Cliffy B is teh hater.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
Originally posted by: skace
Some say WoW / MMOs are the worst thing to happen on PCs. Whatever the case, they prove one thing, the market is there. How many copies has WoW sold? Several million? All of these articles seem to hint at some sort of peak 1.5 million max number of pc gamers which doesn't really exist. The problem is they just can't get PC Gamers attracted to their games.

I wish Steam would put out some sales numbers, some people might change their tunes.

WoW has 10 mill worldwide users so its sold something like 10 mill copies or at least 10 mill licences

WicKeD

Golden Member
Nov 20, 2000
I played my son's COD4 on his PS3...I can never play an FPS on the PS3 or any other console again. Controls were awkward and did not feel comfortable at all. I will never trade my KB/Mouse for a console.

I understand that the consoles are part of the equation that equlas $$$, but dont make a half ass port of the game for us computer guys because "we will only buy a million" copies.

AyashiKaibutsu

Diamond Member
Jan 24, 2004
Originally posted by: Anubis
Originally posted by: skace
Some say WoW / MMOs are the worst thing to happen on PCs. Whatever the case, they prove one thing, the market is there. How many copies has WoW sold? Several million? All of these articles seem to hint at some sort of peak 1.5 million max number of pc gamers which doesn't really exist. The problem is they just can't get PC Gamers attracted to their games.

I wish Steam would put out some sales numbers, some people might change their tunes.

WoW has 10 mill worldwide users so its sold something like 10 mill copies or at least 10 mill licences

They sold more than that actually. 10 million is the number of current active subscribers; it's not counting the people who bought it and have canceled their account since.

emblem

Jan 7, 2008
Originally posted by: WicKeD
I played my son's COD4 on his PS3...I can never play an FPS on the PS3 or any other console again. Controls were awkward and did not feel comfortable at all. I will never trade my KB/Mouse for a console.

I understand that the consoles are part of the equation that equlas $$$, but dont make a half ass port of the game for us computer guys because "we will only buy a million" copies.

I feel the exact opposite. I play a lot of shooters on my 360 and I'm really used to controller. I built my new pc a month ago and I've tried some pc games. Using the mouse felt insanely awkward to me. It really just depends on what your used to.

I was sick like a week ago and didn't play my CoD4(36) for like 2 weeks and when I started playing again, it did feel really weird to me.

I think it just matters on what your used to.

Also about the whole topic.

I think that many people tend to like console games because it's so easily available. If I had the choice to play a game on pc or 360 I would choose 360 instantly because I have so many other friends who have 360's. If you've played pc games for a long time you probably also have a lot of friends on there.

i'm going to guess that people tend to find more friends in real life that have 360's than those that have gaming pc.

shingletingle

Jun 30, 2007
Originally posted by: HeroOfPellinor
Originally posted by: fisher
i hate to say it but pc gaming is becoming a niche these days. i used to be a console hater, but these days my 360 gets a lot more time than my pc does.

Problem is, you grow out of console gaming. You're not going to have an Xbox360 in the living room when you're married and be playing Halo for three hours after work. You're going to come home, handle your business, and toss in an hour of TF2 or WoW while she's getting ready for bed. It's just more convenient and pratical to hop on your computer and check email, check a couple sites, launch a game and play for a bit, check email again, and log off.

Says you.

Originally posted by: Dumac
I thought it was supposed to be just the opposite. Consoles games are for casualfags who want easy games they can play with a family after work or something.

Console games are for casual what????

BladeVenom

Lifer
Jun 2, 2005
First it didn't do that well on the PS3 either.

They clearly made UT3 a console game, and everybody knows it. That's a big part of why PC gamers didn't buy.

UT2004 sold something like 4 million copies. If they'd have done as good a job on UT3 it would have sold.

Cliffy B is a whiner. Steam has 15 million subscribers. WoW has 10 million subscribers. Crysis sold over a million copies despite having extraordinarily high hardware requirements. Even a small budgeted game like Sins of a Solar Empire is selling well. PC gaming is very profitable if you make a good game that has a large enough target audience.

cdmccool

Golden Member
Mar 21, 2006
Originally posted by: skyofavalon
he's not a hater,just a realist.WoW and MMORPGs in general are the worst thing to happen to PC gaming.

I agree. People get hooked on one MMORPG, then don't buy any new games for years. That's pretty much what happened to me. Got hooked on Everquest, now I just jump from one MMORPG to another.

