my point, by all means. :)

Look, I can help a BDS'r actually thinks Biden is more smart than Bush. Other than BDS'rs, I don't know anyone who would claim that, and that includes some pretty hardcore Dems. As for the term BDS, it was created back in the Bush days when there were literally people here with Bush Derangement Syndrome. We'd have a thread that had absolutely nothing to do with Bush, or even Politicians, and as soon as one of the many BDS'rs hit it, we'd have shitty songs being posted, mass lists of out of context and 20/20 hindsight links, every other word bolded posts, emoticons at the end of every sentense, etc. etc. These people truly had BDS. Your post just reminded me of one of these BDS'rs, it was exactly the same type of indoctrination that they turned to each other and agreed with themselves, thereby seating the BDS deeper and deeper, each progressing week. Had they not shitted up the board constantly with it, it would have been one thing....but it unfortunately turned into something completely different.

Chuck

chucky2

Lifer
Dec 9, 1999
I think this is a sensible post, I might not agree with it 100% but I think you bring up some good points. And all it took was for you to put down that bucket of fail you carry for Bush, and the ax you need to grind for Biden.

This is where I'd make a comment about the true meaning of Bush Derangement Syndrome. But don't worry, I won't. ;)

Don't carry a bucket for Bush, he certainly failed to manage his managers, which as a Leader is not acceptable: That's your large purpose for being there. As for Biden, he's so incredibly stupid, I don't even carry an axe for him. I'm sure you could search this forum and this is probably the first time I've ever made fun of him. BDS indeed...

Chuck_v

Jan 21, 2013
Once again we see a shining example of on occasion where in you simply can not fix stupid.

Last edited:

IGBT

Lifer
Jul 16, 2001
if you want yet another crying out load laugh ask her where the electricity comes from when she turns on a light when she enters a room. Elections have consequences.

blankslate

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2008
I'd be thankful that many Democratic politicians are in fact ignorant about firearms.

It's easier to make fun of them.

There are people who are reasonably knowledge about them that really wouldn't mind not being able to own "high capacity magazines" for firearms.

A universal background check system and tightening up enforcement on laws that prohibit firearms dealers from selling on the black market would have better results...

However that would also require allowing someone to be appointed to the leadership of the ATF.

Apr 27, 2012
That idiot and her ilk need to be mocked and ridiculed for their views. This is the problem with many of the gun control advocates they know nothing about guns yet continue to spread this nonsense.

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
I'd be thankful that many Democratic politicians are in fact ignorant about firearms.

It's easier to make fun of them.

There are people who are reasonably knowledge about them that really wouldn't mind not being able to own "high capacity magazines" for firearms.

A universal background check system and tightening up enforcement on laws that prohibit firearms dealers from selling on the black market would have better results...

However that would also require allowing someone to be appointed to the leadership of the ATF.

people might not mind not owning "high capacity" magazines, but the point is - what good is the ban actually going to do?

given the millions upon millions of magazines in circulation, i would have to say the chance of it doing any good is none. which is about what the last AWB did.

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
people might not mind not owning "high capacity" magazines, but the point is - what good is the ban actually going to do?

given the millions upon millions of magazines in circulation, i would have to say the chance of it doing any good is none. which is about what the last AWB did.

Actually the assault weapons ban did decrease the frequency with which assault weapons were used in criminal activities. But when it goes from not very often to even less often it's not a big deal. If assault weapons were heavily used in crimes I'd fully support a ban. But in the end it's not worth the effort.