Christmas is White Supremacy in Action

Page 7 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

interchange

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
That's realistically just a better strategy to the political game, and thus a natural outcome of competitive survival instincts. Ie if you can get your guys to never cross lines and other guys do; no reason to lose out of principle. There's also realistically a greater difference between 1950's gop vs 1950's dem compared to the current 1950's gop vs 2016 dem.

You're not wrong.

Except winning the game is bad for the country.

interchange

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
Rather relative when losing the game is even worse for half the country.

You can only lose a game if you agree to play by the same rules.

Of course, you're also forgetting that more than 1/3 of the country is moderate.

If anyone wins, then the majority of America loses.

agent00f

Lifer
Jun 9, 2016
LoL. You guys have left me behind. What game is being played?

The 2-party political game where conservative strategy is vote as a reliable bloc while saying/doing whatever it takes to get the other side to stay home or whatever.

Puffnstuff

Lifer
Mar 9, 2005
In this game one side tries to play ping pong but applies tennis rules using a basketball while wearing hockey gear on a baseball field with goal posts while using jai alai sticks dressed for polo. Did I miss anybody?.:eek::p:D

Feb 16, 2005
In this game one side tries to play ping pong but applies tennis rules using a basketball while wearing hockey gear on a baseball field with goal posts while using jai alai sticks dressed for polo. Did I miss anybody?.:eek::p:D
nope, and luckily, there's a diagram to help explain it
7.jpg

Blue_Max

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2011

I propose we just play Calvinball (wait... did I just advocate near-anarchy?? Better upgrade it to at least "murderball" which is juuuuuust a little less pure chaos.) :D

Calvinball.jpg

Reactions: Puffnstuff

Puffnstuff

Lifer
Mar 9, 2005
I just wanted to add one more thing. At my university campus our campus leader is BLACK and is one of the nicest people you'd ever want to meet, is a Christian and promotes biblical principles without ever saying anything from the bible by demonstrating them. He understands what Hosea 4:6 means which is more than I can say for most people who spew hate from any side of the aisle.

When you get right down to it Christmas is supposed to celebrate the birth of Jesus, God in the flesh (John 1:1) which is something that only a bona fide Christian can confess (1 John 4:1-2), When we consider that as a Jew he's a minority then its plain to see that this holiday is not about white people at all so please stop with the untruths and enjoy your holidays.

Last edited:

interchange

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
I just wanted to add one more thing. At my university campus our campus leader is BLACK and is one of the nicest people you'd ever want to meet, is a Christian and promotes biblical principles without ever saying anything from the bible by demonstrating them. He understands what Hosea 4:6 means which is more than I can say for most people who spew hate from any side of the aisle.

When you get right down to it Christmas is supposed to celebrate the birth of Jesus, God in the flesh (John 1:1) which is something that only a bona fide Christian can do (1 John 4:1-2), When we consider that as a Jew he's a minority then its plain to see that this holiday is not about white people at all so please stop with the untruths and enjoy your holidays.

Well I wouldn't call Christmas about white people, but I sure wouldn't call it about celebrating the birth of Jesus either.

interchange

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
I agree that it has been turned into perhaps the greatest money making machine in history.

Christmas' origin is an attempt at reforming various pagan celebrations into a tool for the church to more acceptable to various converts. It has never really been a purely religious holiday. So much so that Puritans banned Christmas. It has since morphed into a new collection of traditions in the US mostly focused on gift-giving.

So...Christmas is all of these things and should be all of these things. If someone wants to have a purely or mostly religious Christmas, good for them. But non-Christians didn't bastardize the holiday and aren't doing something wrong by celebrating the way they do.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
If we are to believe the progressives, yes - because "America invented slavery."
http://www.thecollegefix.com/post/29719/

*sigh*

Nutjobs.
Sad, but hardly surprising - or accidental.

One other thing that very few young Americans understand is that America's first contact with slavery came not from rich white slaveowners, but from ships intercepted by Muslim North African (Barbary Coast) pirates. Those who were captured either raised large ransoms, or were sold into the Islamic slave trade. That began in the early sixteenth century and continued until Jefferson raised a professional Navy and Marine Corps in the early nineteenth century.

I'm no fan of BLM or in claims of white privilege in general, but it DOES exist to a degree. I grew up poor - didn't have an indoor bathroom until halfway through elementary school. My paternal grandfather was also poor, but he convinced a rich man to put up the money to open an auto parts store, equal partners - John's capital and my grandfather's labor. For the next forty years of his life half of everything earned went to his financier. After my grandfather died, my father spent another ~ thirty years with the same deal, eventually getting him to accept a buy-out. My family is still very grateful to John because even though that was the best investment he ever made (his words), it also afforded my family an opportunity we otherwise would never have had, and even though there were plenty of months where my father could not take a salary, when my father finally sold out and retired, he did pretty well. And in the mean time, we usually did better than we otherwise would have done, even paying John a salary and splitting any profits.

That kind of opportunity is rare for a poor white man. It is MUCH more rare for a poor black man. Ending slavery and Jim Crow laws did not automatically provide equality, that comes much more slowly. Which is why, when I was denied an opportunity to even apply for a good-paying TVA job because all slots were reserved for minorities, it really didn't sting, because I'm a white guy and as long as we work hard, we do all right.

So let's keep the record straight - but on BOTH sides of the ledger.

