Click it or ticket

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

mastertech01

Moderator Emeritus Elite Member
Nov 13, 1999
Originally posted by: Insane3D
No! If that happens...I won't be able to drive well over the speed limit in my Mustang all the time. Do you have any idea how fun it is to put a high horsepower V8 car sideways? ;)

Sideways into another car, telephone pole or a tree?

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
He was/is so radical that even His "followers" don't get what He meant.
------------------
sandorski, I love your name, ain't dat da truth. Having been expelled from Berkeley for being too far to the left, I can really appreciate that comment. ;)

Now I just have to pray the etech doesn't see this.

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
Originally posted by: sandorski
Originally posted by: Moonbeam
Hello? HELLO? HELLO? What's you mean white boy? Take yo hello to church wit chew. Wat chew said don't got nutten ta do wit what I said, man.

Who da hell u tink Jboy came fer, punks like chew?

Hehe.

It is my belief that Jesus would be crucified(in a manner of speaking) by the contemporary Religious Hierarchy just like those of His time. He was/is so radical that even His "followers" don't get what He meant. :)

Are you saying Moonbeam is like Jesus?

Who was it that posted that MB thought he .... ummmm what was that???????

;)

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: HJD1
Hello? HELLO? HELLO? What's you mean white boy? Take yo hello to church wit chew. Wat chew said don't got nutten ta do wit what I said, man.

Hehe.

It is my belief that Jesus would be crucified(in a manner of speaking) by the contemporary Religious Hierarchy just like those of His time. He was/is so radical that even His "followers" don't get what He meant. :)

;)

:p No, everybody knows that Jesus is a Republican:confused: :p
Err...or atleast Pat Buchannon and Dr.Luara say so :p:D

CkG

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
He was/is so radical that even His "followers" don't get what He meant.
------------------
sandorski, I love your name, ain't dat da truth. Having been expelled from Berkeley for being too far to the left, I can really appreciate that comment. ;)

Now I just have to pray the etech doesn't see this.

To whom or what party would be the question or both.;)

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: HJD1

Hehe.

Who was it that posted that MB thought he .... ummmm what was that???????

;)

No, though he's got the Parable speak down quite well. :)

Originally posted by: charrison
But an adult not wearing a seatbelt isn't a threat to public safety and therefore shouldn't be law in the first place but checkpoints?

An adult is a member of the public. The police are responsible to protect and maintain public safety. I hope you understand that it's much better to get a $100 ticket than it is to go flying headfirst through a laminated windshield, crushing your skull and having your brain leak out your nose.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: jumpr
But an adult not wearing a seatbelt isn't a threat to public safety and therefore shouldn't be law in the first place but checkpoints?

An adult is a member of the public. The police are responsible to protect and maintain public safety. I hope you understand that it's much better to get a $100 ticket than it is to go flying headfirst through a laminated windshield, crushing your skull and having your brain leak out your nose.

Your logic is flawed but i'll indulge you for a minute. What about motorcycles? Some states don't even require helmets anymore.

CkG

Originally posted by: CADkindaGUY

Your logic is flawed but i'll indulge you for a minute. What about motorcycles? Some states don't even require helmets anymore.

CkG

A motorcycle is fundamentally a different motor vehicle than a car. Motorcyclists are exposed to everything; the elements, the road, other cars, bugs, wind, etc. Their bikes don't have seatbelts because, think about it! If they get into an accident, a belt won't keep them safe - it'll crush their bones as their bodies strain against the weight of the motorcycle.

Same with helmets - I know for a fact that Michigan requires helmets for its motorcyclists. Everyone knows it's safer to wear a helmet, but if you choose not to, it's your choice. Motorcyclists invite serious injury every day just because it's their bones against other cars should they get into a collision. Conversely, in an automobile, it's metal versus metal, and occupants are very well protected with cushioned interiors, seatbelts, impact-absorbing crumple zones, etc. I'm not saying cyclists are bad people - I'm just saying it's a big risk to take.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com

CkG

A motorcycle is fundamentally a different motor vehicle than a car. Motorcyclists are exposed to everything; the elements, the road, other cars, bugs, wind, etc. Their bikes don't have seatbelts because, think about it! If they get into an accident, a belt won't keep them safe - it'll crush their bones as their bodies strain against the weight of the motorcycle.

Same with helmets - I know for a fact that Michigan requires helmets for its motorcyclists. Everyone knows it's safer to wear a helmet, but if you choose not to, it's your choice. Motorcyclists invite serious injury every day just because it's their bones against other cars should they get into a collision. Conversely, in an automobile, it's metal versus metal, and occupants are very well protected with cushioned interiors, seatbelts, impact-absorbing crumple zones, etc. I'm not saying cyclists are bad people - I'm just saying it's a big risk to take.

Ah, I get it. For motorcycles it is just a "risk" to not wear a helmet, but in a car, wearing seatbelts is about saving the "public". Yep, think I got it now:p

CkG

CkG

Ah, I get it. For motorcycles it is just a "risk" to not wear a helmet, but in a car, wearing seatbelts is about saving the "public". Yep, think I got it now:p

CkG

Look, if it's not a law to wear a helmet, the police can't help that. It's an officer's job to enforce the laws which keep people safe. If the law that keeps motorcyclists safe isn't in place, then there's nothing an officer can do.

BarneyFife

Diamond Member
Aug 12, 2001

They should make his family members scrape him off the street then instead of using tax payers money because he wants to be cool. Go ahead and smoke, drink, and don't wear a seat belt. The only person you are hurting is yourself.

LeadMagnet

Platinum Member
Mar 26, 2003
Kind of strange watching race car driving and a driver wearing a 6 point seatbelt slams into a concrete wall doing 200MPH and he climbs out of the car and waves to everyone he is ok.

A Old lady hits a tree while backing into a parking spot at 3MPH and her head flies off.