Clark promises no more terrorist attacks if elected

Pliablemoose

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
Clark promises no more terrorist attacks if elected: Article

That's about the dumbest thing he could say:

Wesley Clark said yesterday the two greatest lies of the last three years are that the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks couldn't have been prevented and that another attack is inevitable.

He said a Clark administration would protect America in the future.

"If I'm president of the United States, I'm going to take care of the American people," Clark said in a meeting with the Monitor editorial board. "We are not going to have one of these incidents."

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
LOL, when was the last time a Politician kept his promise i.e. "We will not get into the business of Nation Building"

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Initially, I thought Clark was a promising candidate. As time goes by I realize I will have to go for Dean. I have some ideological differences with him. He isn't the perfect "fit" for me. That said, I want Bush out. Dean is the front runner, so it looks like he is my boy in spite of that I consider shortcomings.

burnedout

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 1999
Hindsight is usually 20/20 and sometimes 20/15. At any rate, I'm still going with General Clark. For the first time in my life, I plan on voting in a Democratic primary (almost barfed up breakfast when typing "Democratic primary") to support him.

XZeroII

Lifer
Jun 30, 2001
Clark is highly manipulative. More so than others, he will promise every american a gold brick if he gets elected and the foolish will believe him.

FrodoB

Apr 5, 2001
Clark is a dangerous man with no political experience and was horribly incompetent as a general. He was also a Republican as recent as a year ago and is only using the Democratic party as a means to grab power. I'm not a democrat, but my advice for democrats that are considering him as a real candidate is to do some research. Start here: http://www.dissidentvoice.org/Articles8/DVNS_Wesley-Clark.htm

BaliBabyDoc

Lifer
Jan 20, 2001
Dean, Clark, Kerry, or Edwards . . . any combination of the four will be just fine.

Last time I checked Bush was still promising jobs. Of course, yesterday he had this gem (paraphrase), "this economy is producing jobs but we need to do better" (yeah I would say 1000 jobs a month kinda sux). "But the unemployment rate fell to 5.7!" because people are so discouraged by the Fantastic Bush Economy they stopped looking for work.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: Pliablemoose

Wesley Clark said yesterday the two greatest lies of the last three years are that the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks couldn't have been prevented and that another attack is inevitable.

"If I'm president of the United States, I'm going to take care of the American people," Clark said in a meeting with the Monitor editorial board. "We are not going to have one of these incidents."

Did he also promise to resign if there was an attack(if he actually did become President)?

Red - I think you are selectively using a position that did not specifically address Iraq. Bush has some very specific comments on Iraq and what was to be done with them.

CkG

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: CADkindaGUY

Did he also promise to resign if there was an attack(if he actually did become President)?

Red - I think you are selectively using a position that did not specifically address Iraq. Bush has some very specific comments on Iraq and what was to be done with them.

CkG
Well when he loaded up his cabinet with Neocons there wasn't any doubt what he had in mind for Iraq. 9/11 only helped them further their Iraq agenda be allowing them to play on the Patriotic fervor of the American Public which was a direct result of 9/11 (as was his popularity at the time)

BaliBabyDoc

Lifer
Jan 20, 2001
Well since jobs aren't materializing . . . when is Bush planning to resign? Oh nevermind, I forgot that adverse events in this administration are always someone's fault other than Bush.

XZeroII

Lifer
Jun 30, 2001
Originally posted by: BaliBabyDoc
Well since jobs aren't materializing . . . when is Bush planning to resign? Oh nevermind, I forgot that adverse events in this administration are always someone's fault other than Bush.

Why should he resign? That is perhaps the most ignorant statement I've read in a long time.

tallest1

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2001
I don't know why people want to vote for that guy. Noting what Frodo just said, the guy flip flops on issues more than republicans claim Dean does. You have to back him into a corner to get him to tell us how he stands on issues. Hes goes into a fit whenever the media accuses him of anything. Hes hardly been in the news for an entire month and everything he says sound scripted. Sure, he might make a good president but he really needs to work on the way he markets himself.

Gaard

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2002
Originally posted by: XZeroII
Originally posted by: BaliBabyDoc

Why should he resign? That is perhaps the most ignorant statement I've read in a long time.

I thiink BBD's ''resign" statement was in reference to this statement by CAD...

...about Clark's attack promise.

Genesys

Golden Member
Nov 10, 2003
ROFL, hey, if he can promise me ill be ridiculously wealthy, ill vote for him in the primaries and then ill vote for him over Bush!

Feb 3, 2001

Aww, how very patriarchical of him! :) So if he can *promise* that we won't have any more terrorist attacks if he is president, is he admitting to having some political pull or input into terrorist operations? Because I can't see another single method by which you could reasonably make such a guarantee.

Jason

FrodoB

Apr 5, 2001
Clark is like the used car salesman that will say anything to make a sale.
If he managed to win the democrat nomination, there might as well not even be an election. Bush would defeat him in one of the most lopsided elections ever. I think Gephardt is the only hope for the Democrats to defeat Bush.

digitalsm

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2003
Originally posted by: FrodoB
If he managed to win the democrat nomination, there might as well not even be an election. Bush would defeat him in one of the most lopsided elections ever. I think Gephardt is the only hope for the Democrats to defeat Bush.

Deans more of a sleazy carsalesmen than Clark. Dean has said some whoppers on an almost weekly basis.

FrodoB

Apr 5, 2001
Originally posted by: digitalsm
Originally posted by: FrodoB

Deans more of a sleazy carsalesmen than Clark. Dean has said some whoppers on an almost weekly basis.

I know, isn't it funny? He's no match for Bush, either. I don't think the American people know too much about Dean at this point. When they discover more about Dean, it willl be a landslide victory for Bush.
A horrendous democrat defeat is what the Clintons desire so Hillary can run in 2008.

glugglug

Diamond Member
Jun 9, 2002
Clark scares me a lot. He is giving Bush a run for the money in the bullheadedness department. Unfortunately he fits Titor's description of the 2005 president a lot better than Dean does...

Really none of the candidates are good. Now more than ever it is a matter of voting against the worst choices rather than voting for someone.

Pliablemoose

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
Originally posted by: glugglug
Clark scares me a lot. He is giving Bush a run for the money in the bullheadedness department. Unfortunately he fits Titor's description of the 2005 president a lot better than Dean does...

Really none of the candidates are good. Now more than ever it is a matter of voting against the worst choices rather than voting for someone.

We need a new rule, I like the one about the first person who mentions "Hitler" automatically loses the argument, I propose the mention of "John Titor" loses the argument.

Flyermax2k3

Diamond Member
Mar 1, 2003

:Q Perhaps I was mistaken about Bush... I had a feeling this guy was the Antichrist. I guess we'll find out in a few months.

Flyermax2k3

Diamond Member
Mar 1, 2003
Originally posted by: glugglug

We need a new rule, I like the one about the first person who mentions "Hitler" automatically loses the argument, I propose the mention of "John Titor" loses the argument.

John Titor? Comeon.... And you guys thought *I* was a whacko!