CNN/Youtube Republican debate discussion

HeXploiT

Diamond Member
Jun 11, 2004
CNN Dedicates Prime-time Coverage to GOP Voter-generated Presidential Debate

News Release

For Release: Nov. 26, 2007

CNN Dedicates Prime-time Coverage to GOP Voter-generated Presidential Debate

Groundbreaking Debate, New Campbell Brown Political Documentary to Air Wednesday, Nov. 28

CNN, YouTube and the Republican Party of Florida on Wednesday, Nov. 28, will offer the second of two unprecedented debates that will feature the presidential candidates responding to video questions submitted on YouTube directly from people across the country and around the world. Anderson Cooper will moderate the two-hour Republican presidential candidate debate live on CNN/U.S., CNN International and CNN.com from 8 p.m. to 10 p.m. (ET) Headline News will also broadcast the debate live with a real-time analysis of the reaction of a focus group of undecided voters displayed on the screen.

The debate will be held at the Mahaffey Theater at the Progress Energy Center for the Arts in St. Petersburg, Fla. The eight major Republican presidential candidates are confirmed to attend.

The public submitted about 5,000 video questions for the debate via YouTube at www.youtube.com/debates or www.rpof.org or www.CNN.com/youtubedebates with about 750 of them arriving on the final day of submissions on Sunday, Nov. 25. CNN will select the questions used in the debates and produce the televised events.

A highlight of CNN?s debate coverage will be a real-time meter gauging the reaction of a focus group of undecided voters in Tampa, Fla. Headline News anchor Erica Hill will follow the debate as focus group members register their reactions live on Headline News.

This debate will be broadcast live on CNN HD and in standard-definition formats on CNN/U.S., CNN International, CNN Radio, CNN Airport Network and CNN en Español. The debate also will be streamed on CNN.com Live and will be available after the debate through CNN.com?s on-demand video service.

CNN will continue its policy of making all debate footage from the 2008 election cycle available without restriction upon the conclusion of each debate.

CNN will air in-depth political coverage live from St. Petersburg surrounding the debate. Another key component of CNN?s special coverage is Campbell Brown?s political documentary Broken Government: Campaign Assassins, which examines negative campaigning and the spin-masters behind America?s political leaders and candidates. It will air immediately following the debate at 11 p.m. (ET).

http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/20...tubedebates/index.html

The focus group/gauge should be interesting. I can't imagine how this is going to work though. I'm really hoping to see some fire between Paul & Giuliani as Giuliani was attacking Paul this week in the Washington Times.

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
CNN's undecided voters are a sham.

Anyway, I wonder how many people would be able to vote without reading polls from other voters and seeing their "reactions", or if they're just too stupid to think for themselves :evil:

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
Originally posted by: Lothar
Can I assume Ron Paul won the debate?
You can safely assume he will, since he is more articulate and intelligent and honest than those he'll be debating.

HeXploiT

Diamond Member
Jun 11, 2004
Originally posted by: Skoorb

What are you talking about? I just got off the phone with Frank Luntz and he says this will be an impartial group.

nonameo

Diamond Member
Mar 13, 2006
You can safely assume he will, since he is more articulate and intelligent and honest than those he'll be debating.

I like a lot of stuff coming from him, but we all already know what ron paul is going to say, and we already know how he has done in past debates.

And yes, I know he has "won" a lot of debates.

Not saying they were rigged, but RP supporters(yes, like me) tend to know when debates are going to happen and make an effort to thow a vote.

HeXploiT

Diamond Member
Jun 11, 2004
Originally posted by: nonameo

I like a lot of stuff coming from him, but we all already know what ron paul is going to say, and we already know how he has done in past debates.

Not saying they were rigged, but RP supporters(yes, like me) tend to know when debates are going to happen and make an effort to thow a vote.

Those polls were useful months ago but serve little purpose now. Very few people are clinging to those now as the Paul campaign has moved well beyond that.

Corbett

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2005
Originally posted by: Perry404

Those polls were useful months ago but serve little purpose now. Very few people are clinging to those now as the Paul campaign has moved well beyond that.

LOL! You wish!

laketrout

Mar 1, 2005

What are you talking about? I just got off the phone with Frank Luntz and he says this will be an impartial group.

Oh - absolutely, you know that you can trust Luntz and CNN to give you the most unbiased coverage and honest questions from undecided. Frank actually said that you're more likely to find a plant in the Sahara in the summer than at this debate - and thats good enough for me. :thumbsup:

brxndxn

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2001
Originally posted by: Corbett

LOL! You wish!

Wow.. Flawless argument.

bamacre

Lifer
Jul 1, 2004
Originally posted by: daveymark
wow, romney pwnt rudy on the immigration issue

He sure did. Rudy looked kinda dumb there for a minute. He tried to sling some mud, and it got put right back in his face.

bamacre

Lifer
Jul 1, 2004
Mike Huckabee is looking pretty good so far.

They aren't giving a lot of time to Paul. :thumbsdown:

OREOSpeedwagon

Diamond Member
May 30, 2001
Originally posted by: bamacre
Mike Huckabee is looking pretty good so far.

They aren't giving a lot of time to Paul. :thumbsdown:

I have a feeling he'll get more time when Iraq comes up, judging from the tension between him and McCain :p

JD50

Lifer
Sep 4, 2005
I like Ron Pauls responses so far. Great debate, I love seeing Rudy pwned like that.

BradT

Jul 17, 2007
Originally posted by: JD50
Originally posted by: PC Surgeon
Wow, Rudy fails on gun ownership.

Rudy is getting pwned pretty good tonight.

You can tell that he simply memorized a bunch of statistics about himself and others. At the beginning of each response, he stairs at the floor to try to recall some statistics.