Reactions: interchange

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
Here in reality we have this thing called the Civil Rights Act of 1964, which includes all of the subsequent amendments, and contained therein is something called Title VII. This requires equality in all employment actions across all control groups. When an employer creates standards for a particular position any person who meets that criteria has a shot at getting the job. When you fail to do something about your circumstances, such as go to school and get a degree, then you cannot say anything beyond that you failed to meet the criteria for that position. Stop promoting pure manure.
To a degree, sure, but I've had two different jobs where I personally heard the owner say "You didn't hire that n****r, did you?" In reality, equality of employment opportunity is extremely hard to even determine, let alone enforce. And that's even assuming that equality of education can be attained. In reality, we all have the same opportunity to succeed, but for some it's climbing a mountain whereas for others it's merely rolling out of bed. Obviously that isn't purely along racial lines, but if one is attending a 97% black inner city school with 20% earning passing grades on the SAT, I imagine it sure looks that way.

Is it really your position that discrimination does not exist?

You will not find a bigger advocate on this board for recognizing the degree of squandered opportunity by individuals in this country.

But, because a black person may have squandered opportunity, it does not mean that they have been granted the same degree of opportunity to begin with.

These are two separate evils. Stop combining them.
That's somewhat profound.

I don't believe we'll ever provide exactly the same degree of opportunity. Nor, frankly, should we; one of humanity's great driving forces is to give one's kids a better life with better opportunities. But we can and should do a much better job of providing everyone a decent opportunity, and that requires honestly admitting where circumstances deny a decent opportunity AND taking steps so that those who are willing can work their way up with a reasonable chance of success.

The problem is that we are seeing each other as different instead of the same with some differences. And here is the result:
http://www.realclearscience.com/jou...isanship_in_three_stunning_charts_109196.html
Also profound. Personally I think it's due to government becoming ever more powerful and more intrusive. Whichever direction our federal government takes today is probably going to impact our lives. (Which in turn is good reason to learn to ignore things like gay marriage that only impact our lives if we so choose.) But whatever the cause, most of us are more alike than not.

When you get right down to it Christmas is supposed to celebrate the birth of Jesus, God in the flesh (John 1:1) which is something that only a bona fide Christian can confess (1 John 4:1-2), When we consider that as a Jew he's a minority then its plain to see that this holiday is not about white people at all so please stop with the untruths and enjoy your holidays.
Well said. In addition, Ethiopia is THE most important nation in early Christianity, and if not for the sheer scale and power of the Roman Empire would probably be recognized as the center of Christianity.

Even if one is an atheist or of a non-Christian religion, Jesus Christ is surely the philosopher who most impacted Western society, which is certainly worth honoring by something more than buying your kid the year's hot toy from Chinese workshops.

Puffnstuff

Lifer
Mar 9, 2005
To a degree, sure, but I've had two different jobs where I personally heard the owner say "You didn't hire that n****r, did you?" In reality, equality of employment opportunity is extremely hard to even determine, let alone enforce. And that's even assuming that equality of education can be attained. In reality, we all have the same opportunity to succeed, but for some it's climbing a mountain whereas for others it's merely rolling out of bed. Obviously that isn't purely along racial lines, but if one is attending a 97% black inner city school with 20% earning passing grades on the SAT, I imagine it sure looks that way.
I agree in that a rich kid doesn't worry about how they're going to pay for it much less how they'll live while in the process vs some poor kid that has to work to pay for everything.

I've lost everything multiple times in my life and always managed to work my way back up. It sucked, especially when you look around and see others not even remotely enduring the same conditions but you soldier on.

Last edited:

Puffnstuff

Lifer
Mar 9, 2005

That's somewhat profound.

I don't believe we'll ever provide exactly the same degree of opportunity. Nor, frankly, should we; one of humanity's great driving forces is to give one's kids a better life with better opportunities. But we can and should do a much better job of providing everyone a decent opportunity, and that requires honestly admitting where circumstances deny a decent opportunity AND taking steps so that those who are willing can work their way up with a reasonable chance of success.

Also profound. Personally I think it's due to government becoming ever more powerful and more intrusive. Whichever direction our federal government takes today is probably going to impact our lives. (Which in turn is good reason to learn to ignore things like gay marriage that only impact our lives if we so choose.) But whatever the cause, most of us are more alike than not.

Well said. In addition, Ethiopia is THE most important nation in early Christianity, and if not for the sheer scale and power of the Roman Empire would probably be recognized as the center of Christianity.

Even if one is an atheist or of a non-Christian religion, Jesus Christ is surely the philosopher who most impacted Western society, which is certainly worth honoring by something more than buying your kid the year's hot toy from Chinese workshops.
I agree in that Christianity is a philosophy not a religion and its too bad that more people don't realize it.

Orignal Earl

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2005
Sad, but hardly surprising - or accidental.

One other thing that very few young Americans understand is that America's first contact with slavery came not from rich white slaveowners, but from ships intercepted by Muslim North African (Barbary Coast) pirates. Those who were captured either raised large ransoms, or were sold into the Islamic slave trade. That began in the early sixteenth century and continued until Jefferson raised a professional Navy and Marine Corps in the early nineteenth century.

What are you saying here?
The American Christian slave trade did not exist until American Christians got the idea from Muslim pirates?

agent00f

Lifer
Jun 9, 2016
What are you saying here?
The American Christian slave trade did not exist until American Christians got the idea from Muslim pirates?

He's just parroting the typical american conservative trivialization of slavery. Good white christians corrupted by dirty arabs, you get the idea.

Nov 8, 2012
I love it. Black Lives Matter is advocating for not spending money? That's the closest thing to pot calling the kettle black that I've ever seen.

Hell, if they were actually successful Nike would crumble overnight. To which I would say go for it. The prices we pay for a lot of things is strictly because people buy items without an actual necessity. Keeping up with the Jones' etc...