CNN Drops 26% In Prime Time

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

drifter106

Golden Member
Mar 14, 2004
Not if it means that a woman has to bear and raise her rapist's child. Because that is slavery.

Lets look at your analogy...there have been 60,069,971 Abortions in America Since Roe v. Wade in 1973.

World wide, since 1980 there have been 1,500,000,000 (rounding it off to make it simple) abortions worldwide. With a rational mind, I would think that you would agree that less than 1% fall under your set of circumstances....please advise us on the other 99+% of babies killed by human hands.

Reactions: Bitek

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Lets look at your analogy...there have been 60,069,971 Abortions in America Since Roe v. Wade in 1973.

World wide, since 1980 there have been 1,500,000,000 (rounding it off to make it simple) abortions worldwide. With a rational mind, I would think that you would agree that less than 1% fall under your set of circumstances....please advise us on the other 99+% of babies killed by human hands.

Abortions don't happen to Babies.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008

Whatever the fuck YOUR thoughts on the subject is SIT THE FUCK BACK and let women ponder the issue.
I think I am gonna spear hunt a movement for ladies to get politically involved with cutting dicks off idiot men who cant control their cocks. Sound good to you?

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
Getting back to the core topic: I can't help but be disturbed by the implications of the original post.

It's not just that the OP's view is backwards (Fox lies and spins on the daily), or ignores context (conservatives basically have one network, liberals have many), it's the malicious desires that underlie what he's saying.

The OP genuinely hates the free press. He genuinely believes the Democrats are inherently evil. He's basically rooting for one-party rule and the death of democracy. Oh, he'll claim that's not what he believes, but his issue isn't with the quality of the reporting or the specifics of the Democrat party -- it's that criticism and political opposition exist in the first place. Otherwise, he wouldn't be cheering for a monoculture where only one news network, only one party and only one ideology are dominant.

I don't think most left-leaning people want the death of the Republican party. Maybe the party as it is now, led by a craven bunch of opportunists who are willing to erode the very foundations of democracy for a few more years in office, but not the party as a whole. What we'd like is to see is a return to sanity, a party that sees abuses of power within its ranks and shuts them down rather than protecting them. One that actually changes with the times to court voters instead of trying to disenfranchise voters it doesn't like. One that isn't so blatantly in the pocket of companies and the wealthy. Basically -- we'd like a Republican party that respects the law and serves the people, not itself.

Reactions: Vic and sandorski

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001

Assuming your number is accurate and that all of those pregnancies were actually viable, how many of those aborted fetuses could we have counted on for you to pay to raise, feed, clothe, house, and educate?
I'm going to bet that that answer is 0. Because that's the parents' responsibility, right? Which, to any rational mind, means that your motivation has nothing to do with the well-being of children, and everything to do with punishing women for having sex. Because if you truly cared for the children, you'd be lining up to adopt them and/or pay to raise them. Instead, even with current abortion rates, thousands of unwanted children enter the foster care system in the US every month.
And I'd also like to point out, still assuming your numbers are accurate, that 1% of 1,500,000,000 equates to 15,000,000 women that you would force to bear and raise their rapist's child. Which, to any rational mind, would be 15,000,000 too many.
I think we can all agree that there are too many abortions, and that we need to find a way to drastically reduce that number, but the 'pro-life' 'solution' of banning all abortions clearly deprives women of the basic right of sovereignty of one's own body, and subjugates women into slavery.

drifter106

Golden Member
Mar 14, 2004
Getting back to the core topic: I can't help but be disturbed by the implications of the original post.

It's not just that the OP's view is backwards (Fox lies and spins on the daily), or ignores context (conservatives basically have one network, liberals have many), it's the malicious desires that underlie what he's saying.

The OP genuinely hates the free press. He genuinely believes the Democrats are inherently evil. He's basically rooting for one-party rule and the death of democracy. Oh, he'll claim that's not what he believes, but his issue isn't with the quality of the reporting or the specifics of the Democrat party -- it's that criticism and political opposition exist in the first place. Otherwise, he wouldn't be cheering for a monoculture where only one news network, only one party and only one ideology are dominant.

