News CNN REPORTS AL-BAGHDADI BELIEVED DEAD (Isis Leader)

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Ajay

Lifer
Jan 8, 2001
After Trump we need an investigation into Pense for potential impeachment. He's merited a closer look. Indeed, Trump's people have already thrown him under the bus at least twice.
Eh, *if* Trump actually gets impeached by the senate; Pense will pardon him (bummer). Then we just let Pense dangle, he can't win a general election and then he's gone. Dems win!

amenx

Diamond Member
Dec 17, 2004
Odd, conflicting news reports alternatively crediting Iraqi intel and Kurds as the locators of Baghdadi:

I guess understandable as everyone there wants to claim credit for the big event.

Ah.. seems both Iraqi and Kurds were involved in the Intel gathering. Iraqis established the initial intel groundwork while the Kurds became involved in the later stages of Baghdadis final whereabouts:

Last edited:

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
I guess hurt feelings fall into the high crimes and misdemeanors category.
Like I said Pense has already been brought up by Trump's lawyers when it was completely irrelevant to the situation.

But there's evidence of him participating in Trump's crime (and that there is a crime, not hurt feelings was shown by Trump) and so he's automatically up for impeachment. But rejoice, there's a full vote on how things going forward and so you now have that full vote in what is already a legal and Constitutional inquiry as established by the judiciary. Naturally, you will be satisfied as will Graham and Mitch. Yeah.

Feb 4, 2009
As I said in another thread it’s amazing the President speaks like I did and many other men did when we were 8-13 years old.
Also interesting foot not. Obama spoke for pax 9 1/2 minutes, President Trump spoke for apx 48 minutes.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Like I said Pense has already been brought up by Trump's lawyers when it was completely irrelevant to the situation.

But there's evidence of him participating in Trump's crime (and that there is a crime, not hurt feelings was shown by Trump) and so he's automatically up for impeachment. But rejoice, there's a full vote on how things going forward and so you now have that full vote in what is already a legal and Constitutional inquiry as established by the judiciary. Naturally, you will be satisfied as will Graham and Mitch. Yeah.
Really need the transcript of him talking to Zelinskey. Seems he was in on the ask.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
As I said in another thread it’s amazing the President speaks like I did and many other men did when we were 8-13 years old.
Also interesting foot not. Obama spoke for pax 9 1/2 minutes, President Trump spoke for apx 48 minutes.

It's like having a child Emperor...

Feb 4, 2009
It's like having a child Emperor...

I’m not kidding.
His talk of building an impenetrable wall
His weird impersonations of people who are tough like cops or special forces
The pretending to shoot a gun
Moats filled with alligators, sharks and snakes. He may have been joking but it’s a weird joke
Weird Muslim gatherings in NY after 9/11

These are all imagery a pre teen boy uses to explain or imagine how the world acts.

sactoking

Diamond Member
Sep 24, 2007
A Kurdish spy stole Baghdadi's underwear to get DNA to verify his identity for the strike.

But fuck the Kurds, what have they ever done for us, anyway?

Lanyap

Elite Member
Dec 23, 2000

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
Paraphrasing: "K-9s or as I like to call them "dogs" chased him into the tunnel.
What an idiot !

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Absolutely. I see a lot of contrast with the raid in Pakistan though. Obama was very involved, and had been advised not to do the raid IIRC. He believed the intel that stood out and went with his gut feeling. Then after giving the order, he handled it all like a boss, putting on a poker face and well, not notifying the Russians for starters. Also absent; a childish, kinda pompous, slightly disturbing embellishment of the raid events. In the case of OBL in Abbottabad I think we were lucky that a politician who was an actual leader didn't step out of the way until his part was done.

Trump almost scuttled the raid with his sudden birthday present for Putin. Hardly the involved, smooth operator Obama was, but I'm glad he allowed people to do their jobs in this case. I'm sure he'll be infuriated when he doesn't see the substantial bump in public approval he needs.

Remember that they also had to keep Pakistan in the dark the entire time.

You think Trump would have been capable of maintaining that kind of secrecy for that long, let alone a mere couple of hours? LoL--he would have been on the phone to Putin and/or Xi immediately to brag about the plans, even if somewhat vague, thinking that it was some sort of "leverage" to use in his endlessly failed attempts to negotiate with these people. That shit would have leaked faster than Trump's colon.

Lanyap

Elite Member
Dec 23, 2000
You guys hear WaPo had a headline describing baghdadi as an "austere religious scholar"?

Freaking awesome.

It changed a couple of times. Seems like they couldn't make up their mind. Someone at WaPo probably thought the first one was too harsh, then the second was too easy on him, then the third was just right.

“Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, Islamic State’s ‘terrorist-in-chief,’ dies at 48.”
“Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, austere religious scholar at helm of Islamic State, dies at 48.”
“Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, extremist leader of Islamic State, dies at 48.”

Viper1j

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2018

It's the difference between Trump, and a real president.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Remember that they also had to keep Pakistan in the dark the entire time.

Yep. No easy feat in a heavily religious and corrupt police state like Pakistan, particularly when you are using local assets like Shakil Afridi (sometimes they're sloppy, or betray you). I've long felt one of the metrics of how good the work was is how hard they came down on him for his assistance. The butthurt in Islamabad was severe. Pretty embarrassing stuff for a country that practically worships it's security forces, though not as embarrassing as sheltering the world's most wanted man from the hand that feeds you (but then I'm a non muslim American). I remember hearing Afridi won an appeal, but he's still locked up far as I know. ISI tortured him. Guy deserves a life of comfort in the States for him and his family IMO. Raid probably wouldn't have happened without his vaccination program.

