Clark promises no more terrorist attacks if elected

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

jadinolf

Lifer
Oct 12, 1999
Originally posted by: Pliablemoose
Clark promises no more terrorist attacks if elected: Article

That's about the dumbest thing he could say:

Wesley Clark said yesterday the two greatest lies of the last three years are that the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks couldn't have been prevented and that another attack is inevitable.

He said a Clark administration would protect America in the future.

"If I'm president of the United States, I'm going to take care of the American people," Clark said in a meeting with the Monitor editorial board. "We are not going to have one of these incidents."

That's wonderful. Problem solved. VOTE FOR WES.

glugglug

Diamond Member
Jun 9, 2002
Originally posted by: jadinolf

That's wonderful. Problem solved. VOTE FOR WES.

The sad thing is that most of the bovine Americans are stupid enough to do that on the basis of the stupid statement with frightening implications to anyone who really thinks about it mentioned in the OP.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: Flyermax2k3
Originally posted by: Pliablemoose
Originally posted by: glugglug
Clark scares me a lot. He is giving Bush a run for the money in the bullheadedness department. Unfortunately he fits Titor's description of the 2005 president a lot better than Dean does...

Really none of the candidates are good. Now more than ever it is a matter of voting against the worst choices rather than voting for someone.

We need a new rule, I like the one about the first person who mentions "Hitler" automatically loses the argument, I propose the mention of "John Titor" loses the argument.

John Titor? Comeon.... And you guys thought *I* was a whacko!

Hehe, well, according to what I've read on Titor, we should know this year whether he's for real or not.

Flyermax2k3

Diamond Member
Mar 1, 2003
Originally posted by: sandorski

Hehe, well, according to what I've read on Titor, we should know this year whether he's for real or not.

How ironic, we shall know this year whether I'm for real or not as well ;)

tallest1

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2001
Originally posted by: Piano Man
Bold words. How in the hell can you promise something like that?

Bold indeed. Not even Bush would dare make a lie like that.....no wait, he would.

mfs378

May 19, 2003
I think Clark's quote is being taken out of context, or maybe he worded it poorly. Since all we have is one sentance I really can't say.

If you've listened to what Clark has said in the past, you will have heard him say that Bush had intel on the severity of the Bin Laden threat, and didn't come up with a plan to deal with it. Clark has said that he would have responded to the threat.

I direct your attention to this video (about 2 minutes in). This gives a better idea of Clark's position.

phillyTIM

Golden Member
Jan 12, 2001
We only had one terrorist attack on our homeland in the past 226 years before 9/11 (and 9/11 was allowed to happen by Bush's Regime).

Odds are that Clark can stand behind his claim.

The best thing to happen to America would be for someone with Clark's skills & credentials to be Commander-In-Chief.

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
Originally posted by: phillyTIM
We only had one terrorist attack on our homeland in the past 226 years before 9/11 (and 9/11 was allowed to happen by Bush's Regime).

Please clarify the word by.

There have been other attacks, just not so symbolic and picked up by the media.

alchemize

Lifer
Mar 24, 2000

Odds are that Clark can stand behind his claim.

The best thing to happen to America would be for someone with Clark's skills & credentials to be Commander-In-Chief.

I see somebody has crawled out from under his rock, or escaped the Secret Service...

So I guess the van bomb in the WTC wasn't a terrorist attack? And there were a few more...

Of course, why point out the obvious, you have no interest in the truth. Never had.

phillyTIM

Golden Member
Jan 12, 2001
ahhh - the right-wing-slugs crawl out along side us and offer nothing but their feeble, personal-attack retorts

glad, or perhaps sad, to see things haven't changed around here ;)

phillyTIM

Golden Member
Jan 12, 2001
hmmm, sounds like alchemize may have been the pot calling the kettle black, eh ManSnake?

heh heh

alchemize

Lifer
Mar 24, 2000
hmmm, sounds like alchemize may have been the pot calling the kettle black, eh ManSnake?

heh heh

And which part of this statement was truthful? I can certainly disprove the first part, and you certainly have no proof of the second.

ahhh - the right-wing-slugs crawl out along side us and offer nothing but their feeble, personal-attack retorts
ahh-the tin foil fear monger conspiracy theorists sidestep fact and evidence, make broad sweeping statements that have no merit. You've never provided anything other than spittle-filled rhetoric to this board, and probably never will.

Mansnake: take yours and put it where the sun don't shine. You obviously have nothing to contribue either.

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
Originally posted by: alchemize
And which part of this statement was truthful? I can certainly disprove the first part, and you certainly have no proof of the second.

Patience. He stated that only one before 9/11.

This will depend on what he will clarify as a terrorist attack .

Enough rope is needed to hang himself, if he chooses to put the noose around his neck.

phillyTIM

Golden Member
Jan 12, 2001
alch: i probably should have been a bit more clear, because you have obviously spoken too soon about disproving what i had in mind.

i should have said: "We only had one terrorist attack (the 1993 WTC bombing) on our homeland in the past 226 years before 9/11 (and 9/11 was allowed to happen by Bush's Regime)."

Time and history will prove out the second part, I'm confident.

charrison

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
linkage

MANCHESTER, N.H., Jan. 14 -- Shortly after the new year, Wesley K. Clark told the editorial board at a local newspaper here that no terrorist attacks would occur in the United States if he is elected president. The next day, the retired Army commander scaled back his promise. "Nobody can guarantee anything in life," he said.