I don't think most left-leaning people want the death of the Republican party. Maybe the party as it is now, led by a craven bunch of opportunists who are willing to erode the very foundations of democracy for a few more years in office, but not the party as a whole. What we'd like is to see is a return to sanity, a party that sees abuses of power within its ranks and shuts them down rather than protecting them. One that actually changes with the times to court voters instead of trying to disenfranchise voters it doesn't like. One that isn't so blatantly in the pocket of companies and the wealthy. Basically -- we'd like a Republican party that respects the law and serves the people, not itself.

that right there is down right funny...

Ichinisan

Lifer
Oct 9, 2002
Assuming your number is accurate and that all of those pregnancies were actually viable, how many of those aborted fetuses could we have counted on for you to pay to raise, feed, clothe, house, and educate?
I'm going to bet that that answer is 0. Because that's the parents' responsibility, right? Which, to any rational mind, means that your motivation has nothing to do with the well-being of children, and everything to do with punishing women for having sex. Because if you truly cared for the children, you'd be lining up to adopt them and/or pay to raise them. Instead, even with current abortion rates, thousands of unwanted children enter the foster care system in the US every month.
And I'd also like to point out, still assuming your numbers are accurate, that 1% of 1,500,000,000 equates to 15,000,000 women that you would force to bear and raise their rapist's child. Which, to any rational mind, would be 15,000,000 too many.
I think we can all agree that there are too many abortions, and that we need to find a way to drastically reduce that number, but the 'pro-life' 'solution' of banning all abortions clearly deprives women of the basic right of sovereignty of one's own body, and subjugates women into slavery.
Nearly all of those unwanted pregnancies were preventable. As long as abortion is an option, fewer people will make the effort to prevent pregnancy.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Nearly all of those unwanted pregnancies were preventable. As long as abortion is an option, fewer people will make the effort to prevent pregnancy.

BS

The problem here is that you think all these women are retrograde scum.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002

Meanwhile people like you are taking steps to ban birth control creating more unwanted pregnancies

Reactions: sandorski

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Which, along with the right wing agenda to restrict access to contraception, leads us back to this is all about trying to control sexual behavior. As the only means that would be allowed to prevent pregnancy would be to not have sex.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
that right there is down right funny...
I found it to be a very accurate assessment. You're so noble, your cause to save children is so just, clearly only evil would dare oppose you. Which ironically, is how the worst evils have been justified throughout history.

drifter106

Golden Member
Mar 14, 2004

I started several times to reply to your post but then I thought it best to answer it by posing this question to you.

Why were you born? What is your purpose in life? Please advise as I do think you are able to provide a rational explaination.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
I started several times to reply to your post but then I thought it best to answer it by posing this question to you.

Why were you born? What is your purpose in life? Please advise as I do think you are able to provide a rational explaination.

Parents fucked, passing on ones Genes.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001

That's not a question to which, when applied to any intelligent individual, there is a rational answer to. Each sentient person must find their own purpose.
I believe the answer you're looking for is that the purpose of life in general is to procreate, to reproduce itself. All life seeks to pass on its own uniqueness to future generations of itself. And the need to do this is so strong that, from the viewpoint of intelligent beings like ourselves, the methods employed in nature can be seen as brutal and horrible, even though they are successful. Which is why, given that humans have become successful in non-brutal methods of reproduction, I wish to see rape in all of its natural forms completely erased from our genetic makeup. And the only way to do that is to prevent rapists from procreating.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

Abortion was widely practiced & available to women in the black market prior to Roe. It just wasn't nearly as safe. It will always be available to women of means, anyway. Have passport, will travel.

Maybe conservatives just want to create jobs in the abortion police. Or run other people's lives. Or work themselves up into a Church Lady snit every chance they get. Because Jeezus.