The last FPS I bought was Unreal Tournament.

Dumac

Diamond Member
Dec 31, 2005
Originally posted by: shingletingle
Console games are for casual what????

Sorry. On some other website I visit it is commonplace to put i love you after every adjective or key word to make it a noun describing a group of people. Consolefag, tourneyfag, casualfag, etc. I accidentally let it slip in here. :p

Modelworks

Lifer
Feb 22, 2007
Say what you want, but pc gaming is in trouble.
Epics stance on pc gaming is not the first.
Many developers are switching to console first and pc as an afterthought.

Almost every game demo I have played lately has been a console port.
It used to be the other way around, pc first, then console.

What really needs to happen for the pc to remain viable is someone to create a true standard for the pc . Not games for windows type garbage.

Something like.

You put the dvd in the pc, the pc boots from the dvd, finds the windows install, loads the drivers it needs for the game to work, sound, video, controls, networking, and loads nothing else. Right now one of the main reasons pc games have problems is not because of windows itself, but because of all the other crap people have installed on the pc.

If they could ever make it so the pc could boot from the game , similar to way a console does, then pc gaming would again rein supreme !

I've done it with images of quake3, so it is possible, but I don't see any major developers following that path as long as consoles are as easy to develop for as they are.

Thraxen

Diamond Member
Dec 3, 2001
Originally posted by: BladeVenom
They clearly made UT3 a console game, and everybody knows it. That's a big part of why PC gamers didn't buy.

Well, everybody whines about that, yes. But the game itself plays pretty much like the previous UTs. The scrolling main menu and the server browser could be better, but don't try and throw it all on consoles for lack of sales. The game plays like previous UTs. And I don't know why every time there's some sort of UI problem PC-only gamers blame it on consoles.

I can see where you might be able to get away blaming the scrolling menu from that, but the server browser is just plain bad and it has nothing to do with consoles. I haven't played the PS3 version, but I can pretty much garauntee that if it's the same it's bad on the PS3 too. Have you even played any console games with server browsers?? I play both consoles and PCs pretty extensively and I can tell you that the UT3 browser would be considered poor on either side. Try a game like Warhawk on the PS3. It has a server browser that is worlds easier to deal with than the UT3 PC browser. In short, quit trying to scapegoat consoles for all PCs game's problems and apparently assuming that something as wonky as the UT3 server browser is somehow accepted as good on consoles. That some pretty poor and rather self-centered reasoning and I see it all the time on this forum.

TehMac

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2006
Meanwhile, Valve thinks PC Gaming is fine. See what's happening? Just because one mediocre gaming making bitch whines doesn't mean anything. Console games still cater to your 12 year olds, and maybe Thraxen is a married 12 year old.

Thraxen

Diamond Member
Dec 3, 2001
Originally posted by: TehMac
Meanwhile, Valve thinks PC Gaming is fine. See what's happening? Just because one mediocre gaming making bitch whines doesn't mean anything. Console games still cater to your 12 year olds, and maybe Thraxen is a married 12 year old.

Good grief, not you again. Just STFU already. You already made yourself look like a fool previously when you claimed PC games were for "sophicated" people all the while making an argument like a 10 year old (as you're doing now). And, FYI, I'm married and quite a bit older than 12. I have all the consoles and a more than capable gaming PC. Your experience in gaming is nothing compared to mine. Get lost.

ja1484

Platinum Member
Dec 31, 2007
Originally posted by: Modelworks

No it's not.

It's definitely second fiddle to console development for obvious fiduciary reasons, but it's certainly not in trouble.

Modelworks

Lifer
Feb 22, 2007
Originally posted by: ja1484

No it's not.

It's definitely second fiddle to console development for obvious fiduciary reasons, but it's certainly not in trouble.

Actually it is.
I have worked with over 11 developers in the past 10 years.
There is a radical shift from pc to consoles thats really taken off the last two years.
The reasons why most of them switched are :

1.) Ease of development, target hardware all the same.
2.) Larger installed base, more customers.
3.) Less piracy and more profit.

Go into ebgames or gamestop and look how much of the shelf space is there for pc games.
Now go back about 5 years to the same stores.
The difference is huge.

Add up the income from consoles and compare that with game income from pc game sales.
Consoles in 2007 brought in $8.8 billion , pc brought in $790 million.

As a developer, which is a business, which one would you want to get your share of ?

