Circuit City Owes Me $389 - UPDATE: 24 days later I'm getting my money back

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Dec 4, 2002
You should have just walked right into your local store instead of calling even the first time. Would have most likely saved yourself this entire hassel.

Either way, looks like hands down sh!tty customer service to me.

You need to call back and give dates and times when you called when you were offered the $400. This time, keep track of names and the times and just keep going up the ladder.

Oct 19, 2000
Originally posted by: purbeast0
if I were you I would just return the TV and not deal with this mess.

Agreed. Keeping the TV at this stage in the game is pointless. Why go through all the trouble when you can just tell them to give ALL of your money back instead of $400? Buy your TV elsewhere. Hell, by the time you're done with all this legal wrangling, regardless of whether you get your money back or not, TV's will be cheaper anyway :p.

Jschmuck2

Diamond Member
Jul 13, 2005
I just called this number (804) 527-4000 and asked to be put through to someone who could help me with my situation. I like to think that because I'm an actor - I'm pretty good at sounding desperate but firm when I'm on the phone. I spoke to someone who explained that because it was done online the home delivery people were the ones who had to do the price adjustment.

Listen folks and this is dead on serious the delivery people were actually two people, two hispanic gentlemen, one about 30 years old and the other must've been his son who was around 15. The older guy literally carried my 50" tv up the stairs on his back. ON HIS BACK. His son hauled the home theater equipment up behind him. They dropped it off and left - no offer to set up, no offer to remove the boxes. Nothing.

These are the people who deal with price adjusting? Does that sound a little...I dunno...off? To anyone?

Jschmuck2

Diamond Member
Jul 13, 2005
I have 10 days left to return it. If this isn't resolved by day 10 I'll rent a truck and take it to the store and buy a new flippin' TV on Amazon.

Dec 4, 2002
Delivery People can't make price adjustments. Call back, and ask for a manager right away. Don't even talk to whoever picks up the phone. (except maybe name/phone etc)

Jschmuck2

Diamond Member
Jul 13, 2005
Waiting on a return phone call now. I hope they call - I look ridiculous driving a truck.

RKS

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Citrix
do you really think CC gives a crap about the BBB?

news flash for you. the BBB is a private company they have no power, the only people who care about the BBB are small business who PAY TO BE MEMBERS of the BBB.

I've never understood why people think the BBB is even relevant. If the OP wants to really make waves without going to small-claims court, I would recommend contacting the states Attorney General.

Jhill

Diamond Member
Oct 28, 2001
Originally posted by: RKS
Originally posted by: Citrix
do you really think CC gives a crap about the BBB?

news flash for you. the BBB is a private company they have no power, the only people who care about the BBB are small business who PAY TO BE MEMBERS of the BBB.

I've never understood why people think the BBB is even relevant. If the OP wants to really make waves without going to small-claims court, I would recommend contacting the states Attorney General.

You have to admit. The BBB is one of the better thought out scams we've seen in our lives. I mean A LOT of people actually think they are legit.

mugs

Lifer
Apr 29, 2003
Originally posted by: Jschmuck2
Listen folks and this is dead on serious the delivery people were actually two people, two hispanic gentlemen, one about 30 years old and the other must've been his son who was around 15. The older guy literally carried my 50" tv up the stairs on his back. ON HIS BACK. His son hauled the home theater equipment up behind him. They dropped it off and left - no offer to set up, no offer to remove the boxes. Nothing.

Is setup part of Circuit City's delivery service? Did the guy break your TV? :confused:

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Originally posted by: 911paramedic
That "web only" crap is a scam. I wanted to buy a soundcard so I searched online and found one at CC, said NOTHING about a "web only" price, even when I checked the in-store stock online.

I get there and it's labeled $10 more than the web, and when I get to the register they give me that same story... "That's the price you pay online and then pick it up here."

MANAGER!!! MANAGER!!!

It's crap.

Actually no it`s not crap!!
They make there own guidelines for purchasing theree products.
Web Only means just that....

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Originally posted by: BoomerD
AFter reading your OP, I don't see where CC actually OWES you anything. YOU admit that you mis-ordered the TV by failing to click on the "web-only special" link that would have gotten you the deal you actually wanted. Sure, it would be great customer service if they went ahead and provided it to you once you noticed the error, but come on, CC isn't known for their great customer service...especially if it might cost them $$$.
You can bitch and complain, file BBB complaints, etc., but what it all comes down to, is user error, NOT anything that CC did wrong.

Incorrect. I spoke to customer service on the phone and the issue was resolved. The CSR I spoke to assured me the difference would be credited to my bank account. It's just that simple.

But thanks for your really informative, helpful and kind post. I really appreciate it.

The key words being-- assured me the difference would be credited--correct?

ok--- where is the difference? hmmmm

Looks like you got owned by the CC dept!

MrDudeMan

Lifer
Jan 15, 2001
Originally posted by: JEDIYoda
Originally posted by: BoomerD
AFter reading your OP, I don't see where CC actually OWES you anything. YOU admit that you mis-ordered the TV by failing to click on the "web-only special" link that would have gotten you the deal you actually wanted. Sure, it would be great customer service if they went ahead and provided it to you once you noticed the error, but come on, CC isn't known for their great customer service...especially if it might cost them $$$.
You can bitch and complain, file BBB complaints, etc., but what it all comes down to, is user error, NOT anything that CC did wrong.

Incorrect. I spoke to customer service on the phone and the issue was resolved. The CSR I spoke to assured me the difference would be credited to my bank account. It's just that simple.

But thanks for your really informative, helpful and kind post. I really appreciate it.

The key words being-- assured me the difference would be credited--correct?

ok--- where is the difference? hmmmm

Looks like you got owned by the CC dept!

It's amazing how all 7160 of your posts are this stupid. Honestly, most of the worthless posts you make are in the top tier of worthless posts in the forum database. This is not a complicated situation - guy was promised money -> money didn't come -> guy is rightfully pissed regardless of him making a mistake to begin with -> you make incredibly stupid and irrelevant post -> here we are.

cherrytwist

Diamond Member
Apr 11, 2000
Things I've learned from this thread:

1) Do not, under any circumstances, trust anyone named "Crystal".
2) redact - DEFINITION: To redact is to edit, or prepare for publishing.
3) OP is an attention whore.

Looney

Lifer
Jun 13, 2000
Good to see you made it to the Consumerist. I would take it back if i were you. I would never deal with a company that treated me like that. It's no wonder that BB is crushing CC in sales.

Jschmuck2

Diamond Member
Jul 13, 2005
Originally posted by: cherrytwist
Things I've learned from this thread:

1) Do not, under any circumstances, trust anyone named "Crystal".
2) redact - DEFINITION: To redact is to edit, or prepare for publishing.
3) OP is an attention whore.

Zing. :(