CNN/Youtube Republican debate discussion

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Drakkon

Diamond Member
Aug 14, 2001
this audience poll thing on the screen is kinda annoying but according to it romney really screwed himself on that bible question

daveymark

Lifer
Sep 15, 2003
rudy hasn't mentioned 9/11

EDIT: whoops, spoke too soon. took him an hour and a half to mention it

BradT

Jul 17, 2007
Originally posted by: Drakkon
this audience poll thing on the screen is kinda annoying but according to it romney really screwed himself on that bible question

Where is it?

bamacre

Lifer
Jul 1, 2004
Paul is NOT looking good tonight.

He starts gaining in the polls and he has to take the attacks that come with that. McCain has made him look kinda bad a few times, even if he didn't deserve it.

bamacre

Lifer
Jul 1, 2004
Originally posted by: Pabster
Ron Paul was totally and thoroughly owned by John McCain.

Yeah, but McCain's comments only sounded good because people don't fully understand the problems with American foreign policy, nor the affects of those problems.

OREOSpeedwagon

Diamond Member
May 30, 2001
Originally posted by: BradT

Where is it?

The poll graph overlay is on Headline News

bamacre

Lifer
Jul 1, 2004
IMO, biggest winner tonight is Huckabee.

Losers tonight, Ronney, Rudy, and unfortunately, Paul as well.

Balt

Lifer
Mar 12, 2000
Romney rightly got booed there. Too often he refuses to give a clear answer. :p

BradT

Jul 17, 2007
Originally posted by: OREOSpeedwagon
Originally posted by: BradT

Where is it?

The poll graph overlay is on Headline News

Not seeing it

Jadow

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2003
I gotta tell ya, I'm liking this debate and have a feeling the Republicans are starting to get their mojo back.

BradT

Jul 17, 2007
Originally posted by: Jadow
I gotta tell ya, I'm liking this debate and have a feeling the Republicans are starting to get their mojo back.

It has without a doubt been the most entertaining debate thus far.

Pabster

Lifer
Apr 15, 2001
Originally posted by: Jadow

Just in time, too. :thumbsup:

HeXploiT

Diamond Member
Jun 11, 2004
Paul lost big time. He received less time to speak then even the gay officer. Oh well...not a surprize. This is how it's been since the beginning. Looks like the people will have to continue to get the word out for him.

HeXploiT

Diamond Member
Jun 11, 2004
Originally posted by: Perry404
Paul lost big time. He received less time to speak then even the gay officer. Oh well...not a surprize. This is how it's been since the beginning. Looks like the people will have to continue to get the word out for him.

Hey! I take that back. Paul hit the nail on the head at the last minute.:D

daveymark

Lifer
Sep 15, 2003
RP, Rudy, and Mitt all lost brownie points.

Huck gained some ground. I can see why Huck is getting more popular

Thompson was meh...but it didnt seem like he got much time to speak

It seems like the best way to get more time is to interrupt other candidates

Pabster

Lifer
Apr 15, 2001

By disappointing most of his fans, in saying he will NOT run as an independent if he fails to garner the Republican nomination? That's what you call hitting the nail on the head? :laugh:

venkman

Diamond Member
Apr 19, 2007
Paul got screwed out of equal airtime compared to the other candidates. PS, does anyone have a link to the Guliani 30 second campaign video they aired during the debate?

BradT

Jul 17, 2007
Originally posted by: Pabster

By disappointing most of his fans, in saying he will NOT run as an independent if he fails to garner the Republican nomination? That's what you call hitting the nail on the head? :laugh:

I he cannot win the primary as a Republican, he couldn't win the election anyways. If he sticks to his guns and runs as a Republican, he will have a very good chance of taking it. Wait patiently comrade.

daveymark

Lifer
Sep 15, 2003
lol they played the clip of mccain owning ron paul, and then ron paul getting booed multiple times as a result