Christmas is White Supremacy in Action

Page 9 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

agent00f

Lifer
Jun 9, 2016
Ok then.

Bad things happened a long time ago. This in particular was under the British Command.

Yawn.

"I'm not a slaveowner or commit genocide, I just get upset when people say mean things about Real americans who do".

agent00f

Lifer
Jun 9, 2016
Fixed that for you.

If this is a numbers game be sure to ask trumpsters the benefits of keeping lower class ethnicities in their place, just like back when america was great, but I suspect you've asked yourself and know the answer.

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
Fixed that for you.

You do know that the Civil War got started in no small part due to widescale slavery in the South, right? Saying "few" is like saying that a few Germans weren't particularly fond of Jewish people.

Real Americans accept that the country had massive, brutal racism in its past. Cowards try to sweep the past under the rug and pretend that serious, systemic racism is over.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
I was trying to say that there was always an American slave trade, that's why I posted the wiki link about it always existing
Your reply there again looks like you are saying Americans were being affected by the pirates well before you had slavery IN America
Before we had the white man's slave trade. There has been slavery everywhere there have been people, but slavery by Native Americans really cannot compare to European and American slavery of black Africans. Or North Africans' slavery of non-Muslims, for that matter. (Again, according to current academia; it's admittedly difficult to establish such things for prehistoric people. But we do have contemporary records, and some Native Americans took up recording their tribal oral history and customs. And we have archeological records; were there huge numbers of maimed or severely beaten or malnourished slaves, we would probably have some idea.)

Puffnstuff

Lifer
Mar 9, 2005
Nobody is denying that atrocities have occurred against black people. What we are saying is that they are not the only group to have suffered, therefore they do not deserve any special consideration beyond that of the other groups. All people should be treated equally but standards should not be lowered to accommodate them.

agent00f

Lifer
Jun 9, 2016
I didn't promise you shit.

Lying comes so easily to your sort, as if their integrity had zero value, even according to themselves.

Nobody is denying that atrocities have occurred against black people. What we are saying is that they are not the only group to have suffered, therefore they do not deserve any special consideration beyond that of the other groups. All people should be treated equally but standards should not be lowered to accommodate them.

In any sort of legitimate system of justice, there's some attempt at making victims of crime whole. Via the perps of course if possible, but regrettably it falls to the responsibility of the the rest if not. Various minorities are rather special cases, the consequences of their historical subjugation plain not just in all data but plain to the naked eye. That's why this "affirmative" action your hatred of alludes to was created in the first place, due to the recognition that waiting for victims to be made whole with the passage of even more historical time was unconscionable to ethical people. So recognize that what you're paying today is the debt left by old bigots who we didn't feel compelled to particularly punish (by tracking down their heirs, estates, etc all who benefited from another tier of second class citizens), so if you personally don't feel so generous, you should support efforts to make the perps & such pay more of their share.

bshole

Diamond Member
Mar 12, 2013
Lying comes so easily to your sort, as if their integrity had zero value, even according to themselves.

In any sort of legitimate system of justice, there's some attempt at making victims of crime whole. Via the perps of course if possible, but regrettably it falls to the responsibility of the the rest if not. Various minorities are rather special cases, the consequences of their historical subjugation plain not just in all data but plain to the naked eye. That's why this "affirmative" action your hatred of alludes to was created in the first place, due to the recognition that waiting for victims to be made whole with the passage of even more historical time was unconscionable to ethical people. So recognize that what you're paying today is the debt left by old bigots who we didn't feel compelled to particularly punish (by tracking down their heirs, estates, etc all who benefited from another tier of second class citizens), so if you personally don't feel so generous, you should support efforts to make the perps & such pay more of their share.

It is complicated though. For example, most liberals aren't concerned about illegal Mexican immigration even though that immigration pushes down the wages of black workers. It is hard to see the morally correct stance to take in this instance, what is the correct stance in your opinion?

If there were to be compensation to blacks for slavery, what would form should it take? Where would the money for the reparations come from?