You think Trump would have been capable of maintaining that kind of secrecy for that long, let alone a mere couple of hours? LoL--he would have been on the phone to Putin and/or Xi immediately to brag about the plans, even if somewhat vague, thinking that it was some sort of "leverage" to use in his endlessly failed attempts to negotiate with these people. That shit would have leaked faster than Trump's colon.

Yeah, no question. When you're a narcissist you need to brag. When you're also a fucking moron, those braggadocios meandering rants make you look pathetic, not powerful or manly, certainly not professional. Trump's need to always praise himself and look tough simply has no analog with his predecessor. Obama was an adult, fulfilling a pledge with a judicious use of power and discretion. Empathy and respect weren't alien terms to him.

Trump is more like an emotionally insecure used car salesman. One sportin a brain injury regarding the Constitution and a priapism for Putin and #dictatorlife.

Last edited:

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
Trump said "he died like a dog", funny I've never seen a dog use a suicide vest.

Trump is very disparaging of dogs.

“General” McChrystal got fired like a dog by Obama. Last assignment a total bust. Known for big, dumb mouth. Hillary lover!

When you give a crazed, crying lowlife a break, and give her a job at the White House, I guess it just didn’t work out. Good work by General Kelly for quickly firing that dog!

Now Sloppy Steve has been dumped like a dog by almost everyone. Too bad!

Bob Corker, who helped President O give us the bad Iran Deal & couldn't get elected dog catcher in Tennessee, is now fighting Tax Cuts....

Mitt Romney had his chance to beat a failed president but he choked like a dog.

@DavidGregory got thrown off of TV by NBC, fired like a dog!

@EWErickson got fired like a dog from RedState and now he is the one leading opposition against me.

Ted Cruz lifts the Bible high into the air and then lies like a dog-over and over again!

Wow was Ted Cruz disloyal to his very capable director of communication. He used him as a scape goat-fired like a dog!

@BrentBozell, one of the National Review lightweights, came to my office begging for money like a dog.

Union Leader refuses to comment as to why they were kicked out of the ABC News debate like a dog.

@GlennBeck got fired like a dog by #Fox.

Wow, great news! I hear @EWErickson of Red State was fired like a dog.

@GovernorSununu who couldn't get elected dog catcher in NH forgot to mention my phenomenal biz success rate

I hear that sleepy eyes @chucktodd will be fired like a dog from ratings starved Meet The Press?

@GovernorPataki couldn’t be elected dog catcher if he ran again

It's a very odd fixation of Trump's. Notice that in the list the most frequent usage is "____ was fired like a dog." Apparently in his long, long life no one has ever said to him, 'er, Donald, dogs don't get fired. Why do you keep saying that?

To be fair, probably every dog he's met has bared its teeth and growled at him. They have this instinct, you see. Hell, even bald eagles take umbrage.

Dogs have a reputation for honesty, courage, and loyalty. So of course he hates them.

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
Trump is very disparaging of dogs.

“General” McChrystal got fired like a dog by Obama. Last assignment a total bust. Known for big, dumb mouth. Hillary lover!

When you give a crazed, crying lowlife a break, and give her a job at the White House, I guess it just didn’t work out. Good work by General Kelly for quickly firing that dog!

Now Sloppy Steve has been dumped like a dog by almost everyone. Too bad!

Bob Corker, who helped President O give us the bad Iran Deal & couldn't get elected dog catcher in Tennessee, is now fighting Tax Cuts....

Mitt Romney had his chance to beat a failed president but he choked like a dog.

@DavidGregory got thrown off of TV by NBC, fired like a dog!

@EWErickson got fired like a dog from RedState and now he is the one leading opposition against me.

Ted Cruz lifts the Bible high into the air and then lies like a dog-over and over again!

Wow was Ted Cruz disloyal to his very capable director of communication. He used him as a scape goat-fired like a dog!

@BrentBozell, one of the National Review lightweights, came to my office begging for money like a dog.

Union Leader refuses to comment as to why they were kicked out of the ABC News debate like a dog.

@GlennBeck got fired like a dog by #Fox.

Wow, great news! I hear @EWErickson of Red State was fired like a dog.

@GovernorSununu who couldn't get elected dog catcher in NH forgot to mention my phenomenal biz success rate

I hear that sleepy eyes @chucktodd will be fired like a dog from ratings starved Meet The Press?

@GovernorPataki couldn’t be elected dog catcher if he ran again

It's a very odd fixation of Trump's. Notice that in the list the most frequent usage is "____ was fired like a dog." Apparently in his long, long life no one has ever said to him, 'er, Donald, dogs don't get fired. Why do you keep saying that?

To be fair, probably every dog he's met has bared its teeth and growled at him. They have this instinct, you see. Hell, even bald eagles take umbrage.

Dogs have a reputation for honesty, courage, and loyalty. So of course he hates them.
I think I heard the dog is coming to the WH and trump's giving it a medal, hope he bites him.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
I think I heard the dog is coming to the WH and trump's giving it a medal, hope he bites him.

You mean lock onto Trump's tender bits & go wild shaking his head?
You would think our military would want this kept secret.

Of course we know. ISIS announced it-