Cindy McCain releases 2006 tax returns

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

seemingly random

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 2007
I remember as recently as a few days ago she said that she was absolutely not going to release them - just another political lie.

Tax records are not necessarily useful in uncovering any possible chicanery except of the inept. The very rich have ways of burying stuff that doesn't show up - enron, etc.

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002
Originally posted by: Nebor
Originally posted by: DealMonkey
Originally posted by: Queasy
When does Obama release his medical records?
He doesn't need to! (A) He's in great shape, and (B) He doesn't suffer from PTSD (i.e. no "Nam" flashbacks of Charlie torturing him), (C) He's not suffering from malignant melanoma from rotting in the sunny and scenic jungle prison camps of Vietnam.

You can choke on a cock for insinuating that McCain's service represents a liability instead of incredible bravery and heroism. :|

Becoming a POW is indicative of heroism and bravery? A lot of Americans have become pussified to the extent that losing is actually winning.

seemingly random

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 2007
Originally posted by: Lemon law
Now we go into the silly season on a thread that was supposed to be about a single issue, namely the release or non release of Cindy MCains's tax records. And now we are talking about health side issues and everything else the cat can drag in.

What the hell is wrong with acknowledging that Cindy McCain has started to do the right things?
Nothing.

It's just that there is probably some nefarious reason for the release.

JD50

Lifer
Sep 4, 2005
Originally posted by: Dari
He doesn't need to! (A) He's in great shape, and (B) He doesn't suffer from PTSD (i.e. no "Nam" flashbacks of Charlie torturing him), (C) He's not suffering from malignant melanoma from rotting in the sunny and scenic jungle prison camps of Vietnam.

You can choke on a cock for insinuating that McCain's service represents a liability instead of incredible bravery and heroism. :|

Becoming a POW is indicative of heroism and bravery? A lot of Americans have become pussified to the extent that losing is actually winning.

That's a great strategy, you guys should call John McCain a pussy for "becoming a POW", I'm sure that will go over well in the General Elections.

JD50

Lifer
Sep 4, 2005
Originally posted by: UberNeuman
Originally posted by: Craig234
Originally posted by: Craig234
DealMonkey is exactly right about the history of releasing things late Friday as a way to bury them. As to whether there's something controversial in her tax returns, we don't yet know, but it's nothing that was identified in the first read by the reporter quoted above. It may well be nothing more than that the McCain campaign doesn't want the media attention focused on her wealth.

Bullshit Craig234, you can bet that democratic swiftboaters will now go to over time work on what they have now. It may sail over the head of voters today, but as Arnie says, the issues if any will be a "I will be back" by November.

It may be the American dream that any boy or girl can grow up to be President, but what parents forget to warn about is don't marry a Presidential contender and expect to have a right to privacy.

I can't begin to tell what you are disagreeing with me on, much less the cause for your tone.

I doubt LL posted that. It's not his normal tone....

He also used the quote function, which is a dead giveaway that LL didn't post it.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004

McCain was a total pussy, I mean, look how he used his family connections to sell his fellow soldiers out at the drop of a hat, what a douchebag. :roll:

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002
Originally posted by: loki8481

McCain was a total pussy, I mean, look how he used his family connections to sell his fellow soldiers out at the drop of a hat, what a douchebag. :roll:

Whatever. Nebor's low bar for heroism is indicative of the reason why the top American universities attract second-rate Asian students. The bar keeps getting lower and lower.

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002
Originally posted by: JD50

That's a great strategy, you guys should call John McCain a pussy for "becoming a POW", I'm sure that will go over well in the General Elections.

I speak for myself. I see nothing fucking heroic for being captured. That's like failing at grad-school. Losing is nothing to be proud of. He served his country and that's great. But, damn, the guy was shot down and became a POW. If he was Japanese, he probably would've killed himself before they got to his plane.

marincounty

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2005

Well it worked for GWB, smearing a war hero.

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
I speak for myself. I see nothing fucking heroic for being captured. That's like failing at grad-school. Losing is nothing to be proud of. He served his country and that's great. But, damn, the guy was shot down and became a POW. If he was Japanese, he probably would've killed himself before they got to his plane.

I wouldn't vote for McCain come hell or high water, but to make light of what he endured, with dignity and courage and honor no less, is beneath my contempt.

JD50

Lifer
Sep 4, 2005
Originally posted by: marincounty

Well it worked for GWB, smearing a war hero.

At least you're admitting that the Dems are no better than the Repubs.

JD50

Lifer
Sep 4, 2005
Originally posted by: Perknose

I wouldn't vote for McCain come hell or high water, but to make light of what he endured, with dignity and courage and honor no less, is beneath my contempt.

I agree with Perknose here, and God knows that's a rarity.

JD50

Lifer
Sep 4, 2005

Good point. Getting shot down, captured, tortured, given an opportunity to go home but refusing because you're brothers in arms don't get the same opportunity, then getting tortured some more, is exactly the same as failing at grad-school.....:roll:

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005

A) Obama is/was a smoker.
B) Obama is a black man. They are typically at greater risk of things like high blood pressure and prostate cancer.
C) Obama is a human being (not a divine being) and is subject to all sorts of other crap.