Puffnstuff

Lifer
Mar 9, 2005
In any sort of legitimate system of justice, there's some attempt at making victims of crime whole. Via the perps of course if possible, but regrettably it falls to the responsibility of the the rest if not. Various minorities are rather special cases, the consequences of their historical subjugation plain not just in all data but plain to the naked eye.
Of course it does as our laws are an offshoot of the English common law system where the doctrine of equitable remedy is applied to make a person whole again. If we adhere to what you propose all white Christian people will receive compensation for the Salem Witch Trials, all workers will receive compensation for the Industrial Revolution and Pre-NLRA employment environment where countless workers of all sexes, races and religions perished during their employment and every last Japanese American would be compensated for the WW2 internment camps where actual American citizens were blatantly robbed of their constitutional rights which often resulted in a total forfeiture of their personal possessions and ability to support themselves. I'm not Japanese American but I can sympathize with them the most and they are the only group that I would support receiving compensation from the federal government because it was the responsible party for their illegal detainment.

agent00f

Lifer
Jun 9, 2016
It is complicated though. For example, most liberals aren't concerned about illegal Mexican immigration even though that immigration pushes down the wages of black workers. It is hard to see the morally correct stance to take in this instance, what is the correct stance in your opinion?

Liberals mostly react on this to conservatives picking some new weak group to prey on. These people are obviously here because they can be paid less, which would be much less of a problem if minimum wage were actually enforced.

If there were to be compensation to blacks for slavery, what would form should it take? Where would the money for the reparations come from?

Seem ideal the money first comes from any estates related to the practice, then the people who benefited the most from creation/perpetuation of that underclass. Not hard to see why american conservatism is wholeheartedly against the better solutions.

agent00f

Lifer
Jun 9, 2016
Of course it does as our laws are an offshoot of the English common law system where the doctrine of equitable remedy is applied to make a person whole again. If we adhere to what you propose all white Christian people will receive compensation for the Salem Witch Trials, all workers will receive compensation for the Industrial Revolution and Pre-NLRA employment environment where countless workers of all sexes, races and religions perished during their employment and every last Japanese American would be compensated for the WW2 internment camps where actual American citizens were blatantly robbed of their constitutional rights which often resulted in a total forfeiture of their personal possessions and ability to support themselves. I'm not Japanese American but I can sympathize with them the most and they are the only group that I would support receiving compensation from the federal government because it was the responsible party for their illegal detainment.

Keep in mind the ideals of slavery lived on segregation and such up into living memory. The group robbed by far the worst were the natives, and their present circumstances make a pretty laughable farce of Americans pretending to be good people.

Puffnstuff

Lifer
Mar 9, 2005
Keep in mind the ideals of slavery lived on segregation and such up into living memory. The group robbed by far the worst were the natives, and their present circumstances make a pretty laughable farce of Americans pretending to be good people.
All very true. which is why thinking people enacted legislation and created an enforcement agency to begin removing it from the working environment. Ethics (morals) play a key role in executing this and when the wrong people are in power they can mitigate some of this corrective action through various interferences. In an open society where each person has the personal freedom to believe as they wish this personal right will always conflict with any rules that are in conflict with it. Deep rooted racism has many faces and can come from any group and it isn't all one sided.

Native Americans do receive compensation for their lands being taken from them and have access to specific rights that attempt to further mitigate what has happened to them. Their reservations are treated as separate states where they exercise governance over their own people. What happened in the past for many people was wrong and there's no denying it but at some point in history almost everyone's ancestors suffered from it. Making sure that it doesn't happen again is important to any thinking people and that includes setting up any particular group with special privileges that would give them a specific advantage over others which Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 sought to eliminate.

Last edited:

agent00f

Lifer
Jun 9, 2016
All very true. which is why thinking people enacted legislation and created an enforcement agency to begin removing it from the working environment. Ethics (morals) play a key role in executing this and when the wrong people are in power they can mitigate some of this corrective action through various interferences. In an open society where each person has the personal freedom to believe as they wish this personal right will always conflict with any rules that are in conflict with it. Deep rooted racism has many faces and can come from any group and it isn't all one sided.

Native Americans do receive compensation for their lands being taken from them and have access to specific rights that attempt to further mitigate what has happened to them. Their reservations are treated as separate states where they exercise governance over their own people. What happened in the past for many people was wrong and there's no denying it but at some point in history almost everyone's ancestors suffered from it. Making sure that it doesn't happen again is important to any thinking people and that includes setting up any particular group with special privileges that would give them a specific advantage over others which Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 sought to eliminate.

