Circuit City Owes Me $389 - UPDATE: 24 days later I'm getting my money back

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
shit i would take it back and contact samsung.

i wouldnt deal the the store anymore.

crystal

Platinum Member
Nov 5, 1999
Originally posted by: cherrytwist
Things I've learned from this thread:

1) Do not, under any circumstances, trust anyone named "Crystal".

Are you calling me a liar and not trust worthy!!! :|

Furiously delete all traces of conversation in log. <shift eyes>

Injury

Lifer
Jul 19, 2004
Originally posted by: Jschmuck2
Originally posted by: Citrix
do you really think CC gives a crap about the BBB?

news flash for you. the BBB is a private company they have no power, the only people who care about the BBB are small business who PAY TO BE MEMBERS of the BBB.

I guess not? Again, that's why I made this post in the first place - I don't really know the answers. Apparently the BBB is a useless shill organization put in place to lull me into a false sense of consumer security.

But now I know and knowing is half the battle.

GI Joe.

At least it's a good thing that they are probably losing business worth more than $400 over this post. I think of the nightmare stories I've heard from CC on AT alone, I'll never make a purchase any bigger than an occasional on-sale CD/DVD.

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001
awesome, grats on consumerist; tons of comments for you too

Phokus

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999
If a company did that to me, i would call them 10 times a day every day and make them lose more money than they save from screwing me over and then i would put them through small claims court.

ScottyB

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2002
I bought a laptop from them and had to pay the 15% restocking fee when returning it even though it was broken. I didn't read their in-store "disclaimers" and didn't see that I would have to trade in the defective item for the exact same item. I won't be shopping there again.

Jschmuck2

Diamond Member
Jul 13, 2005
Wow - that's a lot of comments. A lot of venom dripping off of that digg post there.

Ah well. Good news is, I'm getting my money. The end.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
Wow - that's a lot of comments. A lot of venom dripping off of that digg post there.

and hopefully you learned ot pay fucking attention when buying something. considering this is 100% your fault.

Jschmuck2

Diamond Member
Jul 13, 2005
Originally posted by: waggy

and hopefully you learned ot pay fucking attention when buying something. considering this is 100% your fault.

You must be very lonely at night.

No - it really isn't my fault and I'll thank you to kindly blow me. Had they not offered to adjust my order and refund me in the first place I would've just canceled the whole thing and been done with it.

But they did, so I believed them.

I hope you're not teaching your adorable kids to be such a huge prick.

SoulAssassin

Diamond Member
Feb 1, 2001

No - it really isn't my fault and I'll thank you to kindly blow me. Had they not offered to adjust my order and refund me in the first place I would've just canceled the whole thing and been done with it.

What part of you clicking the wrong link makes it not your fault? I'm not trying to be a dick, I'm just curious how you're rationing the root cause of this whole thing doesn't end with you.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000

you clicked the wrong link! how the fuck is it NOT YOUR FAULT? i do agree the CS person shouldnt have told you they would refund it.

am i teaching my kids to be pricks? nope but i am teaching them to take responbility for something they messed up..something that your parents did not do.

Jschmuck2

Diamond Member
Jul 13, 2005
Originally posted by: SoulAssassin

What part of you clicking the wrong link makes it not your fault? I'm not trying to be a dick, I'm just curious how you're rationing the root cause of this whole thing doesn't end with you.

In all honesty - am I not being clear enough? Let me try harder:

Things would've stopped right then and there had they told me that, because I didn't click on a the correct link I wouldn't get this sale, that I was out of luck. But they didn't. The offered to makes things right and then dropped off the face of the planet. That's the part that was doing it.

Yes - I fucked up. I don't recall ever denying that. Can we just leave it at that?

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
Originally posted by: SoulAssassin

In all honesty - am I not being clear enough? Let me try harder:

Things would've stopped right then and there had they told me that, because I didn't click on a the correct link I wouldn't get this sale, that I was out of luck. But they didn't. The offered to makes things right and then dropped off the face of the planet. That's the part that was doing it.

Yes - I fucked up. I don't recall ever denying that. Can we just leave it at that?

actually i guess you did deny it.