PC gaming is on the decline. Its going to take more than a A+ title every 6 months to bring it back to where it was.

Will it go away ? NO.
Will we see fewer and fewer pc dedicated titles ?
Yes

Games require more development time and staff than ever before and that equates to money. Money you have to get from publishers. Publishers that want a part of that $8 billion.

I don't own a single console myself, because I like the pc better.
But I am starting to see titles on the consoles that I wouldn't mind playing and that I know will never see the pc.

UTFan81

Jan 22, 2008

Go into ebgames or gamestop and look how much of the shelf space is there for pc games.
The difference is huge.

who even shops at those stores though? Best Buy always seems to have a really nice pc gaming section. People were saying pc gaming was dead 5 years ago but there is still too many decent games for me to ever play on the market.

ja1484

Platinum Member
Dec 31, 2007

No it's not.

Actually it is.
I have worked with over 11 developers in the past 10 years.
There is a radical shift from pc to consoles thats really taken off the last two years.
The reasons why most of them switched are :

1.) Ease of development, target hardware all the same.
2.) Larger installed base, more customers.
3.) Less piracy and more profit.

The difference is huge.

Add up the income from consoles and compare that with game income from pc game sales.
Consoles in 2007 brought in $8.8 billion , pc brought in $790 million.

As a developer, which is a business, which one would you want to get your share of ?

PC gaming is on the decline. Its going to take more than a A+ title every 6 months to bring it back to where it was.

Will it go away ? NO.
Will we see fewer and fewer pc dedicated titles ?
Yes

Games require more development time and staff than ever before and that equates to money. Money you have to get from publishers. Publishers that want a part of that $8 billion.

I don't own a single console myself, because I like the pc better.
But I am starting to see titles on the consoles that I wouldn't mind playing and that I know will never see the pc.

Congratulations. You made all the same points I made in a post earlier in this thread. For the lazy in you, allow me to re-quote here:

First of all, the "platform wars", ESPECIALLY the console v PC debate, is long dead and is no longer relevant. What's more, the PC won.

Modern consoles ARE PCs. How people fail to realize this is beyond me. Both Microsoft and Sony's latest game machines are rocking:

- Multiple Cores
- Dedicated graphics hardware
- RAM
- Optical Drives
- Internet/Digital Media capability

They are PCs now for christ sakes, and frankly if they'd just get some decent firmware in there allowing the use of a USB keyboard/mouse for shooter titles and RTS games, I would jump the fence and never look back. It's MUCH easier for developers to debug on three different hardware platforms than the wild jungle of DIY PC Configurations. Even so, the complicated hardware is causing its share of PC-like problems, such as the RRoD on the 360.

It was the only logical choice really. Consoles reached a point near the last cartridge-driven systems where the only way to progress the games was to embrace more and more PC-like technology, because all the innovation was being done there on the hardware end. Console makers don't want or need hardware innovation (Blu-Ray is another discussion unique to Sony's strategy), they need bulk refined hardware at lowish cost. They can get this easily from last year's PC tech.

The current gen of consoles are closed-box PCs sold at a loss with the goals of simplicity and purpose-specific function.

Think about how impractical it is to game the on PC these days - the cost is massive, the development is harder and harder every year largely due to Q/A costs and post-release support. Consoles, especially with the advent of HDTV and online abilities, make far far more sense for far far less cents.

As noted, all they have to do get me a mouse and keyboard with full support on the consoles, and I doubt I'll ever game on the PC again. I'd still have one, because I use it for a hell of a lot more than gaming, but that would cease to be a *needed function* of any PC I built. The console would have assimilated all the PCs gaming advantages and eliminated its drawbacks. Not to mention the decreased cost. I am A-OK with all three.

Originally posted by: Inspector Jihad
how about develop for both and sell 4.5 mil copies? develop for pc simultaneously, not release a shitty ass port.

They do, but:

First of all, you don't develop for both simultaneously because that drives up cost. The smart development company just builds an engine/SDK that allows them to compile content into the proper form for all three platforms depending on which button they push.

Which is, of course, exactly what Epic Games did with the Unreal 3 tech, and is a large reason why their tech has been so successful in the licensing arena. Developers can have a single team develop content, just as before, and then "cook" it for compatibility on whichever platform(s) they want to launch on. Minimize cost, maximize revenue.

Given the emphasis on multi-platform launches and the expense of game development these days, its no wonder the tech took off like a rocket.