I think it is only fair.

Not only that, other odds are against him. Do we really know him? Has he ever been through rehab? Has he ever had run in's with the law?

We gotta know dammit.

Jun 27, 2005

Ummm... How do you know all this? He hasn't released his medical records.

Jun 27, 2005

What the hell is wrong with acknowledging that Cindy McCain has started to do the right things?

Started doing the right things? What was she doing wrong? Cindy isn't running for president. Her finances are absolutely separate from her husband's. She doesn't have to reveal anything if she doesn't want to. She only did it to prevent a lingering and endless parade of innuendo during the campaign. She could have told everyone to sit and spin and she would have been perfectly within her rights to do so.

daveymark

Lifer
Sep 15, 2003
Originally posted by: Whoozyerdaddy

Ummm... How do you know all this? He hasn't released his medical records.

agreed. I'd like to see physical examinations for obama, as well as examinations of his mental capacity

JD50

Lifer
Sep 4, 2005
Black men are much more susceptible to getting sickle cell anemia, we definitely need to see Obama's medical records.

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
While I've no doubt the release date was calculated and purposefully done, I don't see how it helps much. It usually takes a while to analyize and digest such tax returns, and they now have no control over what date any suspicious looking items will hit the news cycle.

Otherwise, I see no big deal about their release, we all know she is the heiress of a $100M beer (not liquor as stated by the article above) distribution business. It's not like she's running around the globe peddling influence and acting as a lobbyist for all sorts of characters like you know who.

Fern

DealMonkey

Lifer
Nov 25, 2001
Originally posted by: blackangst1

A) Obama is/was a smoker.
B) Obama is a black man. They are typically at greater risk of things like high blood pressure and prostate cancer.
C) Obama is a human being (not a divine being) and is subject to all sorts of other crap.

I think it is only fair.

Not only that, other odds are against him. Do we really know him? Has he ever been through rehab? Has he ever had run in's with the law?

We gotta know dammit.

Hey why don't you stay on topic?!? After admonishing everyone else for diverting in other threads, you'd think you'd follow your own advice. Sheesh. :roll:

smack Down

Diamond Member
Sep 10, 2005

Good point. Getting shot down, captured, tortured, given an opportunity to go home but refusing because you're brothers in arms don't get the same opportunity, then getting tortured some more, is exactly the same as failing at grad-school.....:roll:

Still isn't heroic.

JD50

Lifer
Sep 4, 2005
Originally posted by: smack Down

Still isn't heroic.

Sorry, not taking the bait.

jpeyton

Moderator in SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones
Aug 23, 2003

Still isn't heroic.

Sidney McSame, the guy graduated 894 out of 899 in his class at Naval Academy, lost 5 naval aircraft during his career, and had these glowing words from his flight instructor:

Greetings!

I was John McCain's Navy Flight Instructor --- in formation tactics and air-to-air-gunnery. I could write a book about this man. Suffice to state, I shudder (and I'm fearless) at the nightmare thought of this man becoming our next President and Commander in Chief. I am not alone as to this man's former shipmates, instructors and senior officers --- as to who and what this man is really all about. Although politics is really theater and the best performing actor gets to stay on the main stage --- sorta like American Idol only much more dangerous to all living things --- the performance and the make-over (re-invention) of this man is currently matched only by that of former LTC Oliver North, USMC (Ret.). Together on the same ticket, these two clowns would be real crowd pleasers in this sorry day and age of liars, banal dummies and limp-headed performers.

Thanx for having the guts to put the real deal information on the site re: John Sidney McCain III --- since the mainstream media is much too lazy to put the real story on McCain out there for the rest of their lazy consumers.

Best regards,

CDR Jerry K. Loeb, USN (Ret.)
Palm Desert, CA

KK

Lifer
Jan 2, 2001
Originally posted by: jpeyton

Still isn't heroic.

Sidney McSame, the guy graduated 894 out of 899 in his class at Naval Academy, lost 5 naval aircraft during his career, and had these glowing words from his flight instructor:

Greetings!

I was John McCain's Navy Flight Instructor --- in formation tactics and air-to-air-gunnery. I could write a book about this man. Suffice to state, I shudder (and I'm fearless) at the nightmare thought of this man becoming our next President and Commander in Chief. I am not alone as to this man's former shipmates, instructors and senior officers --- as to who and what this man is really all about. Although politics is really theater and the best performing actor gets to stay on the main stage --- sorta like American Idol only much more dangerous to all living things --- the performance and the make-over (re-invention) of this man is currently matched only by that of former LTC Oliver North, USMC (Ret.). Together on the same ticket, these two clowns would be real crowd pleasers in this sorry day and age of liars, banal dummies and limp-headed performers.

Thanx for having the guts to put the real deal information on the site re: John Sidney McCain III --- since the mainstream media is much too lazy to put the real story on McCain out there for the rest of their lazy consumers.

Best regards,

CDR Jerry K. Loeb, USN (Ret.)
Palm Desert, CA

uh huh, where'd you pull this bullshit from?

smack Down

Diamond Member
Sep 10, 2005

Still isn't heroic.

Sorry you right everyone is a hero. And every should get straight As.