The history of subjugation has long term consequences, much as if my ancestors took everything from your ancestors and adopted a societal framework where peoples with more things stuck together and kept ahead. You might think that somewhat unfair, particularly if I declared it to be entirely fair since I'm not directly taking anything from you now, just as the perpetrator of a crippling assault might declare it fair because he's not brutalizing the victim any more. The victim is crippled which doesn't bode well for his kids or theirs, but hey, everybody's got it rough amiright? Good thing thinking people anticipated this problem and deemed that it took affirmative instead of entirely passive acts to address.

Your reading comprehension sucks too I see. As anyone can see in that OTHER Thread I said:

With here being in That Thread. Even then I do not see the word "promise" anywhere.

If only it weren't a mystery what it takes for you to be less worthless in every thread.

Puffnstuff

Lifer
Mar 9, 2005
The history of subjugation has long term consequences, much as if my ancestors took everything from your ancestors and adopted a societal framework where peoples with more things stuck together and kept ahead. You might think that somewhat unfair, particularly if I declared it to be entirely fair since I'm not directly taking anything from you now, just as the perpetrator of a crippling assault might declare it fair because he's not brutalizing the victim any more. The victim is crippled which doesn't bode well for his kids or theirs, but hey, everybody's got it rough amiright? Good thing thinking people anticipated this problem and deemed that it took affirmative instead of entirely passive acts to address.
This is exactly why Trump just won the election.

chucky2

Lifer
Dec 9, 1999
"agent", what's wrong with the reparations you're already getting? I mean, we're letting you slaughter each other almost wholesale (remove 'almost' in Chicago), do you really need more? The tarps are even "free"...<BillyBob>damn you greedy boy!</BillyBob>

Another day, another bit of scream laugh hilarity from "agent"... :D

Puffnstuff

Lifer
Mar 9, 2005
I try to refrain from name calling, but you sir are in fact an idiot in its truest form.
Misery loves company so don't go there with him when he tries to drag you into his abyss. That guy needs some anger management therapy to get past his hang ups in life.

Reactions: pcgeek11

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
Dude, seriously? In the first place, Japanese Americans who were detained DID receive reparations, as well they should. However, those 49% of detainees who were not Japanese received nothing. Moreover, their treatment is a freakin' luxury vacation compared to what the federal government did to Chinese railroad workers, which is a freakin' luxury vacation compared to what the federal government did to Native Americans and black Africans. If we have one line labeled "Be detained for the length of the war your native nation started" and one line labeled "Be transported across the ocean against your will to a strange land where you will be property in perpetuity, as will be your children, with slave-holding state governments given power (representation) equal to 3/5 of your number even though you have effectively no rights and aren't even considered human, with a bunch of your co-transportees dying along every step of the way", and one line labeled "Have your ancestral lands repeatedly taken away (along with your very language) while you are slaughtered until finally the pitiful few remaining from your once-proud people are allowed to peacefully squat on barren ground and live off of charity from that same government", one will need freakin' Delta to reach the end of the Japanese' line.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
"agent", what's wrong with the reparations you're already getting? I mean, we're letting you slaughter each other almost wholesale (remove 'almost' in Chicago), do you really need more? The tarps are even "free"...<BillyBob>damn you greedy boy!</BillyBob>

Another day, another bit of scream laugh hilarity from "agent"... :D
Dude, not cool. I have him on 'Ignore' because he's insane, but there is absolutely nothing amusing about black people shooting each other to death over some imagined slight to the gang, much less the innocent bystanders who are terrorized and often hit by mistake or just not caring. This is a blight on our nation.

agent00f

Lifer
Jun 9, 2016
I try to refrain from name calling, but you sir are in fact an idiot in its truest form.

Let's not pretend you were quite smart enough to come up with the "just that thread" story the times I've mentioned it previously. Eg. https://forums.anandtech.com/thread...tional-disaster.2492262/page-21#post-38605885

Dude, not cool. I have him on 'Ignore' because he's insane, but there is absolutely nothing amusing about black people shooting each other to death over some imagined slight to the gang, much less the innocent bystanders who are terrorized and often hit by mistake or just not caring. This is a blight on our nation.

Completely revealing that between the klan sorts and someone who doesn't care for them, which one your typical conservative considers insane. Worth mentioning this marks the first time that I've ever seen one of them finding it in themselves to be the least bit critical of chucky, in start contrast to the deluge of comments about libtards. If we take the ratio of those posts it paints a pretty clear picture of how their priorities stack rank.