I agree, it'd be nice if developers took a month or so to rewire the control/HUD screens to be a little more PC friendly, but in all honesty I doubt that kind of thing affects sales to a great degree, so (as we've seen evidenced time and again) they generally think of that sort of work as "optional".

I will repeat: PC Gaming is not in trouble. It is definitely SECOND FIDDLE TO CONSOLE GAMES FOR FIDUCIARY REASONS, but it's certainly not in trouble.

Less PC-exclusive titles doesn't mean PC gaming is in trouble. That's like saying PlayStation gaming was in trouble when Final Fantasy decided to launch on Microsoft's platform as well. Bioshock, for example, was one of the most enjoyable titles I played this year, and was of course developed console-centric.

Modelworks

Lifer
Feb 22, 2007
Originally posted by: UTFan81

The difference is huge.

who even shops at those stores though? Best Buy always seems to have a really nice pc gaming section. People were saying pc gaming was dead 5 years ago but there is still too many decent games for me to ever play on the market.

hrm, millions of people.
Otherwise they couldn't afford to keep the stores open.

Modelworks

Lifer
Feb 22, 2007
[I will repeat: PC Gaming is not in trouble. It is definitely SECOND FIDDLE TO CONSOLE GAMES FOR FIDUCIARY REASONS, but it's certainly not in trouble.

Less PC-exclusive titles doesn't mean PC gaming is in trouble. That's like saying PlayStation gaming was in trouble when Final Fantasy decided to launch on Microsoft's platform as well. Bioshock, for example, was one of the most enjoyable titles I played this year, and was of course developed console-centric.

Keep repeating that to yourself.

Less pc exclusive games is bad for the pc.
Your comparison with final fantasy makes no sense, thats a port , not a exclusive title.
Had they made Final fantasy pc only, then it might make sense.

When you develop for the console you make a game that is based on the consoles strengths, not the pc's. A good example is bioshock.
Bioshock could have been a much better game if it was pc exclusive.
Anyone who can't see that is blind to the facts.

When you develop for a console your severely limited by ram.
You have to optimize for what the hardware can do and how fast you can cache data off the disk. I know, I've dealt with it many many times.

Being told that no, that feature can't be done, because we can't fit it in ram.
Or no, we can't use the larger texture sizes because the hardware doesn't support it.

So what happens is games are developed for the console first, with all its limitations intact.
Then it is ported to the pc. Developers then make the code executeable on the pc, but other limitations in the title remain intact. They don't go back and upgrade textures, or make larger environments. Pc controls are tacked on and its shipped as a pc title.

What do you think people will play when all the pc titles become ports ?

BladeVenom

Lifer
Jun 2, 2005

Now that's a stupid question.

Valve has 15 Million subscribers. (Where's the console game that can match that?)
WoW has 10 Million subscribers, and made over a Billion dollars last year. (Where's the console game that can match that?)
The Sims sold over 70 million boxes. (Where's the console game that can match that?)
Even Crysis sold over a million games.
Currently Sins of a Solar Empire is selling well. Not bad for a small budget game.

Plenty of Exclusive for 2008.

EXCLUSIVES:

STRATEGY:

Sins of the Solar Empire
Starcraft 2
Empire: Total War
SPORE
Disciples III: Renaissance
Panzers: Cold War
Jagged Alliance 3
Heroes of Might and Magic Kingdoms
Demigod
Society
Cities Unlimited
Worldshift
Perimeter 2
Multiwinia
Europa Universalis Rome
Spaceforce : Captains
Napoleonic Wargame
Supreme Ruler 2020
Hegemony: Philip of Macedon
Jutland
Field Ops
Seven Kingdoms: Conquest
HistWar: Les Grognars
Sudden Strike 3
Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War: Soulstorm
Anno 1701: Sunken Dragon
Celtic Kings2

ADVENTURE:

Gray Matter
Vampyre Story
Nikopol: The Carnival of Immortals
Dracula 3
Mata Hari
Sherlock Holmes versus Arsène Lupin
Still Life 2
Alternativa
So Blonde
Dracula: Origin
Simon the Sorcerer 4
Machinarium
Perry Rhodan
The Whispered World
The Path
Ankh 3: Battle of the Gods
Resonance
Penumbra: Black Plague
Love
Treasure Island
Art of Murder: FBI Confidential
Blackwell Convergence
Cassius Pearl
Secret Files 2
Abbey
Heaven
Overclocked
Memento Mori
Nostradamus - The Last Prophecy
Experience123
The Lost Crown: a Ghosthunting Adventure
Dead Mountaineer Hotel
Kaptain Brawe
AGON: The Lost Sword of Toledo
Mozart
Sinking Island
Juniper Crescent - The Sapphire Claw
Dreamfall Chapters

