CNN breaking news

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
at the top

<< FBI issues terror alert warning two men and about a dozen associates could strike U.S. interests as early as Tuesday. Details to come. >>

NFS4

No Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

<< $10 says nothing will happen. >>

Hell, I bet $100

Ashcroft is paranoid

tweakmm

Lifer
May 28, 2001

<<

Hell, I bet $100

Ashcroft is paranoid
>>

Ashcroft is a freakin' nazi

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000

<<

Hell, I bet $100

Ashcroft is paranoid
>>

I bet ya $200 ;)

Hammer

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
I bet you a 25 megaton airburst if something does happen, things will go badly for those responsible.

N8Magic

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
It's better than saying nothing. On the off chance that something DOES happen, at least he covered his ass. :)

Goldfish

Platinum Member
Jun 10, 2001
Ashcroft wouldn't have made anything public if there weren't a real, and possible threat of something occuring. Anything can happen any given day.

XMan

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
It's better than saying nothing. On the off chance that something DOES happen, at least he covered his ass. :)

Yeah. Your guys' attitude is rather disheartening. How soon we forget . . . :(

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000
How can the US Government expect the American people to be on ready/red alert status all the freakin' time?

Grey

Platinum Member
Oct 14, 1999
Why did they term it "two men and a dozen associates" Why not just a group of about 12 people have made threatening gestures or somesuch?

Hammer

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
I assume its either : a) the two men are senior/leader and have been positively identified or b) the associates are all women.

<< Why did they term it "two men and a dozen associates" Why not just a group of about 12 people have made threatening gestures or somesuch? >>

Dolemite69

Sep 18, 2000
Copy that Xerox Man.... Buncha punkass kids it's sounds like to me.
"I betcha a hundred bucks nuttin will happen!"

....Whatever.

kulki

Jul 18, 2001

<< Why did they term it "two men and a dozen associates" Why not just a group of about 12 people have made threatening gestures or somesuch? >>

ha ha ha
thats a strange way of putting it

MajesticMoose

Diamond Member
Nov 14, 2000
this same thing has been told to us how many times since 9/11? Are we supposed to suddenly believe it?

m00se

aphex

Moderator<br>All Things Apple
Jul 19, 2001
<< FBI link with details >>

Either someone at the FBI likes to scream, or has a broken CAPS LOCK key

XMan

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
How can the US Government expect the American people to be on ready/red alert status all the freakin' time?

Israel does it. Every adult is required to serve in the military. It's not uncommon to walk around and see ordinary citizens carrying their machine guns home from training. School field trips are generally accompanied by squads of soldiers.

So the way I see it, we either give a little bit of alertness now until the terrorist situation is taken care of, or be prepared to turn the country into an armed camp like Israel.

this same thing has been told to us how many times since 9/11? Are we supposed to suddenly believe it?

Warnings are far preferable to watching the World Trade Center collapse. Grow up! :disgust:

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000

<< How can the US Government expect the American people to be on ready/red alert status all the freakin' time?

Israel does it. Every adult is required to serve in the military. It's not uncommon to walk around and see ordinary citizens carrying their machine guns home from training. School field trips are generally accompanied by squads of soldiers.

So the way I see it, we either give a little bit of alertness now until the terrorist situation is taken care of, or be prepared to turn the country into an armed camp like Israel.
>>

That paints a pretty picture :D

NFS4

No Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

<< Did the AT effect kill the fbi's main website? That link is deader than Princess Di. >>

:Q

mAdD INDIAN

Diamond Member
Oct 11, 1999

<< Did the AT effect kill the fbi's main website? That link is deader than Princess Di. >>

Ouch! That was cold man.

kuk

Platinum Member
Jul 20, 2000
As a result of U.S. military operations in Afghanistan and on-going interviews of detainees in Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, information has become available regarding threats to U.S. interests. Recent information indicates a planned attack may occur in the United States or against U.S. interests in the country of Yemen on or around 02/12/02. One or more operatives may be involved in the attack, including fawaz yahya al-rabeei, also known as (aka) furqan. Al-rabeei is believed to be a yemeni national born in saudi arabia in 1979. He may be traveling on yemeni passport 00452004. Other al-rabeei aka's include fawaz yahia hassan aribii, fawaz al-rubai, fawaz yehia hassan al-rabie, fawaz yahya hasan al-rabi'i, fawaz yahya al-ribi (al-ruba'i, al-rabia'i, al-rabi'i), forqan al-tajiki, furqan al-tajiki, furgan al-tajiki, furqan the chechen, faris al-baraq, sa'id, musharraf, and salem al-farhan.
Al-rabeei's current whereabouts are unknown.
No physical descriptors for al-rabeei are available at this time.
Below are known associates of al-rabeei.
Currently, no physical descriptors are known.

Then there's a list of terrorists, but you guys can read it when the site is back up. I've done a case-replace on this, because everything was in capitalized, so some names are in lower caps. Anyway, you guys figure it out. ;)