Christian Terrorism - Round 2

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Sure that ractionary/fascist US people like you will never aknowledge that their country supported fascist and obscurantist terrorists as a mean to crush a communist government, keep on being ignorant, it suits you perfectly, thanks to ignorance, your only "argument", you can deny anything...

So an "invasion" to fight foreign mercenaries..??.

And here how it started :

So the US finance a war against progressists, they kept this country from modernizing hersel, but let see further :

So the legal government asked the russians for help against foreign mercenaries subsided and armed by the US, but hey, they are not the legal power according to brainwashed fascist like you, but let s look even further why this war occured :

This is what your fascist prez reagan was against, he was yelling freedom on a side and supporting reactionary terrorists.

Afghanistan is a country retarded thanks to the USA, now you can keep on your propaganda that date back from the 80s, you are responsible for this nation being left in the meddle age.

Wrong again.

Welcome to the Saur Revolution

Afghanistan prospered for some time between the end of WWII and the 1970's. There was an internal coup which replaced the leadership with a cousin. Bhutto, the prime minister of Pakistan got involved which aided the violent takeover by communists, you call the "legal government". The rebels fought against your "legal government" and were supported by the US. You can skip your propaganda.

blastingcap

Diamond Member
Sep 16, 2010

Your site is just as problematic and furthermore what some guy puts up doesn't matter. What self-identified Muslims think is what matters. This is what Muslims think, and it's possibly an UNDERstatement considering they didn't survey some of the really populous, hardcore countries like Saudi Arabia:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...hol-to-honor-killings-in-8-maps-and-4-charts/

(source) http://www.pewforum.org/2013/04/30/the-worlds-muslims-religion-politics-society-overview/

Last edited:

Black Octagon

Golden Member
Dec 10, 2012
Your site is just as problematic and furthermore what some guy puts up doesn't matter. What self-identified Muslims think is what matters. This is what Muslims think, and it's possibly an UNDERstatement considering they didn't survey some of the really populous, hardcore countries like Saudi Arabia:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...hol-to-honor-killings-in-8-maps-and-4-charts/

(source) http://www.pewforum.org/2013/04/30/the-worlds-muslims-religion-politics-society-overview/

Thanks for the interesting links, which if anything points to how heterogeneous Muslim opinions can be. That said, I don't understand the rest of your post.

My source is not from one guy but contains material from dozens of scholars.

Those scholars, moreover, ARE "self-identified" Muslims.

So how, exactly, is my source "just as problematic" as the one I was criticizing?

Hayabusa Rider

Jan 26, 2000
my muslim neighbors don't do that either.

Never had a problem with any religious people, at least not based on religion. That said there's a substantial proportion of Muslims as a whole who believe that suicide bombings are sometimes justified. Other religions don't seem to have this sort of thing. It doesn't mean that Muslims as a whole are dangerous or looking to get me. I reject that entirely, yet if I thought that a quarter of any large group might approve of such things I'd be less than approving and say that's an issue. The real trick would be to find ways of changing those minds without punishing Muslims, or anyone else unless they engage or provide active support for such activities.

Hayabusa Rider

Jan 26, 2000
Feel free to, you know, read the article.

I did. What I saw was someone creating an opinion piece based on his particular bias. What it did not do was explore what "religion" means in any meaningful sense. This was what happened with divorce statistics and religion. If anyone responded with an affirmative response to having a religious leaning as "christian" they were placed in the same box. What it did not do is identify any differences. If the data was more closely examined those who regularly attended church services have a lower divorce rate than the general population. You probably find them underrepresented in prison too. The "Well I'm christian because I'm not muslim and I think there must be a god" folks didn't fare too well. Regarding prison, I don't think that Michael Brown was out doing "gods work" the day he robbed the store and had the confrontation with the police, but your argument would place him in the "christian" category although he acted directly against Christian morality.

Likewise, the biased attempt to promote atheists in general to be morally superior can be sabotaged simply by citing the greatest killers in modern history, who happen to be atheists and violently so. What it comes down to is whether morals are preached and practiced by families, and that can be done by many kinds of people with various perspectives on religion.

blastingcap

Diamond Member
Sep 16, 2010
sabotaged simply by citing the greatest killers in modern history, who happen to be atheists and violently so

Some of the worst killers have been theists, but citing to those (or to how religion has been use to justify anything up to and including slavery) would not any more prove a point than your simplistic assertion.

There may be some sort of non-monotonic dose response curve in any case, where religion helps social unrest in small doses but becomes toxic in large doses. I'm more willing to entertain that idea than yours, but here we have statistical evidence that early-onset atheism inoculates one against older-age violence.

Last edited:

rommelrommel

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2002
Sure that ractionary/fascist US people like you will never aknowledge that their country supported fascist and obscurantist terrorists as a mean to crush a communist government, keep on being ignorant, it suits you perfectly, thanks to ignorance, your only "argument", you can deny anything...

So an "invasion" to fight foreign mercenaries..??.

And here how it started :

So the US finance a war against progressists, they kept this country from modernizing hersel, but let see further :

So the legal government asked the russians for help against foreign mercenaries subsided and armed by the US, but hey, they are not the legal power according to brainwashed fascist like you, but let s look even further why this war occured :

This is what your fascist prez reagan was against, he was yelling freedom on a side and supporting reactionary terrorists.

Afghanistan is a country retarded thanks to the USA, now you can keep on your propaganda that date back from the 80s, you are responsible for this nation being left in the meddle age.

I don't dispute one bit that the communist government had some appealing policies.

I just find it fucking hilarious that you refer to the communist government as "legal" when they took control via force. Yet Israel is illegitimate because they took lands by force.

Sure, the the west should have let Afghanistan implode like it would have, but we didn't know that.

Nov 25, 2013

Which has roughly 29 million out of 1.7 billion Muslims.

Only around 20% of all Muslims live in the Middle East.