RPGs:

Dragon Age
King's Bounty: the Legend
Drakensang: The Dark Eye
Dropship
Afterfall
Reluctant Hero
Space Siege
Hard to be God
Mount and Blade
Not the Time for Dragons
Legend: Hand of God
Age of Decadence
The Broken Hourglass
Seeker
Avernum 5
Mysteries of Westgate
Guild Wars 2
Ragnarok Online 2
Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning
Pirates of Burning Sea
Warld of Warcraft: Wrath of Lich King
Dragonball Online

PUZZLE:

Subversion
Overflow
Democracy 2
Cosmic Osmo's Hex Isle
World of Goo
Crayon Physics Deluxe
Crazy Machines 2
Katamari Online

ACTION:

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky
Ground Branch
Enemy in Sight
Far Cry 2
Natural Selection 2
Tomboish Witches
Captain Claw 2
Global Agenda
Hammerfall
Chrome 2
Lone Wolf: Flight from the Dark
Kwari
Zeno Clash
Gish 2
FinnWars 2
Audiosurf
The Spirit Engine 2
Ascension
Fireteam Reloaded
King Solomon's Treasures
Alien Swarm: Infested
Cryostasis
Cletus Clay
Eduardo The Samurai Toaster
Face wound
Savage II: Tortured Soul
Black Sky
They Hunger: Lost Souls
Armada Online
Limbo
Collapse
American McGee's Grimm
Americas Army

SIMULATION:

Storm of War: Battle of Britain
Digital Combat Simulator: Black Shark
Jet Thunder
Fighter Ops
Jumpgate Evolution
Infinity: The Quest for Earth
Universe Online
Microsoft Train Simulator 2
Knights of the Sky
Silent Hunter 4: U-Boat Missions

RACING:

Live for Speed S3
FiRST RACING
ARCA Sim Racing
Turismo Carretera
MOTORM4X

The list may be slightly out of date. But it's gives a good idea of what's coming.

Starcrat 2 is estimated to sell over 13 million copies.

Modelworks

Lifer
Feb 22, 2007
Originally posted by: BladeVenom

Now that's a stupid question.

Valve has 15 Million subscribers. (Where's the console game that can match that?)
WoW has 10 Million subscribers, and made over a Billion dollars last year. (Where's the console game that can match that?)
The Sims sold over 70 million boxes. (Where's the console game that can match that?)
Even Crysis sold over a million games.
Currently Sins of a Solar Empire is selling well. Not bad for a small budget game.
Steams numbers are from multiple titles.
Wow's numbers have always been highly scpeculative. Wow is a success, but its one of those 1 in a million .

The sims came out in 2000, 8 years ago before the pc really started to slide.
Also the 70 million number is the total of the entire franchise,consoles included.

Cysis selling a million ? Thats great, but it pales in comparison to console titles.
Look at the month of january.
Not a single pc title on the best selling list.
1. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare?Activision?Xbox 360?330.9K
2. Wii Play w/ remote?Nintendo?Wii?298.1K
3. Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock w/ guitar?Activision?Wii?239.6K
4. Rock Band special edition bundle?MTV/EA?Xbox 360?183.8K
5. Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock w/ guitar?Activision?Xbox 360?182.7K
6. Super Mario Galaxy?Nintendo?Wii?172K
7. Burnout Paradise?EA?Xbox 360?144.1K
8. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare?Activision?PS3?140K
9. Mario Party?Nintendo?NDS?138.5K
10. Mario and Sonic: Olympic Games?Sega?NDS?133K

I'm not saying that the console is better, its not , to me its worse.
And I'm not pulling these opinions out of thin air.
These are comments I hear from developers every job I do.
People are greedy and they want money, so they go where the money is.
If the pc is to get back to receiving more quality titles that are not ports, something has to change.

Of the titles posted, how many will be best sellers ?

BladeVenom

Lifer
Jun 2, 2005
NPD numbers are total bullshit. They don't even include online sales.

Wow's numbers have always been highly scpeculative.
Blizzard announced they have over 10 million susbcribers.link Blizzard made over $1.5 billion dollars. No speculation there, just read gaming news. link

The sims came out in 2000, 8 years ago before the pc really started to slide.
Also the 70 million number is the total of the entire franchise,consoles included.

The 70 million is PC sales of 16 million plus expansion packs. Expansion packs make lots of money.

Slide? The Sims sold 16 million, The Sims 2 sold over 14 million, and is still selling. That doesn't sound like much of a slide to me. There are even more expansion packs out for the second one than there were for the first.

Gabe Newell thinks PC gaming is doing great.

You can argue the details all you want, but you can't name a current console game that's making the kind of money the big PC games have made. OWNED.

ja1484

Platinum Member
Dec 31, 2007
Keep repeating that to yourself.

Ok. I will keep repeating the truth to myself. Done.

Less pc exclusive games is bad for the pc.

How? You think people only use their PCs to game? There are GOBS of hardware intensive applications that have nothing to do with gaming. PC Gaming could die altogether and I don't think the platform would notice much.

Your comparison with final fantasy makes no sense, thats a port , not a exclusive title.
Had they made Final fantasy pc only, then it might make sense.

Ok, use GTA then. Originally a Playstation exclusive franchise, now launching on XBox 360 as well. I fail to see how this diminishes either platform.

When you develop for the console you make a game that is based on the consoles strengths, not the pc's. A good example is bioshock.
Bioshock could have been a much better game if it was pc exclusive.
Anyone who can't see that is blind to the facts.

Oh really? And how would you make it better? An inventory system? Additional content which would require additional development time and cost?

"Better" means nothing if it doesn't get you more money - and you should know that better than myself or anyone else here being in the industry. BioShock, like every other game ever released, was designed for maximum return on investment. It just happens to be a very enjoyable experience on the side.

People tend to have thoughts like yours when they're confused and think that the arts have meaning if you can't sell them. Unfortunately, there seems to be a large branch of these nonthinkers within our society.

When you develop for a console your severely limited by ram.
You have to optimize for what the hardware can do and how fast you can cache data off the disk. I know, I've dealt with it many many times.

Being told that no, that feature can't be done, because we can't fit it in ram.
Or no, we can't use the larger texture sizes because the hardware doesn't support it.

So what happens is games are developed for the console first, with all its limitations intact.
Then it is ported to the pc. Developers then make the code executeable on the pc, but other limitations in the title remain intact. They don't go back and upgrade textures, or make larger environments. Pc controls are tacked on and its shipped as a pc title.

And? All this does is slow the evolution cycle of the technology to bring it in line with new console generation launches.

The gaming public wouldn't even notice. Everyone sits around now accepting that Crysis is destroying their highest-end gaming PCs because "the technology isn't there yet".

If consoles were suddenly the only game in town and all the industry companies told us that console development was the fastest pace that gaming technology could keep, would anyone know any different? Well, technically yes, but they signed an NDA.

Console games on their consoles and ported titles on their PC. What kind of stupid fucking question is this?

Why WOULD you play games on the PC if a console can deliver the same experience with less Q/A and support headaches? Right now, consoles can't, but if at some indeterminant point in the future they can, and we no longer need the PC for gaming, who gives a shit? The experience *I* receive as the gamer is no different, and I couldn't give less of a damn which platform I'm using.

I'm sure all this stuff matters to people in the industry, because it affects their livelihood, but it's very easy for me, working in another industry, to say "You should've worked in another fucking field."... and so I do. Not my goddam problem if PC Gaming happens to die and somebody out there has to deal with unfortunate consequences.

Modelworks

Lifer
Feb 22, 2007

Console games on their consoles and ported titles on their PC. What kind of stupid fucking question is this?

Why WOULD you play games on the PC if a console can deliver the same experience with less Q/A and support headaches? Right now, consoles can't, but if at some indeterminant point in the future they can, and we no longer need the PC for gaming, who gives a shit? The experience *I* receive as the gamer is no different, and I couldn't give less of a damn which platform I'm using.

I'm sure all this stuff matters to people in the industry, because it affects their livelihood, but it's very easy for me, working in another industry, to say "You should've worked in another fucking field."... and so I do. Not my goddam problem if PC Gaming happens to die and somebody out there has to deal with unfortunate consequences.

Your not worth the time a reply would take.

ja1484

Platinum Member
Dec 31, 2007

Your not worth the time a reply would take.

Read: You've got nothing and you're giving up?

BTW: "You're".